Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Custom Joggler HD Skin with Controls (Took me all week)

Took me all week but wanted a HD skin with controls so i could just use a mouse for a client player used on a Raspberry Pi plugged into a TV so did an edit on the Joggler Skin

Don't have a clue about coding plus took me the rest of the week trying to workout how to get the files onto the Raspberry Pi running Picoreplayer needs a few tweaks here and there but happy for now

Changes i made to Joggler

274 Framework:setVideoMode(1920, 1080, 0, false)
    2798 local NP_ARTISTALBUM_FONT_SIZE = 68
    2799 local NP_TRACK_FONT_SIZE = 100
    2803 local volumeBarWidth = 420 -- screenWidth - (transport controls + volume controls + dividers + border around volume bar)
    2859 y = TITLE_HEIGHT + 68,
    2860 h = 150,
    2877 y = TITLE_HEIGHT + 285,
    2878 h = 100,
    2895 y = TITLE_HEIGHT + 450,
    2896 h = 100,
    2936 position = LAYOUT_NONE,
    2937 x = _tracklayout.x + 2,
    2939 y = screenHeight - 180,
    3028 x = _tracklayout.x + 25,
    3029 y = screenHeight - 250,
    Last edited by Eyerex; 2022-04-15 at 10:00.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyerex View Post
    Took me all week but wanted a HD skin with controls so i could just use a mouse for a client player used on a Raspberry Pi plugged into a TV so did an edit on the Joggler Skin

Don't have a clue about coding plus took me the rest of the week trying to workout how to get the files onto the Raspberry Pi running Picoreplayer needs a few tweaks here and there but happy for now

Excellent, and as you say some of the other visualisations on the big screen would be very cool.

Quote Originally Posted by gegen View Post
    Excellent, and as you say some of the other visualisations on the big screen would be very cool.
    I've used a artiest on Fiverr to do images of Hi-fi components for me in the past so will have to see if he can do it and how much it will cost or give it ago myself

Great job! Thanks for your efforts.

Fired up Photoshop as wanted a HD Clock as was thinking i could just swap the image in the Jogglerskin image folder but no as my 1920x1080 wasn't scaling properly so went digging and found the ClockApplet.lua which i think controls all the clock setting across all the skins and changed setting below (for Joggler Skin only) and it worked

Line 3148
    local ratio = math.max(screen_width/800, screen_height/480) changed to local ratio = math.max(screen_width/1920, screen_height/1080)

Just did a test image to make sure things worked

My end game is image below so wondered as there's code for the visualizer in one of the views within joggler could that be shoehorned into the main view

Name:  3.jpg
Views: 336
Size:  192.6 KB

Am i right in thinking the the styles code for each screen can be edited to add content into each one so say i change

{
    style = 'nowplaying',
    artworkSize = midArtwork,
    text = self:string("ART_AND_TEXT"),
    },

to below the spectrum analyzer is then added to the playback skin which i can them change placement and size

{
    style = 'nowplaying',
    artworkSize = midArtwork,
    text = self:string("ART_AND_TEXT_SPECTRUM_ANALYZER"),
    },

Worked out how to resize and move the Spectrum Visualizer plus change the colour about just need to workout how to move into my Joggler edit as video is what it will look like fingers crossed when finished so wondered is it worth doing so yay or nay

"give a monkey a keyboard"

Somehow it's coming to life a display with album cover and spectrum analyser needs a lot of tweaking ie moving things around like progress bar plus changing colours of spectrum so everything matches

3 weeks i've been at this

Quick question would you restrict the spectrum analyser bars from overlapping the text and keep them just below