Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast
    Craig,

Was just trying this and noticed that there is no authentication support for the upload. I would have a go, but I chose Go over rust on my last learn-something-new effort.

Any chance of adding basic Basic auth support in the .ini file?

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Galbavy View Post
    Was just trying this and noticed that there is no authentication support for the upload.
    I fail to see the point - its all local network only. The upload mode is only active whilst uploading, by default it does not have this enabled.

...or do you mean supporting LMS username/password auth? I guess this could be added fairly easily. This would be in the JSONRPC calls that are used to restart the mixer in upload mode, and then stop it after the upload. The uploading itself would be over plain HTTP.
    Material debug: 1. Launch via http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json (Use http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json,cometd to also see update messages, e.g. play queue) 2. Open browser's developer tools 3. Open console tab in developer tools 4. REQ/RESP messages sent to/from LMS will be logged here.

Quote Originally Posted by chrober View Post
    It took the Raspberry Pi (model 4B) more than 12 hours to analyse ~42000 songs from the NAS.
    I am not sure if my build of bliss-analyser somehow utilizes SIMD instructions (NEON), which very likely would speed up the calculations it is doing.
    I guess SIMD would mainly have an impact on ffmpeg and the version I have from piCorePlayer seems to utilize it:
    Code:
    ffmpeg  -version
    ffmpeg version 4.3.1 Copyright (c) 2000-2020 the FFmpeg developers
    built with gcc 10.1.0 (GCC)
    configuration: --prefix=/usr/local --disable-debug --enable-static --disable-dxva2 --disable-fontconfig --enable-gpl --disable-libass --disable-libbluray --disable-libfreetype --disable-libgsm --disable-libmodplug --disable-libmp3lame --disable-libopencore_amrnb --disable-libopencore_amrwb --disable-libopenjpeg --disable-libpulse --disable-libspeex --disable-libtheora --disable-libv4l2 --disable-libvpx --disable-libx264 --disable-libxvid --disable-libxcb --disable-libxcb-shm --disable-libxcb-xfixes --disable-libxcb-shape --disable-doc --enable-pic --enable-runtime-cpudetect --enable-shared --enable-swresample --disable-vdpau --enable-version3 --disable-iconv --disable-xlib --disable-zlib --disable-bzlib --disable-lzma --extra-cflags='-march=armv8-a+crc -mtune=cortex-a72 -s -O2' --extra-ldflags='-Wl,-rpath,/usr/local/lib -s'
    As far as I know -march=armv8-a implies SIMD.

Quote Originally Posted by cpd73 View Post
    ...or do you mean supporting LMS username/password auth? I guess this could be added fairly easily. This would be in the JSONRPC calls that are used to restart the mixer in upload mode, and then stop it after the upload. The uploading itself would be over plain HTTP.
    Yes, this. My LMS is password protected as per the Security menu, for local and remote access. Thanks if you can!

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Galbavy View Post
    Yes, this. My LMS is password protected as per the Security menu, for local and remote access. Thanks if you can!
    You can use "lms=user : pass@lms" (e.g. "lms=wibble:wobble@127.0.0.1") as the LMS address, and this then seems to allow the analyser to make the JSONRPC calls to restart the mixer in upload mode - as in I can see in my LMS log that the request was received, and mixer re-started.

However, when the mixer starts it also uses JSONRPC to inform the LMS plugin of which port it is running on - as it has no statically assigned port. Therefore, the mixer also needs to know LMS's username and password. But there is no way for the plugin to determine this, as LMS only stores the SH1 (base 64 encoded) of the password, so has noway of starting the mixer with the required credentials.

To support password protected LMS I need to change the mixer and plugin to not use JSONRPC.

[Edit] What I propose is that if LMS is password protected then the mixer will run on a (configurable) static port number. This should resolve the issue for you, and leave things working as is for others.
    Last edited by cpd73; 2022-04-28 at 06:26.
    Material debug: 1. Launch via http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json (Use http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json,cometd to also see update messages, e.g. play queue) 2. Open browser's developer tools 3. Open console tab in developer tools 4. REQ/RESP messages sent to/from LMS will be logged here.

Thanks for your efforts, am happy to wait until you have time for this.

Help - playlist submenu

I know Craig did not wan't to add anything to the menu in the playlist. I just discovered the possibility to add custom entries to the menu.
    I managed to get one of the two entries to show up in the menu, but not even that one works:

Code:
    {
      "queue-track":[
        {
          "title":"Open this Album in left pane",
          "lmsbrowse":{
            "params":["album_id:$ALBUMID"]
          },
          "svg":"playlist_play"
        }
      ],
      "queue-track":[
        {
          "title":"Open similar tracks by bliss in left pane",
          "lmsbrowse":{
            "command":["blissmixer", "mix"],
            "params":["track_id:$ITEMID", "menu:1"]
          },
          "icon":"playlist_play"
        }
      ]
    }
    I studied the wiki (https://github.com/CDrummond/lms-mat...-Customisation) but can't figure it out for the life of me.
    Is is even possible to open stuff in the left side of the interface with this custom entries?
    System: Debian, Logitech Media Server Version: 8, Community Docker Version
    Players: Squeezebox v3 @ ARCAM 550 + B&W 603, Squeezebox Radio x2, Squeezebox Boom

Quote Originally Posted by Blu3IcE View Post
    I studied the wiki (https://github.com/CDrummond/lms-mat...-Customisation) but can't figure it out for the life of me.
    Is is even possible to open stuff in the left side of the interface with this custom entries?
    Not currently - implemented for Material 2.9.6

Quote Originally Posted by cpd73 View Post
    Not currently - implemented for Material 2.9.6
    Thx ❤️. Looking forward to see this implemented!
    System: Debian, Logitech Media Server Version: 8, Community Docker Version
    Players: Squeezebox v3 @ ARCAM 550 + B&W 603, Squeezebox Radio x2, Squeezebox Boom

thanks, and a potentially dumb question

Coming late to the bliss party, spurred by looking for a DSTM mixer to replace "Spotify Recommendations" after recently terminating my Spotify Premium subscription. Installing, analysing, uploading and mixing with Bliss was a breeze, and after just a little bit of playing I'm liking the mixes. Thanks, Craig!

Now, the potentially dumb question: is bliss capable of reaching out to streaming services -- specifically, Tidal -- to add tracks to the mix? So far all tracks are coming from my library. Mixing with Tidal, etc. is something that some of the other mixers seem to do (unless I'm getting those tracks when the mixer falls back to something else). It's nice to have and would be great if the bliss mixer could have that capability as well.

Thanks again.
    Main system: SB3 > Emotiva XDA-1 > NAD C 325BEE > Vandersteen 1
    Living room: SB2 > Audioengine HD6
    Kitchen/dining: SB2 > AudioSource AMP 100 > 2-pairs of Polk Audio RC60i in-ceiling speakers
    Deck/patio: SB Receiver > AudioSource AMP 100 > Polk Atrium 45
    Study: SB Radio
    Quiet time: Hifiman Sundara headphones plugged into NAD amp or iPhone + Dragonfly Red DAC/amp
    LMS 8.2 running on a Raspberry Pi3 (piCore), controlled using iPeng, SB Controllers and Squeezepad