Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    14

    Cannot connect mysqueezebox.com until reboot

    I have two Logitech UE Smart radios. One is running Squeezebox, the other UEBoomBox (or whatever it was, can't check right now).
    In the past week both have been failing to connect when I turn on the radio. One can't reach mysqueezebox.com, the other can't reach ueboombox.com (or whatever it is).
    The screen offers me a Try Again option, but it still won't work.
    After deep power off (hold power button for a few seconds) and restart, both radios will work.
    Turn off the radio (not hard off, just momentary push) and come back next day and both radios have the same problem!

    I don't use LMS.
    Any idea what's wrong? Can I login with SSH and view logs? Can I replace the software with something that doesn't rely on mysqueezebox.com?

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Senior Member Apesbrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    East Coast, USA
    Posts
    1,893
    First, I'd recommend you transition the UE Radio to Squeezebox:
    http://www.uesmartradio.com/public/migration

    Then, you may want to install this code which prompts the Squeezebox Radio WLAN to stay online:
    https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...fix-(wlanpoke)

    You didn't specify, but I'm assuming your Radios are wifi-connected. If not, the fix above won't help and, hopefully, someone else will offer a suggestion.

  3. #3
    Babelfish's Best Boy mherger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    20,728

    Cannot connect mysqueezebox.comuntil reboot

    > Turn off the radio (not hard off, just momentary push) and come back
    > next day and both radios have the same problem!


    Would your router shut down at night? Or get a new IP address? Would the
    Radio connect again if you restarted the router?

    > I don't use LMS.
    > Any idea what's wrong? Can I login with SSH and view logs? Can I replace
    > the software with something that doesn't rely on mysqueezebox.com?


    The software you're looking for is... LMS :-).

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    362
    Quote Originally Posted by Apesbrain View Post

    Then, you may want to install this code which prompts the Squeezebox Radio WLAN to stay online:
    https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...fix-(wlanpoke)

    You didn't specify, but I'm assuming your Radios are wifi-connected. If not, the fix above won't help and, hopefully, someone else will offer a suggestion.
    The Wifi6 standard causes the SB radio to drop its WiFI connection to your network. This can happen even if a someone nearby is using WiFi6 on the 2.4 band. One way to test if this is a problem is to connect via ethernet. (The SB does not automatically switch to ethernet, will need to be done manually). If the problem goes away, you might have the interference problem and wlanpoke can help.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > Turn off the radio (not hard off, just momentary push) and come back
    > next day and both radios have the same problem!


    Would your router shut down at night? Or get a new IP address? Would the
    Radio connect again if you restarted the router?

    > I don't use LMS.
    > Any idea what's wrong? Can I login with SSH and view logs? Can I replace
    > the software with something that doesn't rely on mysqueezebox.com?


    The software you're looking for is... LMS :-).
    Interesting that you ask that. My router does not shut down. I believe this problem started after I installed a new cable modem. Twice in the past week I've seen that the ISP has "forgotten" that my new modem has been "activated" (although internet service continues, one Comcast service fails until I re-activate). So, I should start keeping a daily record of the WAN IP address.

    And OK, I have two radios, I will try to install LMS on one.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Apesbrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    East Coast, USA
    Posts
    1,893
    Quote Originally Posted by dr_glenn View Post
    And OK, I have two radios, I will try to install LMS on one.
    LMS (server) installs on a computer on your local network. Your Squeezebox Radios (clients) then stream from it. LMS locally is an alternative to mysqueezebox.com. I don't think UE Radio can connect to LMS.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by P Nelson View Post
    The Wifi6 standard causes the SB radio to drop its WiFI connection to your network. This can happen even if a someone nearby is using WiFi6 on the 2.4 band. One way to test if this is a problem is to connect via ethernet. (The SB does not automatically switch to ethernet, will need to be done manually). If the problem goes away, you might have the interference problem and wlanpoke can help.
    Yep, one radio is now on Ethernet and it does not lose connection.
    I now see that the WiFi radio goes offline with an IP address of 169.254.126.212. Well, I know that 169. basically means it failed to talk to my DHCP server at 192.168.1.1.
    After reboot I have address 192.168.1.46.
    So I thought I would install wlanpoke, but even with remote login enabled, I can't SSH to the radio. I even tried SSH 1 instead of the default SSH 2. Cannot ping it either.
    In fact: Squeezebox radio takes a while to timeout when SSH is attempted. UESmartRadio immediately refuses connection (as it should, there's no option for SSH login in those menus).

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    362
    Quote Originally Posted by dr_glenn View Post
    Yep, one radio is now on Ethernet and it does not lose connection.
    I now see that the WiFi radio goes offline with an IP address of 169.254.126.212. Well, I know that 169. basically means it failed to talk to my DHCP server at 192.168.1.1.
    After reboot I have address 192.168.1.46.
    So I thought I would install wlanpoke, but even with remote login enabled, I can't SSH to the radio. I even tried SSH 1 instead of the default SSH 2. Cannot ping it either.
    In fact: Squeezebox radio takes a while to timeout when SSH is attempted. UESmartRadio immediately refuses connection (as it should, there's no option for SSH login in those menus).
    Others on this forum can give you some guidance on SSH.

    Alternative to installing wlanpoke is to use a WiFi to Ethernet bridge to bypass the internal WiFi in the radio. I use one made by tplink, tp-wr802. Others have used one made by vonets.

    If you recently installed a new router, see if you can turn off wifi6 on the 2.4 band.

    Good luck

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by P Nelson View Post
    Others on this forum can give you some guidance on SSH.

    Alternative to installing wlanpoke is to use a WiFi to Ethernet bridge to bypass the internal WiFi in the radio. I use one made by tplink, tp-wr802. Others have used one made by vonets.

    If you recently installed a new router, see if you can turn off wifi6 on the 2.4 band.

    Good luck
    I thought people were referring to IPv6 traffic over 2.4 GHz, but now I see that you're saying WiFi6. I don't have WiFi6 on my older Ubiquiti access points, but some have said it could even be due to a neighbor.
    But right now I'll concentrate on installing wlanpoke. New problem - squeezebox SSH times out, no clue as to why I can't connect. I've even looked into these more arcane suggestions from: https://joes-tech-blog.blogspot.com/...dio-touch.html

    BTW, I have a cousin Paul Nelson, but he lives in Virginia.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    362
    Quote Originally Posted by dr_glenn View Post
    I thought people were referring to IPv6 traffic over 2.4 GHz, but now I see that you're saying WiFi6. I don't have WiFi6 on my older Ubiquiti access points, but some have said it could even be due to a neighbor.
    But right now I'll concentrate on installing wlanpoke. New problem - squeezebox SSH times out, no clue as to why I can't connect. I've even looked into these more arcane suggestions from: https://joes-tech-blog.blogspot.com/...dio-touch.html

    BTW, I have a cousin Paul Nelson, but he lives in Virginia.
    In my case there is a neighbor (most likely) using wifi6 that causes problems with two of my three SB Radios. One radio must be just far way not to have the problem. I have wlanpoke on one of the radios which helps, but I still sometimes need to reboot it, so wlanpoke is not a universal cure.

    ...
    edited to add most likely as I do not know for certain a neighbor is using wifi6.
    Last edited by P Nelson; 2022-01-25 at 14:25. Reason: edited for clarity, words in ( )

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •