Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 52
  1. #21
    Senior Member kidstypike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Brindle
    Posts
    5,183
    Quote Originally Posted by Labarum View Post
    Of course. That is on the to-do list. But first I have to work out how to do it!

    I suppose I Samba in and copy the files to another location.

    And I need to work out how to snatch the LMS/Material config files to a safe place so I can build an identical system elsewhere if needed.

    This is for me a steep learning curve.
    If your LMS cache folder is now on the SD card, you can create an exact image of your partitions and file systems, so you would only need to burn this image to a fresh SD card and you're back up and running, no LMS/pCP configuration needed.

    You should get a choice of where to save the image to, mine below.

    On pCP main page, under "Additional functions" click the "Create SD card image".

    Name:  image01.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  96.4 KB
    Last edited by kidstypike; 2022-01-21 at 01:37.
    LMS server/study player - LMS 8.3.0 Pi4B 4GB/NanoSound ONE case/pCP 8.1.0 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on Sata SSD (ntfs)
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 8.1.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > Topping E30 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Echo Show 8
    Garage - Squeezebox Touch > Edifier

    Spares - 1xSB Touch, 1xSB3, 4xRPi, 1xDAC32, 1xCORE32

  2. #22
    Senior Member Labarum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Southampton, UK & Nicosia, Cyprus
    Posts
    820
    Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    If your LMS cache folder is now on the SD card, you can create an exact image of your partitions and file systems
    Good morning. It's a beautiful sunny morning here in Southampton but a bitterly cold -3.4C.

    Thanks for the pointer. I will look. I must sort a backup.

    In the longer term I have a number of options. I currently have a 1TB USB hard drive hanging off the rPi and that drive used to hang off the telly for recording and time slipping. I could leave it on the rPi or put it back on the TV and find other storage for the FLAC library. It depends how big it is when I rip more CDs. I could get a 256GB SD card and neatly keep all inside the tiny rPi case; or, when I de-commission the old PC, there is a relatively new 256GB SSD card to be recovered -but a USB housing for it may cost as much as a 256GB SD card!

    Lots to think about. My eyes glaze, however, when I see lines that start /mnt and end .gz

    Windows I have used for years and grumbled about the whole time, ChromeOS I use all the time, but Linux is a new world.

    Time for some sunshine . . .
    Brian

    In UK: rPi4 running LMS, Chromecast Audio Dongle and Chromecast Video Dongle attached to TV - Beresford DAC - Quad 77 Integrated Amp - AVI Neutron 4 Speakers - Sennheiser HD25 Headphones. Boom in Bedroom.

    In Nicosia: LMS running on a small form factor Windows PC, Beresford DAC into Quad 405-2 and MB Quart 980s

  3. #23
    Senior Member kidstypike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Brindle
    Posts
    5,183
    Quote Originally Posted by Labarum View Post
    Good morning. It's a beautiful sunny morning here in Southampton but a bitterly cold -3.4C.

    Thanks for the pointer. I will look. I must sort a backup.

    In the longer term I have a number of options. I currently have a 1TB USB hard drive hanging off the rPi and that drive used to hang off the telly for recording and time slipping. I could leave it on the rPi or put it back on the TV and find other storage for the FLAC library. It depends how big it is when I rip more CDs. I could get a 256GB SD card and neatly keep all inside the tiny rPi case; or, when I de-commission the old PC, there is a relatively new 256GB SSD card to be recovered -but a USB housing for it may cost as much as a 256GB SD card!

    Lots to think about. My eyes glaze, however, when I see lines that start /mnt and end .gz

    Windows I have used for years and grumbled about the whole time, ChromeOS I use all the time, but Linux is a new world.

    Time for some sunshine . . .
    But you don't need to know any Linux (I don't, I don't even know how to pronounce the word), it's just clicking a few buttons in a web browser on a platform you are familiar with.

    You will get all the help you need from a wider and knowledgeable audience if you you post pCP problems on a thread such as this one.

    https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...rePlayer-8-0-0
    LMS server/study player - LMS 8.3.0 Pi4B 4GB/NanoSound ONE case/pCP 8.1.0 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on Sata SSD (ntfs)
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 8.1.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > Topping E30 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Echo Show 8
    Garage - Squeezebox Touch > Edifier

    Spares - 1xSB Touch, 1xSB3, 4xRPi, 1xDAC32, 1xCORE32

  4. #24
    Senior Member Labarum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Southampton, UK & Nicosia, Cyprus
    Posts
    820
    Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    it's just clicking a few buttons in a web browser]
    Thanks. I now have an images folder on my attached USB drive and I see the .gz file in it.

