Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by severac66 View Post
    Thanks for the link. MP3Tags or TheGodFather seem to be good tools. However, the syntaxes require great rigour (separators, spaces) and a rigorous hierarchy.
    These programs seem to me rather intended to reorganize libraries by giving them a structure.
    In any case, even by copying the path into a tag recognised by LMS it would not be possible to use it as I would like in the absence of a multiple selection.
    The program "Everything" under Windows corresponds rather well to my use but does not allow communication with LMS.
    Full Text Search should work. You already said that having correct tags would solve your issue. Try tagging one album from the path using mp3tag and see if that works.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Music/Beethoven /Piano concertos/Brendel, Haitink,RCO
    .............................................../Brendel, Levine, Chicago
    .............................................../Brendel, Rattle, Wien
    .............................................../Pereiha, Haitink, RCO
    if it was possible to mention several search terms in Path,
    by entering : Beethoven Piano concertos Brendel I could see the 3 Brendel recordings
    by entering : Beethoven Piano concertos Haitink I could see Brendel-Haitink and Pereiha-Haitink
    I think you can achieve what you want, but it requires multiple steps.

If you first search for paths containing "Beethoven/Piano concertos", then save the results of that search as a library view, you can then enter that library view and search for paths containing Brendel or paths containing Haitink, or whatever you want.

It is also regrettable that the "Music folder" option does not allow a search and remains paginated....
    The Music Folder is a tree view that allows users to view the contents of exactly one node (folder or directory) at a time. It would sometimes be helpful to be able to view the contents of multiple directories, especially in the case of a directory and its subdirectories. But my guess is that this would be very complicated, requiring a complete rewrite of the code, not a simple tweak.
    Usually running latest beta LMS nightly on Raspberry Pi OS with virtual players (Squeezelite and Airplay bridge). Occasionally using SB Radio, Boom or Classic.

Thank you for your indications and suggestions.
    I did write that perfect tags should be the solution but the amount of work required is really too much and I don't really know how it is possible to manage several artists on the same recording by tags.
    I assume that "Full text search" is the default search offered in "Audio Player". It accepts multiple search terms and uses both the path, including the filename, and the tags. Is there a precise description of how it works somewhere?
    Regarding the "Library view" option, the backup is clearly indicated at the bottom of the advanced search but I don't know how to reload/reuse this backup for a later step. This seems to be an interesting way.
    Do you know if the third party plugin "Database Query" is operational?

Desired option of "Advanced search".

> I did write that perfect tags should be the solution but the amount of
    > work required is really too much

The reason why you ask for support of multiple paths in advanced search
    probably is the same reason why it doesn't exist yet: the work is too
    much. Now the question is who has the most interest to solve your
    problem :-D

Whatever question is asked, the person most interested in the answer is the one asking it.
    I don't think my question is one of multiple paths. It is about the possible use of multiple words/terms contained in the full path.
    Many databases allow multiple choices for a single field.
    I remain of course interested in any additional information on the 3 points of my last message:
    - management by tags of several artists in the same record (album, track).
    - iterative use of Library views
    - Database Query plugin

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

I remain of course interested in any additional information on the 3 points of my last message:
    - iterative use of Library views
    I will try to explain how this works. First of all, I should say that a Library View is simply a subset of your library, and that it is defined by the Advanced Search tool. The Library Views feature is built into recent versions of Logitech Media Server. No additional plugin is needed. (There is a plugin called Simple Library Views that offers some similar features, but it is not part of this discussion.)

Before you can use Library Views, the feature must be enabled for each and every player that will use it. To do this, open the LMS Settings page and select the "Player" tab.

Name:  lms-libview.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  42.5 KB

1. Select the player from the dropdown list at far left.

2. Select "Additional Browse Modes from the dropdown list to the right.

3. Check the box by "Library Views."

4. (not pictured) Click the "Apply" button at lower right.

Repeat the above steps for any other players you want to use with Library Views.

