Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

tagging fields - what to use for source?

Up to now, I have used the COMMENT tag to store info form the source of the file. For example SACD, Qobuz, Vinyl rip, etc. Now that Material has the possibility to use the COMMENT tag for disc titles I am thinking of using another field for the source info. What field do you use for that kind of info? SOURCE? VERSION?
    Living: EtherRegen -> Ultrarendu -> Benchmark DAC2 HGC -> Benchmark AHB2 -> ATC SCM19 v2 & Sennheiser HD650
    Kitchen: SB Touch -> Audio Pro Addon T10 gen2
    Kids rooms: SB Booms
    Bedroom: SB Boom & SB Radio
    Controls: Material Skin & LMS via internet, iPeng
    Server: Windows 10 Pro with LMS 8.3
    Spare: 2 SB Touch, 1 SB3, 2 SB Radio

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfiction View Post
    Up to now, I have used the COMMENT tag to store info form the source of the file. For example SACD, Qobuz, Vinyl rip, etc. Now that Material has the possibility to use the COMMENT tag for disc titles I am thinking of using another field for the source info. What field do you use for that kind of info? SOURCE? VERSION?
    You could still use COMMENT. e.g. "SOURCE=Qobuz;TITLE=Title of disc" - Material can be configured to split the COMMENT tag on semi-colon, and then looks for section starting with "TITLE="
    Material debug: 1. Launch via http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json (Use http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json,cometd to also see update messages, e.g. play queue) 2. Open browser's developer tools 3. Open console tab in developer tools 4. REQ/RESP messages sent to/from LMS will be logged here.

Quote Originally Posted by cpd73 View Post
    You could still use COMMENT. e.g. "SOURCE=Qobuz;TITLE=Title of disc" - Material can be configured to split the COMMENT tag on semi-colon, and then looks for section starting with "TITLE="
    Thanks, to keep things tidy I probably prefer to have another tag for the source info. Although not sure what the most commonly one used is for source info....
    Living: EtherRegen -> Ultrarendu -> Benchmark DAC2 HGC -> Benchmark AHB2 -> ATC SCM19 v2 & Sennheiser HD650
    Kitchen: SB Touch -> Audio Pro Addon T10 gen2
    Kids rooms: SB Booms
    Bedroom: SB Boom & SB Radio
    Controls: Material Skin & LMS via internet, iPeng
    Server: Windows 10 Pro with LMS 8.3
    Spare: 2 SB Touch, 1 SB3, 2 SB Radio

Not sure what format you're using, but ID3 does define
    Code:
    TMED
    - https://id3.org/id3v2.3.0#Declared_ID3v2_frames

But you might have more luck getting a user-defined comment field to display.