Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 73
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    You could look at configuring the USB remote to control Squeezelite instead.
    I am a bit confused ahahaa, my apologies. What I want to achieve is to control LMS with the USB control.

    How can I configure the USB remote to control Squeezelite, if the keyboard is working neither? Maybe there is something to do first.

    How can I configure my remote with squeezelite, unfortunately the remote control in the examples are a different model than mine.

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    UK/London
    Posts
    5,822
    It is possible to catch the USB keyboard events and launch a script which then connects to LMS.

    However, it might be easier to make JiveLite think that it has already been configured.

    I have done this before ... but I'll have to find the notes again.
    Basically it requires stopping JiveLite (set in pCP to not automatically start on boot and then boot) then put a specially configured file in the right place ... and then reconfigure pCP to start JiveLite on boot and reboot.
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    It is possible to catch the USB keyboard events and launch a script which then connects to LMS.

    However, it might be easier to make JiveLite think that it has already been configured.

    I have done this before ... but I'll have to find the notes again.
    Basically it requires stopping JiveLite (set in pCP to not automatically start on boot and then boot) then put a specially configured file in the right place ... and then reconfigure pCP to start JiveLite on boot and reboot.
    I am not good with linux but I can follow a procedure, if it is not too complicate. It will be great if you can find the notes. I really would like to add a remote control to pCP.

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    UK/London
    Posts
    5,822
    Completely untested ...

    You will need SSH connection to your pCP system (for example - using PuTTY)

    Set AutoStart to No - pCP web interface/Tweaks/Automatic start of Jivelite when pCP boots
    Reboot

    Login via SSH to pCP
    Verify that Jivelite is not running

    Code:
    ps -ef | grep -i jivelite
    if you see
    /opt/jivelite/bin/jivelite
    then it is running - so go back through the steps above.

    Now that Jivelite is not running (do not use "kill" to stop it because it will be restarted by a script) you can try the next part

    Note - in the command below it is essential that you copy each one, one at a time, and execute them via your SSH session.
    Case is important (upper v lower) and the brackets are curly ... use copy/paste

    Code:
    echo settings = {setupDone=true,} > SetupWelcome.lua
    sudo chown root SetupWelcome.lua
    sudo mv SetupWelcome.lua .jivelite/userpath/settings/
    
    echo settings = {locale=\"EN\",} > SetupLanguage.lua
    sudo chown root SetupLanguage.lua
    sudo mv SetupLanguage.lua .jivelite/userpath/settings/
    ls -lrt .jivelite/userpath/settings/

    copy the output and save it to a text file


    Then set jivelite to start on boot and reboot
    Last edited by Paul Webster; 2022-03-17 at 02:16. Reason: Edited to include backslash to escape quote
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    Completely untested ...

    You will need SSH connection to your pCP system (for example - using PuTTY)

    Set AutoStart to No - pCP web interface/Tweaks/Automatic start of Jivelite when pCP boots
    Reboot

    Login via SSH to pCP
    Verify that Jivelite is not running

    Code:
    ps -ef | grep -i jivelite
    if you see
    /opt/jivelite/bin/jivelite
    then it is running - so go back through the steps above.

    Now that Jivelite is not running (do not use "kill" to stop it because it will be restarted by a script) you can try the next part

    Note - in the command below it is essential that you copy each one, one at a time, and execute them via your SSH session.
    Case is important (upper v lower) and the brackets are curly ... use copy/paste

    Code:
    echo settings = {setupDone=true,} > SetupWelcome.lua
    sudo chown root SetupWelcome.lua
    sudo mv SetupWelcome.lua .jivelite/userpath/settings/
    
    echo settings = {locale="EN",} > SetupLanguage.lua
    sudo chown root SetupLanguage.lua
    sudo mv SetupLanguage.lua .jivelite/userpath/settings/
    ls -lrt .jivelite/userpath/settings/

    copy the output and save it to a text file


    Then set jivelite to start on boot and reboot
    Thank you thank you so much for such great help.

    I have the errors below:

    1) mv: can't rename 'SetupWelcome.lua': No such file or directory
    2) mv: can't rename 'SetupLanguage.lua': No such file or directory
    3) ls: .jivelite/userpath/settings/: No such file or directory

    I have copied what I did below.

    tc@piCorePlayer:~$ ps -ef | grep -i jivelite
    9119 tc 0:00 grep -i jivelite
    tc@piCorePlayer:~$ echo settings = {setupDone=true,} > SetupWelcome.lua
    tc@piCorePlayer:~$ sudo chown root SetupWelcome.lua
    tc@piCorePlayer:~$ sudo mv SetupWelcome.lua .jivelite/userpath/settings/
    mv: can't rename 'SetupWelcome.lua': No such file or directory
    tc@piCorePlayer:~$ sudo chown root SetupWelcome.lua
    tc@piCorePlayer:~$ sudo mv SetupWelcome.lua .jivelite/userpath/settings/
    mv: can't rename 'SetupWelcome.lua': No such file or directory
    tc@piCorePlayer:~$ echo settings = {locale="EN",} > SetupLanguage.lua
    tc@piCorePlayer:~$ sudo chown root SetupLanguage.lua
    tc@piCorePlayer:~$ sudo mv SetupLanguage.lua .jivelite/userpath/settings/
    mv: can't rename 'SetupLanguage.lua': No such file or directory
    tc@piCorePlayer:~$ ls -lrt .jivelite/userpath/settings/
    ls: .jivelite/userpath/settings/: No such file or directory

    before the first step of your guide i had:

    tc@piCorePlayer:~$ ps -ef | grep -i jivelite
    8825 root 0:00 {jivelite.sh} /bin/sh /opt/jivelite/bin/jivelite.sh
    9845 tc 0:00 grep -i jivelite

    Any idea? Thanks again

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    UK/London
    Posts
    5,822
    Ah ... Iguess that the .jivelite/userpath/settings folder does not exist ... perhaps because JiveLite has not exited cleanly.

    Try
    mkdir .jivelite
    mkdir .jivelite/userpath
    mkdir .jivelite/userpath/settings

    Then repeat the mv commands
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

  7. #27
    Excellent, another step forward

    Below the result:

    tc@piCorePlayer:~$ ls -lrt .jivelite/userpath/settings/
    total 8
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root staff 29 Mar 16 23:25 SetupWelcome.lua
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root staff 24 Mar 16 23:26 SetupLanguage.lua

    I have turned on jivelite and rebooted pcp.

    I have pasted the output to a txt file.

    After the reboot I have tried the remote control but nothing is happening yet.

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    UK/London
    Posts
    5,822
    Tricky to diagnose without access to the display that JiveLite should be presenting.

    I saw that you list of the directory showed 8 items but you only put 2 of them here.
    Please post the full list (along with their date/time).
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Saint-SimÚon, France
    Posts
    111
    Now I'm confused.

    If you don't have a screen attached, then why have you installed Jivelite?

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    UK/London
    Posts
    5,822
    Quote Originally Posted by Yatsushiro View Post
    Now I'm confused.

    If you don't have a screen attached, then why have you installed Jivelite?
    So that it can be controlled (vol, Pause/resume) via USB remote ... and it, in turn, would control a player via LMS.
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •