Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Double songs and albums on LMS

Hi all.
    When i search a song or an album on my player (Squeezelite-X) i've, often, a lot of double.
    When i look for properties of doubles, i see that one is correctly stored on external hard drive where i put my music, and the other one on the older location folder, that is still alive.
    But on LMS control panel the only folders that it must scan are located on E:\
    Name:  LMS CP.png
Views: 250
Size:  19.1 KB
    (for example: one is on E:\Lossless and the another one is on G:\Lossless)
    but i can see other music folder, those who doesn't have to scan, under Disks and Folders.
    But i cannot understand: how LMS see folders that it must not scans?
    (before posting i perform a search for another similar thread can help me, the only one is really old and not useful).
    (don't answer me to delete old folders: no, thanks )
    Thanks in advance

Do a Full Clear & Rescan
    Jim
    https://jukeradio.double6.net

VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
    Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
    Dining Room SB Radio
    Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
    Guest Room Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes

Could be your playlists' paths are pointing to the old location on drive G ?
    LMS server/study player - LMS 8.3.0 Pi4B 4GB/NanoSound ONE case/pCP 8.1.0 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on Sata SSD (ntfs)
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 8.1.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > Topping E30 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Echo Show 8
    Garage - Squeezebox Touch > Edifier

Spares - 1xSB Touch, 1xSB3, 4xRPi, 1xDAC32, 1xCORE32

Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    Do a Full Clear & Rescan
    I did it, and i did a clean reinstall

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    Could be your playlists' paths are pointing to the old location on drive G ?
    playlist scan is disable and, no, all playlists, and all m3u and cue files that i've have not any kind of path

Quote Originally Posted by uncletoma View Post
    playlist scan is disable and, no, all playlists, and all m3u and cue files that i've have not any kind of path
    If you use cue files, when you see double files - do both file have the same audio format ? or is one a cur type ?

I did it, and i did a clean reinstall

If you have a playlist folder configured I don't see how you can disable a playlist scan.

If you drill down to track level you can see it's location, are both copies pointing to the same file location?

Name:  location.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  64.6 KB
    LMS server/study player - LMS 8.3.0 Pi4B 4GB/NanoSound ONE case/pCP 8.1.0 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on Sata SSD (ntfs)
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 8.1.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > Topping E30 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Echo Show 8
    Garage - Squeezebox Touch > Edifier

Spares - 1xSB Touch, 1xSB3, 4xRPi, 1xDAC32, 1xCORE32

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    If you have a playlist folder configured I don't see how you can disable a playlist scan.

If you drill down to track level you can see it's location, are both copies pointing to the same file location?
    It's simple, i open all my 6 playlists, perform a search for G:/ (it's an example) and all playlist have only E: (etc) files

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    If you use cue files, when you see double files - do both file have the same audio format ? or is one a cur type ?
    All cue, but i deleted (after a backup) all cue and m3u files (except files on playlists folder), i disabled scan for m3u and cue files but... the problem is still here.
    Last edited by uncletoma; 2022-05-21 at 14:44.

All cue, but i deleted (after a backup) all cue and m3u files (except files on playlists folder), i disabled scan for m3u and cue files but... the problem is still here.
    Didn't answer my question. The track files (not m3u, not cue) which are doubled. What audio formats does LMS show then the double files having ? (e.g. mp3, flac, alac, ogg, cur) ?

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    Didn't answer my question. The track files (not m3u, not cue) which are doubled. What audio formats does LMS show then the double files having ? (e.g. mp3, flac, alac, ogg, cur) ?
    Flac, maybe some dsf, but my collection is 95% flac based, few ape, few wavepack, and some dsd files.
    BTW according with this topic i opened library file and i saw a lot of not E:\ entries, so now i'm trying to delete them.
    Name:  musica sbagliata.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  206.3 KB

I deleted library.db, performed a new full scan and... nothing, the problem remain the same
    Last edited by uncletoma; 2022-05-23 at 09:39.

I solved it in a hard way: i deleted (after a backup) all files and folders on %ProgramData%, performed a new scan (i need to choose again all folders on Library tab), restore all part of %ProgramData% about plug-ins and... at least it works really fine.