Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Streaming from LMS

Hi all, I recently tried to connect to LMS from VLC using the url
    http://playeripaddress:9000/stream.mp3

The player can be seen in the dropdown list of the LMS Web ui, if I select it, LMS will not play anything - no errors just nothing.
    I'm using VLC as the client on a Win 10 box and my server is Linux.
    What I've tried
    Launch VLC and select Media/Open Network Stream and enter the url
    Open Web ui and select the VLC player
    Select a track and click play
    Lots of nothing happens
    And then it happens again.

Any help greatly appreciated
    Intel NUC i5 Debian 16gb RAM 1TB SSD -> LMS -> Squeezelite -> Sablon EVO USB -> SRCDX -> Wave Storm BNC -> Chord Hugo MScaler -> dual Wave Storm BNC -> Chord DAVE DAC -> Meridian 551 -> Monitor Audio Gold -> Me

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming “Wow! What a Ride! - Hunter S Thompson - RIP

Where your playeripaddress is the LMS ip address.

Can you turn on diagnostics in VLC and/or LMS Settings/Advanced/Logging and pick some “player” / “http” options and increase the logging level and see what results in LMS logs.
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    Where your playeripaddress is the LMS ip address.

Can you turn on diagnostics in VLC and/or LMS Settings/Advanced/Logging and pick some “player” / “http” options and increase the logging level and see what results in LMS logs.

Yes LMS ip address
    Here are a few lines from server.log
    Code:
    [22-05-30 09:25:36.6906] Slim::Player::Song::open (425) Error: Couldn't create command line for flc playback for [file:///mnt/music/The%20Bad%20Shepherds/Yan,%20Tyan,%20Tethera,%20Metheral/01.%20I%20Fought%20The%20Law%20,%20Cockers%20At%20Pockers.flac]
    [22-05-30 09:25:39.5756] Slim::Player::Song::open (425) Error: Couldn't create command line for flc playback for [file:///mnt/music/The%20Bad%20Shepherds/Yan,%20Tyan,%20Tethera,%20Metheral/01.%20I%20Fought%20The%20Law%20,%20Cockers%20At%20Pockers.flac]
    [22-05-30 09:31:06.6975] Slim::Web::JSONRPC::requestMethod (411) commandargs undef or not an array!
    Intel NUC i5 Debian 16gb RAM 1TB SSD -> LMS -> Squeezelite -> Sablon EVO USB -> SRCDX -> Wave Storm BNC -> Chord Hugo MScaler -> dual Wave Storm BNC -> Chord DAVE DAC -> Meridian 551 -> Monitor Audio Gold -> Me

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming “Wow! What a Ride! - Hunter S Thompson - RIP

Can you try playing something that is not flac?
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Do you have lame installed on the LMS server?
    It's needed for stream.mp3 to be able to convert non mp3 files.
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 2-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Can you try playing something that is not flac?
    Hi Paul, good call it played an mp3 file ok

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    Do you have lame installed on the LMS server?
    It's needed for stream.mp3 to be able to convert non mp3 files.
    Hi Ralph how do I check ?

Edit

Never mind I figured it out
    which lame produced nothing so I installed it
    Code:
    apt install lame
    all working now thanks chaps
    Last edited by pkfox; 2022-05-30 at 04:53.

PCP Extensions.
    From memory it is pcp-lame or similar
    Paul Webster

PCP Extensions.
    From memory it is pcp-lame or similar
    All good now Paul thanks