Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

My Duet keeps asking me to install LMS 8.0.1 but I'm already using 8.3.0

Whenever I run LMS 8.3.0, my Duet repeatedly tries to get me to install 8.0.1. I have found a way to back out of that menu, but later, when I perform some other function or make some other choice, it will come back and ask me again. Is there a way to make it stop?

When ever I have seen the controller of the duet ask for a software upgrade, it's for the controller itself, not LMS. But the version number you list doesn't seem to jive

do this, on your controller go to settings->advanced->software update. Your current firmware should be listed. Mine is 7.8.0 R16739. I think this is the latest. Below that there should be a prompt to update with version xxxx. If the two versions match, you are up to date. If they don't, I think that is why the controller keeps bugging you

firmware for the receiver is 77.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
    When ever I have seen the controller of the duet ask for a software upgrade, it's for the controller itself, not LMS. But the version number you list doesn't seem to jive

do this, on your controller go to settings->advanced->software update. Your current firmware should be listed. Mine is 7.8.0 R16739. I think this is the latest. Below that there should be a prompt to update with version xxxx. If the two versions match, you are up to date. If they don't, I think that is why the controller keeps bugging you

firmware for the receiver is 77.

Jim
    Settings>Advanced>Software Update just brings up the same request to update; it doesn't show the current version. However: I was able to find the current version by going to Help>Diagnostics>General Info; there it states Firmware Version and lists 8.0.1 r16855. Since it wants me to update to 8.0.1 r16862, I'm going to go ahead with it.

Thanks! I'll let you know if anything else goes on.

sure, let us know if it stops bugging you It seems like it wants you to update from ~855 to ~862.

funny, I went to settings-advanced-diagnostics-general info and it lists my firmware as 7.8.0. ??? who knows, maybe there is different gen hardware.

Jim

sure, let us know if it stops bugging you It seems like it wants you to update from ~855 to ~862.

funny, I went to settings-advanced-diagnostics-general info and it lists my firmware as 7.8.0. ??? who knows, maybe there is different gen hardware.

Jim
    This is Community Firmware he is talking about. There is a plugin which allows you to install it instead of version 7.8.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    This is Community Firmware he is talking about. There is a plugin which allows you to install it instead of version 7.8.

ahhhhh...makes sense. I barely use my controllers and took a "if it aint broke dont fix it" approach. Does it do anything for the controller I should consider? I also haven't used it for touches and radios.

Jim

ahhhhh...makes sense. I barely use my controllers and took a "if it aint broke dont fix it" approach. Does it do anything for the controller I should consider? I also haven't used it for touches and radios.

Jim
    No real benefit for the Controller. For me the Radio benefits most and I don't get bass drop outs any more. If you have never experienced them you have been very lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    .If you have never experienced them you have been very lucky.
    or severely frequency limited hearing... Thanks

Jim