Now that you have enabled Library Views, open the Advanced Search panel.

Name:  lms_search-01.jpg
Size:  54.4 KB

1. Enter the most general term you want to search for in the Path field. Be sure the search option, just above the field, is set to "contains."

2. You will probably want a list of albums rather than individual tracks (or, as LMS insists on calling them, "songs") at this point. But that's your choice. Click the "Search" button.

You should see the results of the search.

Name:  lms_search-02.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  14.8 KB

THIS IS THE STEP THAT PEOPLE FREQUENTLY FORGET TO DO

1. Click on "Advanced Search" in the line "Home > Advanced Search."

You should return to the Advanced Search panel.

Name:  lms_search-03.jpg
Size:  67.1 KB

1. You now have "Save as" options. Click "As Library View."

Now return to the "Home" view of "My Music."

Name:  lms_search-04.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  43.9 KB

1. Click "Library Views."

You should now see a list of available library views. Since you just created your first one, that one and All Library (Default) should be the only ones listed.

Click on the one you just created. You should then see a dialog asking if you want to use that library view or delete it.

After choosing to Use the new library view, you can return to Advanced Search and search for another term in the existing library view to further narrow your search. If necessary, you can save the new search as another library view, and search again in it.

There are limitations to the usefulness of this feature. For one, the Music Folder option always shows your entire music folder, regardless of what Library View is in use. But I hope that this will make the Advanced Search results more useful for you.

If some more screenshots would be helpful, I can add more in another post. Only five images are allowed in a single post, and I hope these have covered most of the issues.
    Usually running latest beta LMS nightly on Raspberry Pi OS with virtual players (Squeezelite and Airplay bridge). Occasionally using SB Radio, Boom or Classic.

Thank you very much for your very detailed answer on how "library views" work. It is indeed an interesting approach. However, due to the semi-permanent nature of the views, it seems to me that it is better suited to certain discographies (performer or particular work) or in-depth research.
    Additional question: Are these views automatically updated during a general scan or do I have to start over to update them?

Thank you very much for your very detailed answer on how "library views" work. It is indeed an interesting approach. However, due to the semi-permanent nature of the views, it seems to me that it is better suited to certain discographies (performer or particular work) or in-depth research.
    Additional question: Are these views automatically updated during a general scan or do I have to start over to update them?
    They're automatically updated during a scan.

Name:  LVscan.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  140.6 KB
    LMS server/study player - LMS 8.3.0 Pi4B 4GB/NanoSound ONE case/pCP 8.1.0 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on Sata SSD (ntfs)
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 8.1.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > Topping E30 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Echo Show 8
    Garage - Squeezebox Touch > Edifier

Spares - 1xSB Touch, 1xSB3, 4xRPi, 1xDAC32, 1xCORE32

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    They're automatically updated during a scan.
    Thank you for your promptness in providing this additional information.
    Do you know what are the elements and what is the structure of the "Full text index" created during the scan?

Thank you for your promptness in providing this additional information.
    Do you know what are the elements and what is the structure of the "Full text index" created during the scan?
    Sorry, no, I'm not that technical.

The only entries in the scanner log -

Code:
    [22-05-22 17:43:49.4031] Slim::Music::Import::runImporter (579) Starting Slim::Music::VirtualLibraries scan
    [22-05-22 17:43:54.7483] Slim::Music::Import::endImporter (712) Completed Slim::Music::VirtualLibraries Scan in 5.345 seconds.
    Perhaps Michael can advise if more is revealed using different logging parameters, and which to change?
    LMS server/study player - LMS 8.3.0 Pi4B 4GB/NanoSound ONE case/pCP 8.1.0 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on Sata SSD (ntfs)
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 8.1.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > Topping E30 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Echo Show 8
    Garage - Squeezebox Touch > Edifier

Spares - 1xSB Touch, 1xSB3, 4xRPi, 1xDAC32, 1xCORE32