Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    @David

Late returning to the party, a couple minor things from your posts:

1) You were unsure how picoreplayer would be beneficial over just LMS on your pi (since you want your touch as a player). Don't get tripped up with the "player" part of the name. As mentioned previously, the "player" can be disabled and picoreplayer run just as a LMS server (which is what you are trying to replace on your win machine). This is how I use pcP, server only.

2) 64-bit? I thought we were encouraged to use 32-bit? Others, chime in please...

3) You certainly can use a mouse, keyboard, display during setup, but I have never needed one for a basic setup. I just prep the SD, power it up, look for it on my network, and enter the ip address on a browser on my windows machine, and use the pcP UI.

4) As you move on, because pcP is evolving so fast, you will find the "how to" on the pcP site to be a bit out of date, images and where options are in particular. There are alot of threads where the kind folks here have walked others through it. I can look for a couple and post them if needed, or, just continue here.

@kidstypike put together a great one that took up only a single post. I'll look to see if I can find it...here it is and this thread is a good general discussion of the process: https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...-Player-set-up

5) Not sure if you are stuck on SD card imaging, but did you try a different card? Windiskimager has always worked for me.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
    2) 64-bit? I thought we were encouraged to use 32-bit? Others, chime in please...
    I think that is perhaps for the rPi3B+ or earlier. I run the 64-bit piCorePlayer on my rPi4B units with no issues.

p.s. I too run only LMS on my rPi and still use Touch, Transporter, Radio, Boom as the actual players. I turn off Squeezelite in rPi on the piCorePlayer tweaks page.
    Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP8.x/4TB>LMS 8.2.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP8.x/4TB>LMS 8.2.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>foobar2000
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

It works!!!!

I still have a few more minor bits and pieces to fix, but in the main it works.

I still feel that I have so, so much to learn, but I really wanted to thank you all for your help and support. Especially the chap who messaged me with his image that I ended up using. (Thank you, I deliberately chose not to name you because I thought the last thing you needed was to be the guy everybody messages for help for the next decade. Thank you, it is appreciated.)

So, I have some learning to do, and hope to make some steady and slow improvements.

Appreciated.

David

Happy for you David...

You will be helping others in no time...

As far as learning, one of the things that I do is regularly look at "what's new" posts on this forum, and subscribe to what interests me (with email notification), occasionally being able to contribute.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBullock62 View Post
    It works!!!!

I still have a few more minor bits and pieces to fix, but in the main it works.

I still feel that I have so, so much to learn, but I really wanted to thank you all for your help and support. Especially the chap who messaged me with his image that I ended up using. (Thank you, I deliberately chose not to name you because I thought the last thing you needed was to be the guy everybody messages for help for the next decade. Thank you, it is appreciated.)

So, I have some learning to do, and hope to make some steady and slow improvements.

Appreciated.

David
    Thanks Jim, really enjoying it being back.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBullock62 View Post
    Thanks Jim, really enjoying it being back.
    I guess you didn't mean to quote your own post

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk