Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Squeezebox Devices for sale, I'd like to see them go to community members

After many years of happily using Squeezebox, I have migrated my home to Sonos (sorry!).

I have lots of Squeezebox hardware that I'd like to see go to community members, ideally developers who might need more devices to test so they can continue supporting the community. [edit: I'm located in the US]

Here's what I have:
    • 1x Squeezebox Touch
    • 4x Squeezebox Duet (all have working remotes)
    • 7x Squeezebox Radio (5x black, 2x white, many of them have batteries in them)
    • A few remote controls scattered around but I never used them so I don't know which still work.

All of these devices work and most are in great condition. A few of the Radios have degraded rubber volume knobs which are kind of tacky and at least one of the radial encoder volume knobs misbehaves on a Radio and if you spin it too fast it goes backwards.

I wanted to post here to see if anyone has some thoughts on the best way to sell this stuff off at reasonable prices. I don't like selling things on eBay and I definitely want to avoid running 12 separate auctions.

Best,
    Tony
    Last edited by scelfo; 2022-01-21 at 16:52.

Where in the world are you?
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Quote Originally Posted by scelfo View Post
    After many years of happily using Squeezebox, I have migrated my home to Sonos (sorry!).

I have lots of Squeezebox hardware that I'd like to see go to community members, ideally developers who might need more devices to test so they can continue supporting the community.

Here's what I have:
    • 1x Squeezebox Touch
    • 4x Squeezebox Duet (all have working remotes)
    • 7x Squeezebox Radio (5x black, 2x white, many of them have batteries in them)
    • A few remote controls scattered around but I never used them so I don't know which still work.

All of these devices work and most are in great condition. A few of the Radios have degraded rubber volume knobs which are kind of tacky and at least one of the radial encoder volume knobs misbehaves on a Radio and if you spin it too fast it goes backwards.

I wanted to post here to see if anyone has some thoughts on the best way to sell this stuff off at reasonable prices. I don't like selling things on eBay and I definitely want to avoid running 12 separate auctions.

Best,
    Tony
    If you are in the US, I'm potentially interested in one Radio, but understand if you are looking for someone to take them all.

I will message you.

TomS
    SB3(1), Boom(2), Radio(3), piCorePlayer (1)

Quote Originally Posted by scelfo View Post
    I have lots of Squeezebox hardware that I'd like to see go to community members
    If you are in the UK I'd be interested in the Touch (assuming the screen was still bright).
    Take care of your tongue. It is in a wet place and can easily slip.

Lounge: Naim NDX with Touch as controller, Naim NAP 180, NAC 82, NAPSC, HiCap, Shahinian Arc speakers
    Kitchen/outside: Chromecast audio, Azatom iBigBoy 2 (500W)
    And... SB+, radios & tons of Chromecasts... all run from LMS and controlled via Material Skin on any nearby device and a couple of Touchs.

And if you should be in the USA, I would be interested in the Touch.
    Usually running latest beta LMS nightly on Raspberry Pi OS with virtual players (Squeezelite and Airplay bridge). Occasionally using SB Radio, Boom or Classic.

I'm in the US, I just added a edit note to the original post.

Hey Paul, I have some spare Touch and SBs in the loft. I can see what's what if you like. Most of the remotes are still in use because I keep building picoreplayers. Let me know.
    If anyone else in the UK is looking for players, let me know

Quote Originally Posted by gvh View Post
    If anyone else in the UK is looking for players, let me know
    I'd be interested in a touch if the screen is bright. I don't need a remote but a psu would be handy. Let me know if you unearth one and would like to sell it. Thanks.
    Take care of your tongue. It is in a wet place and can easily slip.

Lounge: Naim NDX with Touch as controller, Naim NAP 180, NAC 82, NAPSC, HiCap, Shahinian Arc speakers
    Kitchen/outside: Chromecast audio, Azatom iBigBoy 2 (500W)
    And... SB+, radios & tons of Chromecasts... all run from LMS and controlled via Material Skin on any nearby device and a couple of Touchs.

sent you a pm yesterday....

Give me a few days or so to have a rummage around. I had one fall off the WiFi but I'm wondering if it's the psu.