Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Transporter won't play.

I just got a Transporter SE that was not working. It did not turn on at all. I put in a new PowerPax SW3376 power supply board and everything lights up great. I have gotten it linked to my squeezebox account and by both displays work fine. (Left and right,) but it won't play music. It shows up in my squeezebox account. I can go in and change all the settings. The RSS News Ticker scrolls fine. The time is accurate and shows the correct time zone. It will show Now Playing for whatever I select for mysqueezebox.com and for my local server. It does not play music for mysqueezebox, for my local server on my Synology NAS, and another local server set up on my Win10 PC for testing. As a stand alone DAC it does not play music if I feed it a digital signal in from my Touch. The three LEDs are constant red on the main board and the fourth LED blinks along with the remote button pressing. I have (+) reset it and (1) xilinx reset it several times and in several orders. I have reinstalled the firmware a couple of time too but probably version 87 all the time. I have looked every thread here that I could find. (I fear it is out of warranty so suggestions from the old threads to contact Logitech were not tried.)

Any other suggestions?
    1x Squeezebox Classic3, 1x Squeezebox Duet, 3x Squeezebox Controller, 1x Squeezebox Boom, 6x Squeezebox Touch, 5x Squeezebox Radio, 1x Transporters, 2x DOA Transporters, Logitech Media Server Version: 8.2.0, Synology NAS DS920+ Docker

To be clear, it doesn't show as if playing, with song/stream under now playing and you simply don't hear the audio. Instead it never shows the playing item in its display.

try xlinx reset:
    1. remove power to the transporter
    2. press the 1 (one) key on the remote
    3. while pressing the one key, power the transporter back on.

you can release the one key when you see the display start up again. it will be obvious.
    Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP8.x/4TB>LMS 8.2.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP8.x/4TB>LMS 8.2.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>foobar2000
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

It shows a title under "Now Playing" for the various music I selected from various sources. On my server the time elapses but on the Transporter the time stays at 0:00 whether it is an internet radio station or FLAC file. I did already follow your instructions (as I think you have posted on previous threads) for resetting the xilinx. Would setting up older versions server software to install old firmware help?
    1x Squeezebox Classic3, 1x Squeezebox Duet, 3x Squeezebox Controller, 1x Squeezebox Boom, 6x Squeezebox Touch, 5x Squeezebox Radio, 1x Transporters, 2x DOA Transporters, Logitech Media Server Version: 8.2.0, Synology NAS DS920+ Docker

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Sea View Post
    It shows a title under "Now Playing" for the various music I selected from various sources. On my server the time elapses but on the Transporter the time stays at 0:00 whether it is an internet radio station or FLAC file. I did already follow your instructions (as I think you have posted on previous threads) for resetting the xilinx. Would setting up older versions server software to install old firmware help?
    I'm very doubtful older firmware would help. 87 has been the firmware for almost forever and I've not seen any problems posted for this by any Transporter users.
    Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP8.x/4TB>LMS 8.2.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP8.x/4TB>LMS 8.2.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

Fiirmware updates vs. Server versions

Is there a list anywhere of the different firmware versions versus different server versions? My particular interest right now is the which server software is associated with changes to Transporter Firmware.

Is there a list anywhere of the different firmware versions versus different server versions? My particular interest right now is the which server software is associated with changes to Transporter Firmware.
    Not sure, but Transporter firmware hasn't changed in maybe 10 or 12 years. I can't recall which LMS/SbS version changed it. But likely 6.x or 5.x. Over that time there's been lots of LMS versions. See these links:

http://update.slimdevices.com/update/firmware/
    http://downloads.slimdevices.com/
    http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly/

Looks like LMS 7.6 is when firmware 87 came in for the transporter. So if you installed prior versions you'd get earlier firmware. when you click on the items in the link i provided for firmware, you see this sort of info.

Changes

Thank you, garym

By the way, is there a special way to get access to:
    svn.slimdevices.com/repos/slim/7.6/trunk/server/Changelog7.html

I found this link in my readings and I wanted to see what the changes were to the firmware.

Thank you, garym

By the way, is there a special way to get access to:
    svn.slimdevices.com/repos/slim/7.6/trunk/server/Changelog7.html

I found this link in my readings and I wanted to see what the changes were to the firmware.
    no clue. sorry.

edit: I just went there in a browser and saw lots of stuff:

http://svn.slimdevices.com/repos/sli...hangelog7.html
    Last edited by garym; 2022-01-25 at 15:59.

Browser issue

garym,

Right you are. It opened very nicely in Google Chrome. I usually use Firefox which gives a weird Username and Password dialog box. I only feel slightly dumb. It is the cost of not wanting Google in all my business.

Tom