Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1

    Controller Wallpaper

    I find the controller very handy to have around for setting things up. But there is one thing that drives me crazy. I like the standard blue screen but the background gets darker as you go down the screen. As a consequence when I make a selection at the bottom of the menu I often click on the wrong item. This becomes more prevalent as the device ages and the screen becomes darker. The only wallpaper screen that does not seem to do this so badly is "Quartet" but I am not a fan of the red.

    Is there any plugins or updates that give a constant shade to the background wallpaper? This would be helpful for aging equipment.
    1x Squeezebox Classic3, 1x Squeezebox Duet, 3x Squeezebox Controller, 1x Squeezebox Boom, 6x Squeezebox Touch, 5x Squeezebox Radio, 1x Transporters, 2x DOA Transporters, Logitech Media Server Version: 8.2.0, Synology NAS DS920+ Docker

  2. #2
    Senior Member kidstypike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Brindle
    Posts
    5,184
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Sea View Post
    I find the controller very handy to have around for setting things up. But there is one thing that drives me crazy. I like the standard blue screen but the background gets darker as you go down the screen. As a consequence when I make a selection at the bottom of the menu I often click on the wrong item. This becomes more prevalent as the device ages and the screen becomes darker. The only wallpaper screen that does not seem to do this so badly is "Quartet" but I am not a fan of the red.

    Is there any plugins or updates that give a constant shade to the background wallpaper? This would be helpful for aging equipment.
    There's the "Customize Device" plugin, I've only used this on a Touch, but "controller" is mentioned.

    Select local or remote image files for using as the wallpaper on your controller. These images will be available as options for the wallpaper from the Settings->Screen->Wallpaper menu from your controller. Wallpaper files should be 240x320 (Controller), 320x240 (Squeezebox Radio) or 480x272 (Squeezebox Touch) pixel .jpeg, .jpg, .png or .bmp files

    Name:  customize.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  57.5 KB
    LMS server/study player - LMS 8.3.0 Pi4B 4GB/NanoSound ONE case/pCP 8.1.0 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on Sata SSD (ntfs)
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 8.1.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > Topping E30 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Echo Show 8
    Garage - Squeezebox Touch > Edifier

    Spares - 1xSB Touch, 1xSB3, 4xRPi, 1xDAC32, 1xCORE32

  3. #3
    Senior Member kidstypike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Brindle
    Posts
    5,184
    Or change the menu item highlight colour.

    https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...ghlight-colour

    I did this for a Squeezebox Radio.

    Name:  green.JPG
Views: 57
Size:  78.7 KB
    LMS server/study player - LMS 8.3.0 Pi4B 4GB/NanoSound ONE case/pCP 8.1.0 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on Sata SSD (ntfs)
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 8.1.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > Topping E30 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Echo Show 8
    Garage - Squeezebox Touch > Edifier

    Spares - 1xSB Touch, 1xSB3, 4xRPi, 1xDAC32, 1xCORE32

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    8,902
    Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    Or change the menu item highlight colour.

    https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...ghlight-colour

    I did this for a Squeezebox Radio.

    Name:  green.JPG
Views: 57
Size:  78.7 KB
    There used to be patches available to change the highlight colour but they don't appear to be available for the community firmware.

    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Senior Member kidstypike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Brindle
    Posts
    5,184
    Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    There used to be patches available to change the highlight colour but they don't appear to be available for the community firmware.

    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    I think the community firmware may have removed the green highlight, can't remember, Radio is in my garage, not used for months, will boot it up tomorrow.
    LMS server/study player - LMS 8.3.0 Pi4B 4GB/NanoSound ONE case/pCP 8.1.0 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on Sata SSD (ntfs)
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 8.1.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > Topping E30 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Echo Show 8
    Garage - Squeezebox Touch > Edifier

    Spares - 1xSB Touch, 1xSB3, 4xRPi, 1xDAC32, 1xCORE32

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    8,902
    Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    I think the community firmware may have removed the green highlight, can't remember, Radio is in my garage, not used for months, will boot it up tomorrow.
    The old instructions from the wiki still work anyway. Not quite as convenient but they work.

    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Senior Member kidstypike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Brindle
    Posts
    5,184
    Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    I think the community firmware may have removed the green highlight, can't remember, Radio is in my garage, not used for months, will boot it up tomorrow.
    Yes, removed, back to black/white.
    LMS server/study player - LMS 8.3.0 Pi4B 4GB/NanoSound ONE case/pCP 8.1.0 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on Sata SSD (ntfs)
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 8.1.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > Topping E30 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Echo Show 8
    Garage - Squeezebox Touch > Edifier

    Spares - 1xSB Touch, 1xSB3, 4xRPi, 1xDAC32, 1xCORE32

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •