Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Should work with a regular keyboard

https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...board-controls
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

If the remote and the keyboard are not working, is it possible I jumped one step ......

I have tried the keyboard and the remote with jivelite uninstalled and with jivelite installed. That is just what I have done so far.

I have had a look at the interesting links you have passed, but I do not know from where I have to start, also because the remote is not working at all in my case.

Do you think I should do something more than installing jivelite by pCP tweaks? Cheers

USB Port Not Working?

I use exactly the same remote, which was just plug and play on my installation.

The fact that your keyboard does not work either suggests a USB port issue. Which port on the RPi4 are you using? Have you tried other ports?
    Last edited by Yatsushiro; 2022-03-16 at 01:16. Reason: Spelling

Thank you for your help too and for confirming the same remote is working.

I am using an usb DAC, it is working in every usb port. I am using a rpi 4 2 gb ram. So USB seems working fine.

I do not know if it is important or not, but I am not using any external display, I am just using my browser to display picore on my laptop or phone.

I just would like to control the volume, stop/play, skip songs with my remote, without using my phone or laptop.

do you have a screen connected?
    PiCorePlayer 7.1 on Allo Digi One Signature (Lounge)
    PiCorePlayer 8.1 with hifiberry Dig+ Material running on PI for control (Office)
    PiCorePlayer 8.1 with pi official touchscreen and hifiberry DAC+(Kitchen)
    Radio (Bedroom)
    PiCorePlayer 8.1 with Allo BOSS DAC (Bedroom)
    PiCorePlayer 8.1 with hifiberry AMP+. Squeezelite=x for control (Garage)
    PiCorePlayer 8.1 with hifiberry AMP+(Patio 2)
    PiCorePlayer 8.1.1 with hifiberry AMP+(Patio 2)

LMS 8.1 on DIY unRaid 6 Server (i5)

Do you know for sure that Jivelite is running?
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Sorry for my delay.....I am close to be dad

I do not have any screen connected to rpi, I am using the browser.

I am not sure. What I have done so far is just to install Jivelite from Tweaks. I have done nothing else so far.

Do you want me to run some test? Until yesterday I was running pCP 7.0, now I have updated to 8.1.

when you install jivelite it needs you to select some settings first time you use it. until then jivaite won't respond to keyboard or remote commands.

connect a screen, do the initial setup then try it
    PiCorePlayer 7.1 on Allo Digi One Signature (Lounge)
    PiCorePlayer 8.1 with hifiberry Dig+ Material running on PI for control (Office)
    PiCorePlayer 8.1 with pi official touchscreen and hifiberry DAC+(Kitchen)
    Radio (Bedroom)
    PiCorePlayer 8.1 with Allo BOSS DAC (Bedroom)
    PiCorePlayer 8.1 with hifiberry AMP+. Squeezelite=x for control (Garage)
    PiCorePlayer 8.1 with hifiberry AMP+(Patio 2)
    PiCorePlayer 8.1.1 with hifiberry AMP+(Patio 2)

LMS 8.1 on DIY unRaid 6 Server (i5)

I do not have the screen, perhaps I should buy a converter micro HDMI to HDMI and connect to the screen/TV. Can it be a solution?

If you say that jivelite needs to be configurated using an external screen, this is an expense that I can do.

Do you have any further suggestions?

You could look at configuring the USB remote to control Squeezelite instead.
    Paul Webster