Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • forsaken
    • Feb 2022

Multiple raspi4

I have3 raspi4 that have pcp + Jivelite installed on them however, only 1 of the players is showing on the LMS. I'm guessing that since I am using the same image for the 3 of them, LMS think that there's only 1 connected raspberry pi at any given time.

I noticed that the other 2 raspi during the booting process will give out an error "No network found!" even though I can still access the web GUI of both(different IP addresses)

Also noticed that whenever I remove remove/swift off 1 of the raspi and refresh the LMS page, it will only show the next raspi that is connected.

I'm kinda new to the setup and I was planning on setting up 3 raspi4 on my room, kitchen and living room with jivelite installed so I can control each player.
  • slartibartfast
    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by forsaken
    I have3 raspi4 that have pcp + Jivelite installed on them however, only 1 of the players is showing on the LMS. I'm guessing that since I am using the same image for the 3 of them, LMS think that there's only 1 connected raspberry pi at any given time.

I noticed that the other 2 raspi during the booting process will give out an error "No network found!" even though I can still access the web GUI of both(different IP addresses)

Also noticed that whenever I remove remove/swift off 1 of the raspi and refresh the LMS page, it will only show the next raspi that is connected.

I'm kinda new to the setup and I was planning on setting up 3 raspi4 on my room, kitchen and living room with jivelite installed so I can control each player.
    Do the players report different MAC addresses?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    Living Room: Touch or Squeezelite (Pi3B) > Topping E30 > Audiolab 8000A > Monitor Audio S5 + BK200-XLS DF
    Bedroom: Radio
    Bathroom: Radio

Comment

• forsaken
      • Feb 2022

Originally posted by slartibartfast
      Do the players report different MAC addresses?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
      Yes they have different MAC and ip address but same broadcast address and loopback address if that is the cause of the issue.

Comment

• markiii
        • Dec 2014

sounds like you copied the same SD card, are the Pi hostname and/or squeezelite names the same?
        PiCorePlayer 8.2 on Allo Digi One Signature (Lounge)
        PiCorePlayer 8.2 with Hifiberry Digi+ Material running on PI for control (Office)
        PiCorePlayer 8.2 with pi official touchscreen and Hifiberry DAC+(Kitchen)
        Radio (Bedroom)
        PiCorePlayer 8.2 with Allo BOSS DAC (Bedroom)
        PiCorePlayer 8.2 with Hifiberry AMP+. Squeezelite=x for control (Garage)
        PiCorePlayer 8.2 with Hifiberry AMP+(Patio 2)
        PiCorePlayer 8.2 with Hifiberry AMP+(Patio 2)

LMS 8.3 on unRaid 6.11.5 Server (Seneca HDS)

Comment

• Greg Erskine
          • Sep 2006

Sounds weird. AFAIK, its only the MAC address that is important.

I would only load jivelite if you have screens attached.

Do you have only 1 LMS server?

Comment

• forsaken
            • Feb 2022

Originally posted by markiii
            sounds like you copied the same SD card, are the Pi hostname and/or squeezelite names the same?
            I did flash it from the same image however, I change the hostname and squeezelite name. Only thing I haven't done is doing a sysprep command-like for linux I guess.

Originally posted by Greg Erskine
            Sounds weird. AFAIK, its only the MAC address that is important.

I would only load jivelite if you have screens attached.

Do you have only 1 LMS server?
            I only have 1 LMS server. I'll take some screenshots today and will post later when I get home
            Last edited by forsaken; 2022-02-13, 01:06.

Comment

• Paul Webster
              • Apr 2005

Note though that the MAC address as reported by LMS is whatever the player said it is via SlimProto and that value can be set in the player command line for Squeezelite.
              If set there then it overrides what the networking hardware reports.
              So do check to see what LMS shows as the "MAC address" not just what you know is the case with the hardware.
              Paul Webster
              Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
              and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Comment

Working...