Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    and Linn has equivalent stations to Naim.

But not flac, I think.
    Brian

In UK: rPi4 running LMS, Chromecast Audio Dongle and Chromecast Video Dongle attached to TV - Beresford DAC - Quad 77 Integrated Amp - AVI Neutron 4 Speakers - Sennheiser HD25 Headphones. Boom in Bedroom.

In Nicosia: LMS running on a small form factor Windows PC, Beresford DAC into Quad 405-2 and MB Quart 980s

Juke Radio has a FLAC stream and hosted/curated by a member here.
    Lounge: Transporter>Audio Synthesis DAX Decade>Audio Research LS22>Krell FPB300>Wilson Benesch Act 1's + 2 x Velodyne SPL1000 sub's
    Kitchen: Touch>Topping DAC>Arcam Solo>Anthony Gallo Micro's+Sub, Joggler controller
    Office: DAC32>Acoustic Energy AE1 Active's, Joggler controller
    Garage: Boom>QAcoustics 7000s subwoofer
    Bedroom: Radio
    Shed: Radio
    Workshop: Boom
    Garden 1: SB3>JVC amp>Rock outdoor speakers
    Garden 2: SB3>JVC amp>Rock outdoor speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Heuer View Post
    Juke Radio has a FLAC stream and hosted/curated by a member here.
    +1 How could I have forgotten to mention Juke?! Also available in the Radio Now Playing plugin.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Labarum View Post
    Classical Stations

D-Dur http://amp.cesnet.cz:8000/cro3.flac

Naim http://mscp3.live-streams.nl:8250/class-flac.flac

I believe Naim Audio has flac streams for other genres too
    have you got this one Brian ?

http://rondo.iradio.fi:8000/klasupro.flac

It takes about 12 seconds to load on my SQRadio

ronnie

I think it redirects to https as it does not play on mysqueezeboxdotcom
    Last edited by Man in a van; 2022-02-25 at 06:20.

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    have you got this one Brian ?

http://rondo.iradio.fi:8000/klasupro.flac
    Yes. Seen it before. Not really explored it.

Just tried to load it as a favourite in LMS. No sound!
    Brian

In UK: rPi4 running LMS, Chromecast Audio Dongle and Chromecast Video Dongle attached to TV - Beresford DAC - Quad 77 Integrated Amp - AVI Neutron 4 Speakers - Sennheiser HD25 Headphones. Boom in Bedroom.

In Nicosia: LMS running on a small form factor Windows PC, Beresford DAC into Quad 405-2 and MB Quart 980s

Yes. Seen it before. Not really explored it.

Just tried to load it as a favourite in LMS. No sound!
    I just tried (US) and it plays. Takes a few seconds to start (like Ronnie mentioned)...I also played it in a browser on windows

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
    I just tried (US) and it plays. Takes a few seconds to start (like Ronnie mentioned)...I also played it in a browser on windows

Jim
    It does for me now after some messing. My British Telecom contract rolled over yesterday, and that seems to have upset a few things. I have just had to reboot PiCorePlayer and the Chromecast Audio.

For the Brits in this forum I haggled hard with BT - my block of flats now has a fibre installation from Toob to every door which yields 900Mb/s down and up for ú25. My FTTC Fibre 1 with BT gives 60Mb/s and 20 upload - plenty fast enough for me, but BT had to beat ú25 - I got it for ú22 and kept the phone number which I don't need. (Vonage offered with Toob at extra cost.) The BT phone is now "Digital Voice" which is what BT calls their new VOIP service. Transition was seamless - I just had to pull the telephone plug out of the wall and stuff it in the back of the Router. They seem to be doing this well, but are getting grief for turning off the steam powered telephone service. For years I have used VOIP with a Siemens Gigaset hybrid DECT/VOIP phones and Sipgate accounts.

Well that was off track! But yes http://rondo.iradio.fi:8000/klasupro.flac now works and sounds good. If I click the URL in Chrome on my Chromebook the station plays on the default ChromeOS audio player. LMS is more convenient, as always!

Some nice piano music on Rondo now. Thanks for the prompt, Van Man.
    Last edited by Labarum; 2022-02-25 at 09:12.
    Brian

It does for me now after some messing. My British Telecom contract rolled over yesterday, and that seems to have upset a few things. I have just had to reboot PiCorePlayer and the Chromecast Audio.

For the Brits in this forum I haggled hard with BT - my block of flats now has a fibre installation from Toob to every door which yields 900Mb/s down and up for ú25. My FTTC Fibre 1 with BT gives 60Mb/s and 20 upload - plenty fast enough for me, but BT had to beat ú25 - I got it for ú22 and kept the phone number which I don't need. (Vonage offered with Toob at extra cost.) The BT phone is now "Digital Voice" which is what BT calls their new VOIP service. Transition was seamless - I just had to pull the telephone plug out of the wall and stuff it in the back of the Router. They seem to be doing this well, but are getting grief for turning off the steam powered telephone service. For years I have used VOIP with a Siemens Gigaset hybrid DECT/VOIP phones and Sipgate accounts.

Well that was off track! But yes http://rondo.iradio.fi:8000/klasupro.flac now works and sounds good. If I click the URL in Chrome on my Chromebook the station plays on the default ChromeOS audio player. LMS is more convenient, as always!

Some nice piano music on Rondo now. Thanks for the prompt, Van Man.
    VOIP is great until your broadband goes down, you can't even phone up to complain about the broadband

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    VOIP is great until your broadband goes down, you can't even phone up to complain about the broadband

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    you guys don't have cell phones? .

How about using a cell phone in a location of no cell coverage to report that your power is down. Then you realize your phone was working because it was using wifi calling, which is down with the power. Of course, this is a new realization to you every time it occurs!

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    Isn't that what Mobile (Cell) phones and neighbours are for?

In the 13 years I have occupied this flat I have lost the steam phone line three times and the internet never! The problem was the BT wireman messing with the connections in the street cabinet. My Father-in-Law kept his internet in a neighbouring flat while losing his telephone, but for a different reason. Someone at the exchange had turned him off.
    Brian