Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gorman View Post
    Problem is that my LMS does not respond from 127.0.0.1 but only from 192.168.10.101 and I have that in the config.ini, like this

lms=192.168.10.101
    Mixer does not use config.ini, only the analyser. Mixer is designed to be started/stopped by the plugin so has no config file. The mixer will bind to a random port at start-up, and will then inform the plugin (via JSONRPC) of this port number - which is why it needs the LMS address. If the plugin does not get the port from the mixer then it assumes the mixer did not start correctly.

EDIT
    Manually editing all 127.0.0.1 and localhost entries in Plugin.pm, changing them to 192.168.10.101 the error does not appear.
    I'll see about getting LMS's bind address from the config, or some other means, and use that when starting the mixer.

But the Bliss mix simply fails. I have scanned over 25,000 tracks. Either I don't understand how this works or something is wrong if it can't find a plausible mix from all that music.

Code:
    [22-03-13 23:59:45.4304] Plugins::BlissMixer::Plugin::_cliCommand (288) BlissMix Track Seed D:\Music\FLAC\Tears for Fears - 2022 - The Tipping Point\08 Master Plan.flac
    [22-03-13 23:59:45.4306] Plugins::BlissMixer::Plugin::_cliCommand (330) Num tracks for BlissMix: 1
    [22-03-13 23:59:45.4308] Plugins::BlissMixer::Plugin::_getMixData (969) Request {"genregroups":[],"norepalb":25,"tracks":["D:/Music/FLAC/Tears for Fears - 2022 - The Tipping Point/08 Master Plan.flac"],"count":20,"min":0,"max":0,"filtergenre":0,"norepart":15,"previous":[],"shuffle":1,"filterxmas":1}
    (I cut some of the songs in the playlist to stay within the 10,000 character limit. But it fails both in creating a mix from a single song and in creating a mix after a long playlist, through DSTM)
    (I also cut more out). The reason I think things are failing is because the plugin is sending the whole music path "D:/Music/FLAC/Tears..." - whereas I'd imagine in your DB you only have "FLAC/Tears..." The mixer then cannot find the seed tracks in its DB, so mix fails.

When sending the track list to the mixer, the plugin should strip your configured media folder path from the tracks path. e.g. if media folder was "D:\Music" then "FLAC/Tears..." would be sent (the plugin converts "" to "/" - so that you can, for example, analyse on Windows but run LMS on a Pi). What is you music folder set to in LMS?
    Material debug: 1. Launch via http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json (Use http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json,cometd to also see update messages, e.g. play queue) 2. Open browser's developer tools 3. Open console tab in developer tools 4. REQ/RESP messages sent to/from LMS will be logged here.

Quote Originally Posted by cpd73 View Post
    When sending the track list to the mixer, the plugin should strip your configured media folder path from the tracks path. e.g. if media folder was "D:\Music" then "FLAC/Tears..." would be sent (the plugin converts "" to "/" - so that you can, for example, analyse on Windows but run LMS on a Pi). What is you music folder set to in LMS?
    I think I know what’s happening. My music folder is set to one with shortcuts (I use Windows 10) to the actual folders where I have organised the music. This is from when LMS allowed for just one folder (and anyway your plugin uses just the first folder in the list, so in a way the situation is similar, I guess).

I could try reorganising but I don’t think Trackstats backups would work, as paths will have changed.

I think I know what’s happening. My music folder is set to one with shortcuts (I use Windows 10) to the actual folders where I have organised the music. This is from when LMS allowed for just one folder (and anyway your plugin uses just the first folder in the list, so in a way the situation is similar, I guess).

I could try reorganising but I don’t think Trackstats backups would work, as paths will have changed.
    Well, the LMS plugin will iterate all of LMS's 'mediadirs' setting, and strip paths - so it actuall yuses them all.

The released analyser only supports 1 music folder - but I have (literally just now) push a branch to support up to 5 music folders. Not sure if I really want that change, hence why it is in a branch for now (its also untested).
    Material debug: 1. Launch via http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json (Use http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json,cometd to also see update messages, e.g. play queue) 2. Open browser's developer tools 3. Open console tab in developer tools 4. REQ/RESP messages sent to/from LMS will be logged here.

I think I know what’s happening. My music folder is set to one with shortcuts (I use Windows 10) to the actual folders where I have organised the music. This is from when LMS allowed for just one folder
    ..ah, wait. Are you saying you have (e.g.):

- LMS music folder set to c:\User\name\Music
    - Within c:\User\name\Music you have windows shorcut files (e.g. 'FLAC Music.lnk' which links to 'D:\Music')
    - When you play a track from 'c:\User\name\Music\FLAC Music' LMS actually plays D:\Music\SomeTrack.flac - and it is this D: path that is used as the track's path

If this is the case, then I'm not sure there is much I can do to cater for that use-case. If you used multiple folders then I could support that, but you don't as LMS did not support that before. Sorry, but this is just way too Windows specific for me - I'm 100% Linux. I think newer Windows support Linux/Unix-like symbolic links, which I think would be better for this.

