Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rantech
    • May 2007

ReadyNAS 524

> I was running LMS 7.9.0 on a ReadyNAS 524 and was very happy with it.
    > However, had to factory restore and rebuild the NAS and LMS is no longer
    > available for install.

How does it fail? How are you trying to install? What package did you
    install in the past? The ReadyNAS specific package or the .deb file?
  • Rantech
    • May 2007

ReadyNAS 524

I was running LMS 7.9.0 on a ReadyNAS 524 and was very happy with it. However, had to factory restore and rebuild the NAS and LMS is no longer available for install.

Can anyone point me to a install file for 7.9.0 or newer that would run on the 524 and I could manually install on the 524? That was one of the newer units from them and I would like to be able to restore LMS on it.

Thanks,
    Rob

Comment

• Rantech
      • May 2007

In the past, when I first got the ReadyNAS, there was a download available directly from the web interface on the NAS as part of the library of available Apps. If I recall, it was a .bin that was specific to the device.

However, now having factory restored the NAS, I discovered that they no longer make LMS available in the ReadyNAS App library. I assume that they have decided not to support it anymore and dropped it - presumably because the newer versions are not compatible with the ReadyNAS units any longer.

I found a repository with a number of available files but I'm not sure what the latest compatible version is (whether 7.9.0 or something newer) and I'm not entirely sure if I should be trying to load the .deb package or not. My best assumption is the AMD64.deb file but I was hoping someone would be able to confirm before I go ahead and try.

Comment

• bernt
        • Aug 2005

On ReadyNAS 202 I used the arm-deb install. https://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly/?ver=8.3

But I gave up. It was to much trouble to maintain. SSL, SQL and other stuff that was not upp to date or compatible.

Get your self a Raspberry PI and install PiCorePlayer on it. It will save you a lot of time and headache. You can still have your music on the NAS.
        SB Touch optical to Hegel H90, Speakers Larsen 4.2
        Spare SB3
        AirPlay Bridge to Audio Pro A10
        Squeezelite-x connected to home LMS with ZeroTier One.
        SB Radio
        ReadyNAS 202
        iPeng

Comment

• Heuer
          • Nov 2005

Originally posted by bernt

Get your self a Raspberry PI and install PiCorePlayer on it. It will save you a lot of time and headache. You can still have your music on the NAS.
          Easier said than done! World wide shortage and rare as hen's teeth unless you are prepared to pay x3 price from scalpers on eBay.
          Lounge: Transporter>Audio Synthesis DAX Decade>Audio Research LS22>Krell FPB300>Wilson Benesch Act 1's + 2 x Velodyne SPL1000 sub's
          Kitchen: Touch>Topping DAC>Arcam Solo>Anthony Gallo Micro's+Sub, Joggler controller
          Office: DAC32>Acoustic Energy AE1 Active's, Joggler controller
          Garage: Boom>QAcoustics 7000s subwoofer
          Bedroom: Radio
          Shed: Radio
          Workshop: Boom
          Garden 1: SB3>JVC amp>Rock outdoor speakers
          Garden 2: SB3>JVC amp>Rock outdoor speakers

Comment

• bernt
            • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Heuer
            Easier said than done! World wide shortage and rare as hen's teeth unless you are prepared to pay x3 price from scalpers on eBay.
            Well, I found a small old not in use pc at work and installed Ubuntu on it. Works so much better than running LMS on my NAS.
            SB Touch optical to Hegel H90, Speakers Larsen 4.2
            Spare SB3
            AirPlay Bridge to Audio Pro A10
            Squeezelite-x connected to home LMS with ZeroTier One.
            SB Radio
            ReadyNAS 202
            iPeng

Comment

• mark wollschlager
              • Dec 2008

You don't need the ReadyNas control panel app now, in fact it crufts things up.
              If you get the link to the deb file you can use wget to download and install it from the ssh command line.
              There is a certificate problem with readynas which requires some command line stuff afterwards.
              This thread has some breadcrumbs ( I'm away from home for the week so I cant't show more recent info ) Ignore the first page, the lms_1.09_all.deb is not needed. The certificate info is on the 2nd page
              2 Duets controllers, 1 X Boom, 1 X Radio
              1 X SqueezeAmp + KEF LS50 Wireless II
              1 X Receiver + Arcam SA30, KEF R3 Meta
              1 X Receiver + Boston MicroSystem CD
              Raspberry Pi 3 B+ HiFi Berry Amp2 7" touchscreen PiCorePlayer 7.0
              Raspberry Pi 2 B, HiFiBerry Dac+ & Max2play
              SqueezeAmp Audioengine A5 ( passive mode ) with Infinity Sub
              Samsung A52 w/ Squeeze Ctrl
              Raspberry Pi 4b running UPnPBridge 3.3.5
              ReadyNAS 516 LMS 8.5.1 - 1713072758 Debian

Comment

• Rantech
                • May 2007

It was very strange ... I had tried a number of times to get the LMS app from the ReadyNAS app library but it was not there and then after downloading the debian file and getting ready to manually install, I thought I would check one last time and this time LMS was available for install from the regular app library.

I thought the manual install would be pressing my level of knowledge of Unix (not comfortable with the command line) so I just installed from the App library and everything seems to be working fine

Appreciate all the help - everything is back to the way it was before the drives failed ...

Comment

• edwin2006
                  • May 2017

Thnx for reporting back.
                  Still I agreed with advice earlier to get a pi (3b in fast enough) with a decent SD card and install picoreplayer on it with the lms part activated. Easy upgradable and working great with still the audio files on the nas.
                  SqueezeBoxes: 1x Transporter (Living room) 1x SB2 (shed), 1x Radio (Kitchen), 1x Boom (Dining room), 1x piCorePlayer (jacuzzi), 1x piCorePlayer (Garden) 1x OSMC + Squeezelite (Movie room), 1x Touch (Study 2), few spare unit's (SB2, SB3, Boom, Touch)
                  Server: LMS on Pi3B+ 8.1.2 on PcP 7.0.1
                  Network: Draytek, Netgear Smart Switch 24p, Ubiquiti PoE, 3x Ubiquity

Comment

Working...