Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Question on airplay support. The description for squeezeamp shows support for airplay.

There is also a LMS plugin, shairtunes, which works great! Thanks!

The author of the plugin is the same person working on squeezeamp?

Is there a difference of capabilities between the LMS plugin and the squeezeamp airplay support?

Would the same device show up twice on the iphone since there is an LMS airplay for that device and the squeezeamp advertising airplay also?

Thanks for the great work!

Also, the squeezeamp description states support 10 band equalizer. What is the use case and how does a user interact with the Squeezeamp to set equalizer settings? LMS does not have equalizer settings, or does it?

Also, there are only audio outputs, there is no line in, correct? or is there?

The squeezebox radio has a line in, but I am not even sure how that works, how do you control of the audio on the squeezebox radio from LMS? How do you select audio in versus the digital?
    Last edited by bengaldave; 2022-10-06 at 19:21.

Quote Originally Posted by bengaldave View Post
    LMS does not have equalizer settings, or does it?
    Correct, LMS does not have an equalizer. Of course the BUT is... piCorePlayer does have the ability to use the provided 10 band alsa equalizer.
    Main system - Rock Solid with LMS 8.2.1 on WHS 2011 - 2 Duets ( both WiFi, farthest unit gets 60% signal strength and always works since new power supply) and Squeeseslave
    Cabin system - Rock solid with LMS 8.2.1 on Win10 Pro - 1 RPi 3 Model B (WiFi) /Hifiberry DAC+ Pro/PiCorePlayer and Squeezeslave
    Squeezebox Boom - "At Large" player around both home and cabin
    Headphones and car - Android phone/Bluetooth w/full library on MicroSD card - PowerAmp music player app (similar to Material Skin)

Also, the squeezeamp description states support 10 band equalizer. What is the use case and how does a user interact with the Squeezeamp to set equalizer settings? LMS does not have equalizer settings, or does it?
    There is a plugin for LMS - SqueezeESP32, it enables an ESP32 settings section in the player settings within LMS for any connected SqueezeESP32 based players and provides settings for attached displays and the 10 band equalizer.

Also, there are only audio outputs, there is no line in, correct? or is there?
    I don't believe there is a physical line in on SqueezeAMP.

The squeezebox radio has a line in, but I am not even sure how that works, how do you control of the audio on the squeezebox radio from LMS? How do you select audio in versus the digital?
    The SB Radio switches automatically to line in when a cable is plugged into the line in socket, this can can be overridden by selecting another music source to play from either in the radio menu or LMS.
    Whilst line in is active volume is only controlled from the player front panel controls not from LMS
    There is an Applet available to enable switching to line in on the Radio itself and I think a plugin for LMS that allows switching from LMS CLI, both written by community contributors on this forum, a search (Google*) for Squeezebox Radio Line In should find them

Kev

* - Other web search engines are available
    Last edited by KeBul; 2022-10-07 at 06:02.

Question on airplay support. The description for squeezeamp shows support for airplay.

There is also a LMS plugin, shairtunes, which works great! Thanks!

The author of the plugin is the same person working on squeezeamp?

Is there a difference of capabilities between the LMS plugin and the squeezeamp airplay support?

Would the same device show up twice on the iphone since there is an LMS airplay for that device and the squeezeamp advertising airplay also?

Thanks for the great work!
    Functionality wise, I think they are the same, Airplay1 and support synchronisation

I think both show up, I'm sure I've seen that previously... although just fired up one of my SqueezeAMPs and the SqueezeAMP one isn't showing, I don't use that feature so may have disabled it or it's not working in the somewhat older version I'm running on that SqueezeAMP.
    There is a setting in the LMS Shairtunes plugin "Allow all Squeezelite-based players" - needs to be ticked for SqueezeAMPs to be offered as an Airplay device.

Kev

@w3wilkes
    @KeBul

Thanks for the quick responses! Always something to learn!

How will the ir remote work?

Hello, how will the IR work? Will it come with ir control? If not, are there suggestions on what controller to purchase? Thanks in advance

Hello,

While we wait for the build to be completed, how are you planning to setup your new devices?

Directly to speakers? Optical out to a stereo?

I will start with directly to speakers
    Is this a general question?

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

@w3wilkes
    @KeBul

Thanks for the quick responses! Always something to learn!
    IR comes built in and works with a Logitech SB remote. To use other mode, you need a configuration of LMS to translate codes.

Re airplay, I did the shairtunesw plugin and airplay ridge and squeezeamp with it’s associated firmware but I have disabled (AFAIR) the possibility to turn an airplay/squeezeamp into a SB using the bridge but you can still turn an SB/squeezeamp mode into airplay using shairtunes2w

LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

Regarding the batch, it will be shipped in the coming few days