Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Running several servers on same network - clarification for different hardware

Is this still relevant? Do I need to set it up this way if I run two servers on different hardware? Probably not, right?

https://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.p...e_servers.html

(I already set up the second server and it worked fine and I can change by "music source".)

Don't know what is your desired outcome/ use case, but have you tried library views? It's far better from practical use to separate your library then using separate servers.. Problem with servers is that players can only be assigned to one server at the time. If that's what you want then it's fine but with library view all players are available for all library views (users) and available at click /touch when using with material skin app or browser.
    3x Squeezebox Touch, 4x Squeezebox Radio, Squeezelite (RPi 3B with HiFiBerry DAC+Pro on OSMC), Material Skin Apk, Squeeze Commander, Logitech Media Server Version: 8.2.0 with Material Skin (Docker in DS218+)

Plus ... it can be confusing when players migrate themselves from one server to another without you realising.
    This does not happen with some (or perhaps all) of the official hardware players from Slimdevices/Logitech but it does with Squeezelite (which is what is under the skin of other some other players including SqueezeAMP).
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Did not know about library views but then I should of course check this out! Thank you very much!!!

(Glad I learned what an unprivileged LXC container is and how to mount a CIFS hare in there on the way to install a second LMS in such a container, though. )

Quote Originally Posted by Jaca View Post
    Don't know what is your desired outcome/ use case, but have you tried library views? It's far better from practical use to separate your library then using separate servers.. Problem with servers is that players can only be assigned to one server at the time. If that's what you want then it's fine but with library view all players are available for all library views (users) and available at click /touch when using with material skin app or browser.
    Sorry to ask again, but how does it work? I installed the Plugin "Simple Library Views" and in the settings defined four names separated with semicolons. I also put four according files without filename-extensions into the appropriate folders. I saw that the DB was indexed.

But I cannot see an icon in the home menu of the website (or my Squeezer app) where I can chose libraries.

Should it be under "My Music"?

EDIT: Should this work? Is this even related to the Simple Library Views-Plugin? On my website I don't see the "cog at bottom left of search": https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...=1#post1019349

I am using 8.2 at the moment. Can I update? Seems like the guy from the link uses 8.3.
    Last edited by bvrulez; 2022-05-16 at 00:38.

Quote Originally Posted by bvrulez View Post
    Sorry to ask again, but how does it work? I installed the Plugin "Simple Library Views" and in the settings defined four names separated with semicolons. I also put four according files without filename-extensions into the appropriate folders. I saw that the DB was indexed.

But I cannot see an icon in the home menu of the website (or my Squeezer app) where I can chose libraries.

Should it be under "My Music"?

EDIT: Should this work? Is this even related to the Simple Library Views-Plugin? On my website I don't see the "cog at bottom left of search": https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...=1#post1019349

I am using 8.2 at the moment. Can I update? Seems like the guy from the link uses 8.3.
    No need for plugin, library views are standard in LMS but little obscure I guess. You need to advanced search and create search based on criteria.. It could be tags (like genre etc) or path to music on you server (partial or specific) or dates.. I can't remember all possible arguments now but there is quite few you can combine which gives you endless possibilities for segregation. You will see (under advanced search) that you can save your search results as library view, rather then just displaying it.

Once you created your views you can see which view is currently in use on main screen of material skin next to "my music" and access/change them in " my music" sub menu (3dots)

In below example I have library view MUSIC.

Probably best to search forum here for more help on library views.. It may appear difficult to use but it's not once you understand what it can give you
    3x Squeezebox Touch, 4x Squeezebox Radio, Squeezelite (RPi 3B with HiFiBerry DAC+Pro on OSMC), Material Skin Apk, Squeeze Commander, Logitech Media Server Version: 8.2.0 with Material Skin (Docker in DS218+)

I am using the browser and I cannot find a link to save a search.

EDTI: When I query a path it shows the files but no option to save the search neither.

Name:  Bildschirmfoto 2022-05-16 um 11.20.48.png
Views: 70
Size:  82.1 KB

Name:  Bildschirmfoto 2022-05-16 um 11.43.52.png
Views: 61
Size:  146.8 KB
    Last edited by bvrulez; 2022-05-16 at 02:44.

it is not the most obvious interface ... but ... put something in the fields (eg beatles in Artist contains)
    Then execute the search then ... click on "Advanced Search" that has now appeared at the top of the page ... and now you should see a new field to save the search request with a name.

The benefit of this approach is that you get to see the current results of the search before you save it so you can check that it is correct.
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

The option for "Advanced Search" (Erweiterte Suche) is there from the start.

But saving the Search is nowhere, regardless if I put something in the fields and execute, with results or without.

Name:  Bildschirmfoto 2022-05-16 um 11.48.11.png
Views: 60
Size:  25.0 KB