Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bluetdi
    • Oct 2008

Streaming from piCore/LMS to HomePod mini

Is this possible? I searched the web but did not find any results.

Are there workarounds with plugins for example from philippe?

Thank you for hints.
    3xPi3B-7" | pCP 7.0.1 | LMS 8.2.1 | Transporter | 2xTouch | 2xClassic | 2xRadio | Boom | iPeng
  • Paul Webster
    • Apr 2005

Did you try Philippe's AirPlay Bridge plugin?
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Comment

• bluetdi
      • Oct 2008

Not yet, did not think about it because the piCore has to send streams like an Apple airplayer.
      I know it can receive airplay with this plugin but send also???
      3xPi3B-7" | pCP 7.0.1 | LMS 8.2.1 | Transporter | 2xTouch | 2xClassic | 2xRadio | Boom | iPeng

Comment

• Paul Webster
        • Apr 2005

AirPlay Bridge sends to AirPlay devices.

Edit:
        You were probably thinking of the ShairTunes plugin.
        See the plugin descriptions in the LMS plugin list.
        Last edited by Paul Webster; 2022-05-28, 19:07.
        Paul Webster
        Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
        and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Comment

• bluetdi
          • Oct 2008

You are right, I thought of Shairtunes.

I will try it tomorrow, will be interesting.

Thank you.

Comment

• bluetdi
            • Oct 2008

The plugin seems to work and finds my 2 Airplay-devices: HomePod and Apple-TV.
            But they show not up as players in LMS, so no streaming to them. WiFi and bluetooth on the Pi are on as I can see in the browser on piCore-site.
            Any advice for further action?

Edit: Now they show up with the same IP as piCore-Player/Squeezelite. But I cannot play music to them.

2. Edit: Now it works! Rebooted the Pi, changed nothing, but everything with this HomePod-player works like with the squeezelite-player.

Now I wonder if it is possible to stream stereo to 2 HomePods.

Thanks again to Paul to direct me to this plugin and a very big thank you to Philippe.
            Last edited by bluetdi; 2022-05-29, 07:44.

Comment

• Paul Webster
              • Apr 2005

Try LMS/Settings/Player/yourDevice/Audio/Output Channel Mode
              Paul Webster

Comment

• bluetdi
                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Paul Webster
                Try LMS/Settings/Player/yourDevice/Audio/Output Channel Mode
                Thank you, I knew it. But I need a second HomePod Mini before trying.
                Will buy one tomorrow.

Comment

• Paul Webster
                  • Apr 2005

Streaming from piCore/LMS to HomePod mini

I don’t have a Mac to try this on … but looks like you can configure a Mac to be AirPlay receiver

Turn on AirPlay Receiver to receive video and audio content from nearby devices on the same network.

Might need to be without password
                  Paul Webster

Comment

• bluetdi
                    • Oct 2008

Don‘t have a Mac to try, but the second Homepod Mini is ordered already and I can collect it tomorrow morning.

Edit: Collected the 2. HomePod and tried both as stereo pair: No Stereo from them, just 2 separate players with mono sound. :-(

BTW: TuneBlade makes it possible to stream from a Windows-PC to the Homepods, also no stereo.
                    Last edited by bluetdi; 2022-05-30, 15:16.

Comment

Working...