Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Squeezebox Touch and eero 6+ dual band mesh router

I thought I would share this info in case anyone else runs into problems getting their Squeezebox Touch to talk to their LMS through an eero 6+ dual band mesh router setup.

The Netgear router I've been using for years to run my Squeezebox and everything else in the house was recently struggling to keep up so I bought an eero 6+ dial band mesh router to get better capacity and coverage throughout the house. After setting up the new router, I found that everything connected fine (3 laptops, 2 iphones, a Roku stick, and the Squeezbox Touch). Although the Squeezebox connected to the network, it couldn't find the LMS on the laptop that has my music library even though that laptop was on the network and LMS was up and running.

I spent hours trying to troubleshoot the problem with no luck. It occurred to me that maybe there was some sort of incompatibility between the Squeezebox and the new router via wi-fi since the Squeezebox Touch is now relatively old tech. The eero 6+ I bought has a primary router that connects to the ISP modem (upstairs) and a secondary router located downstairs in my house. The Squeezebox is downstairs so I connected the secondary router directly to the Squeezebox with an ethernet cable to bypass the wi-fi and it worked. Problem solved. Phew! My Squeezebox lives to play another day.

I'm not all that savvy about the finer points of routers so there may be a way to make it work by wi-fi, but using an ethernet connection between the router and Squeezebox works.

Same problem here. Different solution.

I pulled an old Apple Airport Express out of storage and hooked it up to the EERO via Enet. Set the Airport in bridge mode and the SBT connects fine and finds the LMS server.

Quote Originally Posted by wrf View Post
    Same problem here. Different solution.

I pulled an old Apple Airport Express out of storage and hooked it up to the EERO via Enet. Set the Airport in bridge mode and the SBT connects fine and finds the LMS server.
    Thanks for adding another solution to this problem. The more the better.