Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Hybrid View

Streaming from piCore/LMS to HomePod mini

Is this possible? I searched the web but did not find any results.

Are there workarounds with plugins for example from philippe?

Thank you for hints.
    3xPi3B-7" | pCP 7.0.1 | LMS 8.2.1 | Transporter | 2xTouch | 2xClassic | 2xRadio | Boom | iPeng

Did you try Philippe's AirPlay Bridge plugin?
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Not yet, did not think about it because the piCore has to send streams like an Apple airplayer.
    I know it can receive airplay with this plugin but send also???
    3xPi3B-7" | pCP 7.0.1 | LMS 8.2.1 | Transporter | 2xTouch | 2xClassic | 2xRadio | Boom | iPeng

AirPlay Bridge sends to AirPlay devices.

Edit:
    You were probably thinking of the ShairTunes plugin.
    See the plugin descriptions in the LMS plugin list.
    Last edited by Paul Webster; 2022-05-28 at 11:07.
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

You are right, I thought of Shairtunes.

I will try it tomorrow, will be interesting.

Thank you.

The plugin seems to work and finds my 2 Airplay-devices: HomePod and Apple-TV.
    But they show not up as players in LMS, so no streaming to them. WiFi and bluetooth on the Pi are on as I can see in the browser on piCore-site.
    Any advice for further action?

Edit: Now they show up with the same IP as piCore-Player/Squeezelite. But I cannot play music to them.

2. Edit: Now it works! Rebooted the Pi, changed nothing, but everything with this HomePod-player works like with the squeezelite-player.

Now I wonder if it is possible to stream stereo to 2 HomePods.

Thanks again to Paul to direct me to this plugin and a very big thank you to Philippe.
    Last edited by bluetdi; 2022-05-28 at 23:44.

Streaming from piCore/LMS to HomePod mini

I donĺt have a Mac to try this on ů but looks like you can configure a Mac to be AirPlay receiver

https://support.apple.com/lv-lv/guid...hleee00ec8/mac

Might need to be without password
    Paul Webster

Don‘t have a Mac to try, but the second Homepod Mini is ordered already and I can collect it tomorrow morning.

Edit: Collected the 2. HomePod and tried both as stereo pair: No Stereo from them, just 2 separate players with mono sound. :-(

BTW: TuneBlade makes it possible to stream from a Windows-PC to the Homepods, also no stereo.
    Last edited by bluetdi; 2022-05-30 at 07:16.