    Must now backup the FLAC folder to various locations to protect the tidying up work I did yesterday.

    Quite a project, but interesting and the results are worth the work.

    Ripping the rest of my CDs will be quite a job! I think I only have about a third in the FLAC folder!

    Now EAC or Foobar on my old PC? I have used EAC a very long time ago, but Foobar is installed and ready.
    Brian

    In UK: rPi4 running LMS, Chromecast Audio Dongle and Chromecast Video Dongle attached to TV - Beresford DAC - Quad 77 Integrated Amp - AVI Neutron 4 Speakers - Sennheiser HD25 Headphones. Boom in Bedroom.

    In Nicosia: LMS running on a small form factor Windows PC, Beresford DAC into Quad 405-2 and MB Quart 980s

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Cheshire, UK
    Posts
    6,503
    Quote Originally Posted by Labarum View Post
    Thanks. I now have an images folder on my attached USB drive and I see the .gz file in it.

    Must now backup the FLAC folder to various locations to protect the tidying up work I did yesterday.

    Quite a project, but interesting and the results are worth the work.

    Ripping the rest of my CDs will be quite a job! I think I only have about a third in the FLAC folder!

    Now EAC or Foobar on my old PC? I have used EAC a very long time ago, but Foobar is installed and ready.
    The best ripper for Windows is probably dbPoweramp but to get the most from it you need the paid for Reference version - gives you 4 online tag sources and better cover art. https://www.dbpoweramp.com/
    Jim
    https://jukeradio.double6.net


    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
    Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
    Dining Room SB Radio
    Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
    Guest Room Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes

  6. #26
    Senior Member Labarum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Southampton, UK & Nicosia, Cyprus
    Posts
    820
    Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    The best ripper for Windows is probably dbPoweramp but to get the most from it you need the paid for Reference version - gives you 4 online tag sources and better cover art. https://www.dbpoweramp.com/
    Yes, I know, but it's £65!

    Although if I could do the job in 21 days I could use it for nowt. (That's a good Yorkshire word.)

    I might manage that. I'm 72 and I don't suppose I shall buy any more CDs in my life.
    Brian

    In UK: rPi4 running LMS, Chromecast Audio Dongle and Chromecast Video Dongle attached to TV - Beresford DAC - Quad 77 Integrated Amp - AVI Neutron 4 Speakers - Sennheiser HD25 Headphones. Boom in Bedroom.

    In Nicosia: LMS running on a small form factor Windows PC, Beresford DAC into Quad 405-2 and MB Quart 980s

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Cheshire, UK
    Posts
    6,503
    Quote Originally Posted by Labarum View Post
    Yes, I know, but it's £65!

    Although if I could do the job in 21 days I could use it for nowt. (That's a good Yorkshire word.)

    I might manage that. I'm 72 and I don't suppose I shall buy any more CDs in my life.
    It's only £29 for a single PC
    Jim
    https://jukeradio.double6.net


    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
    Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
    Dining Room SB Radio
    Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
    Guest Room Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    8,898
    Quote Originally Posted by Labarum View Post
    Yes, I know, but it's £65!

    Although if I could do the job in 21 days I could use it for nowt. (That's a good Yorkshire word.)

    I might manage that. I'm 72 and I don't suppose I shall buy any more CDs in my life.
    A good free alternative is Exact Audio Copy
    https://www.exactaudiocopy.de

    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

  9. #29
    Senior Member Labarum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Southampton, UK & Nicosia, Cyprus
    Posts
    820
    £29 looks better!

    And I have used EAC

    I have 193 CD in my DJs folder (just counted them) and 92 Albums in my FLAC library.

    Job is half done. I thought I was only one third done, but it's still ~100 rips!

    Go on, tell me, some of you have 1000 rips!
    Brian

    In UK: rPi4 running LMS, Chromecast Audio Dongle and Chromecast Video Dongle attached to TV - Beresford DAC - Quad 77 Integrated Amp - AVI Neutron 4 Speakers - Sennheiser HD25 Headphones. Boom in Bedroom.

    In Nicosia: LMS running on a small form factor Windows PC, Beresford DAC into Quad 405-2 and MB Quart 980s

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Cheshire, UK
    Posts
    6,503
    Quote Originally Posted by Labarum View Post
    £29 looks better!

    And I have used EAC

    I have 193 CD in my DJs folder (just counted them) and 92 Albums in my FLAC library.

    Job is half done. I thought I was only one third done, but it's still ~100 rips!

    Go on, tell me, some of you have 1000 rips!
    Lots of us have many more than 1000!
    Jim
    https://jukeradio.double6.net


    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
    Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
    Dining Room SB Radio
    Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
    Guest Room Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •