Custom Joggler HD Skin with Controls (Took me all week)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eyerex
    • May 2016

My work is done

It's surprising what you can do even when you have no idea what your doing :)

Comment

• mherger
      Babelfish's Best Boy
      • Apr 2005

Custom Joggler HD Skin with Controls (Tookme all week)

> My work is done

Very nice! Is there any way you could share this with the community as a
      3rd party applet? Or did you patch the files directly?
      Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
      (LMS: Settings/Information)

Comment

• Eyerex
        • May 2016

Originally posted by mherger
        > My work is done

Very nice! Is there any way you could share this with the community as a
        3rd party applet? Or did you patch the files directly?
        I did edits to the .lua within the Joggler skin only problem is in the 7" skin i've had to turn off the analog dials as they shared code with the spectrum analyser which i tinkered with so things went out of alinement so turned off, also with the HD skin i had to turn off analog dials and text only skin due to alinement problems

Will post new HD skin later but have done a couple of vids showing 7" skin plus how to move over to the Picoreplayer plus links to files

Comment

• Eyerex
          • May 2016

Picoreplayer how to access .lua file

Comment

• Eyerex
            • May 2016

Joggler HD with Spectrum 1920x1080

if anyone wants to have a test

.lua

Jivelite
            Last edited by Eyerex; 2022-05-17, 20:09. Reason: Updated code (cleaned up)

Comment

• Eyerex
              • May 2016

It's a mock-up as it has confusing math to move into the right place so may try resizing image to move about but Yay or Nay with the Analog VU Meter

Comment

• Eyerex
                • May 2016

After 3 days i got it working

Does anyone have a little bit more understanding of the code for the Analog VU Meter as you can't move about like the Spectrum Visualizer and after scratching my head for 3 days i sort of worked out that the code sort of opens a windows which you then have to make sure the meter image is placed within the space ie i added the Meter image to a 10000 x 1080 image then moved within that space

Did just try adding a zOrder = to see if layer could just be moved up but couldn't get it working so did above with trial and error

Update
                Think i understand why it works that way as you would see the whole image of meters otherwise

Click image for larger version

Name:	m.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	1575108
                Last edited by Eyerex; 2022-05-20, 19:55.

Comment

• Eyerex
                  • May 2016

I've managed to make some mini meters which are sort of working for a 7" screen problem is the normal file is 10000 x 453 which i've scaled down so image is now 5000 x on a 480 background still with the 25 animated frames, problem is i think a setting needs to be changed which i can't find to set a 5000 width as meters have a wobble

Did find this on github https://github.com/ralph-irving/tcz-...er/VUMeter.lua but my VUMeter.lua file is different

Forget about above it's stated working ok after redoing my image file
                  Last edited by Eyerex; 2022-05-21, 21:31.

Comment

• Eyerex
                    • May 2016

Picoreplayer final end game done

After about a month of not having a clue about coding everything is done

It was a nightmare but still fun learning stuff, just remember you will spend days even weeks failing but you will still learn stuff even when it fails so give it a go just make sure you have lots of coffee on hand

Output from HDMI of Pi before it get loaded onto my main player

Comment

• sodface
                      • Jul 2008

Awesome job Eyerex!

Comment

• Eyerex
                        • May 2016

All done just a vid showing what it looks like loaded onto the Pi with 7" screen will post files later if anyone wants to test but remember only meters that work for now are the Blue Glow as other meter types will have to be edited for them to work

Raspberry Pi 7" Touchscreen Display Version

JogglerSkinApplet.lua

pcp-jivelite.tcz

VU_Meter_Blue_Glow.tcz (must be swapped to work)

HD TV Version 1920 x 1080

JogglerSkinApplet.lua

pcp-jivelite.tcz

VU_Meter_Blue_Glow.tcz (must be swapped to work)
                        Last edited by Eyerex; 2022-05-24, 11:39.

Comment

• gegen
                          • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Eyerex
                          All done just a vid showing what it looks like loaded onto the Pi with 7" screen will post files later if anyone wants to test but remember only meters that work for now are the Blue Glow as other meter types will have to be edited for them to work

Great work! Well done!
                          Looking forward to trying it out.

Comment

• carsten_h
                            • Apr 2019

It looks really good! I like the flat style!

Originally posted by mherger
                            Is there any way you could share this with the community as a
                            3rd party applet?
                            This would really be great! A new skin-option (or two, one for 7“ and one for Full-HD) and a new VU-Meter would be a great addition!!
                            Pi4 4GB piCorePlayer with LMS and Squeezelite for USB inside an Argon One case
                            Pi3B+ (7" Display, Hifiberry DAC+ Pro) piCorePlayer with Squeezlite/Jivelite for Hifiberry inside a SmartiPi touch case
                            Pi Zero W only for Bluetooth headphones
                            Two Airport Express
                            Ikea Symfonisk

Comment

• seekasoul
                              • Jan 2020

can this VUMeter Skin be used on Squeezeplay?

Very cool, is it somehow possibile to run it on a SqueezePlay client running on a PC/Mac?

Comment

• carsten_h
                                • Apr 2019

I downloaded pcp-jivelite.tcz and VU_Meter_Blue_Glow.tcz to my piCorePlayer, but after a reboot it doesn‘t start jivelite any more.
                                If I understand your videos correctly, JogglerSkinApplet.lua is part of pcp-jivelite.tcz, or do I have to exchange it in your new pcp-jivelite.tcz too?
                                Or is there some other thing I have to change before I exchange the files?
                                Pi4 4GB piCorePlayer with LMS and Squeezelite for USB inside an Argon One case
                                Pi3B+ (7" Display, Hifiberry DAC+ Pro) piCorePlayer with Squeezlite/Jivelite for Hifiberry inside a SmartiPi touch case
                                Pi Zero W only for Bluetooth headphones
                                Two Airport Express
                                Ikea Symfonisk

Comment

Working...