..ah, wait. Are you saying you have (e.g.):

- LMS music folder set to c:\User\name\Music
    - Within c:\User\name\Music you have windows shorcut files (e.g. 'FLAC Music.lnk' which links to 'D:\Music')
    - When you play a track from 'c:\User\name\Music\FLAC Music' LMS actually plays D:\Music\SomeTrack.flac - and it is this D: path that is used as the track's path

If this is the case, then I'm not sure there is much I can do to cater for that use-case. If you used multiple folders then I could support that, but you don't as LMS did not support that before. Sorry, but this is just way too Windows specific for me - I'm 100% Linux. I think newer Windows support Linux/Unix-like symbolic links, which I think would be better for this.
    Yes, that’s the situation I’m in. There certainly are solutions now (this setup was born under XP), big fan of symlinks personally. But I fear those might break library and/or (more serious) Trackstats backups in case a restore is needed if a total rescan becomes necessary after symlinking instead of using shortcuts.

Ok, turns out it was easier than I thought. Luckily Trackstat saved only the path in the actual folders, without the shortcut portion. So I rearranged stuff as needed, rescanned library from scratch, restored trackstat data and... Bliss mixer now appears to be working. Which leads me to believe it had the information in its db in the same format as Trackstat did.

No more shortcuts, just a single folder with several subfolders in it. All seems good. Thanks cpd73 for the assistance. Bear in mind there is still need for the bliss-mixer executable to get the addresses from config.ini (in my case, don't know how widespread my situation is... you could have a default at 127.0.0.1 that one can override in config.ini maybe?).

Edit: it's funny... looking at my fifteen years long history here, I keep on solving problems through sheer stubborness in refusing defeat. :-D

Edit 2: this is absolutely just cosmetic but maybe it's an easy "fix". In Windows task manager, the bliss-mixer executable comes up with a strange BLISS-~1.EXE name. It's the only process I have with such a malformed name. People might fear something is wrong, virus, etc. If it's an easy thing to fix.
    Last edited by gorman; 2022-03-14 at 10:50.

Bear in mind there is still need for the bliss-mixer executable to get the addresses from config.ini (in my case, don't know how widespread my situation is... you could have a default at 127.0.0.1 that one can override in config.ini maybe?).
    As stated before, mixer does not read config.ini that's only for the analyser. Anyhow, I've updated the code to call 'Slim::Utils::Network::serverAddr()' to get the LMS IP address. This will be the same IP as shown in Material's information dialog.

Edit 2: this is absolutely just cosmetic but maybe it's an easy "fix". In Windows task manager, the bliss-mixer executable comes up with a strange BLISS-~1.EXE name. It's the only process I have with such a malformed name. People might fear something is wrong, virus, etc. If it's an easy thing to fix.
    No idea, and not something that bothers me as I'm on Linux.

As stated before, mixer does not read config.ini that's only for the analyser. Anyhow, I've updated the code to call 'Slim::Utils::Network::serverAddr()' to get the LMS IP address. This will be the same IP as shown in Material's information dialog.
    Ok, perfect. That works, in my case at least (checked right now with Material skin).
    No idea, and not something that bothers me as I'm on Linux.
    No problem, it does not bother me. I just felt it was correct to point it out for you to know.

Hi @cpd73,

When analysing my tracks, I always get a "1 Failure(s)" message. i.e. if I add a new album with 10 tracks, it will find 11 and report 1 failure... so all new tracks seem fine, but there's obviously a track out there it's picking up that it does not like. (It also finds 1 track if I just re-run without adding any files.)

Is there any way to log output the file detail so that I may identify it and investigate further?

Ta

Quote Originally Posted by mruddo View Post
    Hi @cpd73,

When analysing my tracks, I always get a "1 Failure(s)" message. i.e. if I add a new album with 10 tracks, it will find 11 and report 1 failure... so all new tracks seem fine, but there's obviously a track out there it's picking up that it does not like. (It also finds 1 track if I just re-run without adding any files.)

Is there any way to log output the file detail so that I may identify it and investigate further?

Ta
    Unfortunately not - which, I agree, is bad. I'll add some logging to list of to (e.g.) 20 failed tracks. If you run with no new tracks, it should try to analyse the failed track again - and then this track path should be visible next to the progress bar.