Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

No Album No Artist

I 've been trying to tidy up my SqeezeLibrary after nearly 20 years of filling it with junk!

There was an item displaying as "No Album" which was full of corruptions. I have finally cleansed it apart from an OGG silence that is not in may FLAC folder but in a cache associated with the Material Skin (which I love).

What do I do with this?

/mnt/musiclibrary/slimserver/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/MaterialSkin/HTML/material/html/audio/silence.ogg

Name:  Screenshot 2022-01-20 19.21.15.png
Views: 101
Size:  185.1 KB

Do I delete it? How? Presumababy with Samba. Or is it an essential part of the skin? I seem to remember reading somewhere a silence is inserted.
    Brian

In UK: rPi4 running LMS, Chromecast Audio Dongle and Chromecast Video Dongle attached to TV - Beresford DAC - Quad 77 Integrated Amp - AVI Neutron 4 Speakers - Sennheiser HD25 Headphones. Boom in Bedroom.

In Nicosia: LMS running on a small form factor Windows PC, Beresford DAC into Quad 405-2 and MB Quart 980s

No Album No Artist

> What do I do with this?

Don't scan your cache folder! Why would you do so?

I have the same file, same modified date. I don't have a "No Album" entry though.

I'd leave it, or ask Craig in the Material thread.

Name:  silence.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  15.2 KB
    LMS server/study player - LMS 8.3.0 Pi4B 4GB/NanoSound ONE case/pCP 8.1.0 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on Sata SSD (ntfs)
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 8.1.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > Topping E30 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Echo Show 8
    Garage - Squeezebox Touch > Edifier

Spares - 1xSB Touch, 1xSB3, 4xRPi, 1xDAC32, 1xCORE32

Quote Originally Posted by Labarum View Post
    /mnt/musiclibrary/slimserver/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/MaterialSkin/HTML/material/html/audio/silence.ogg
    That is a 10 seconds of silence file. Its used to allow usage of media controls. For these to be active the web page (i.e. Material) needs to be playing a file, so Material plays this in a loop. (But only if you elect to use media controls)

But, why are you even indexing this folder as part of your music collection?
    Material debug: 1. Launch via http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json (Use http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json,cometd to also see update messages, e.g. play queue) 2. Open browser's developer tools 3. Open console tab in developer tools 4. REQ/RESP messages sent to/from LMS will be logged here.

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    Don't scan your cache folder! Why would you do so?
    Quote Originally Posted by cpd73 View Post
    But, why are you even indexing this folder as part of your music collection?
    How do you have your Media Folders set up in LMS Settings?
    Usually running latest beta LMS nightly on Raspberry Pi OS with virtual players (Squeezelite and Airplay bridge). Occasionally using SB Radio, Boom or Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbH View Post
    How do you have your Media Folders set up in LMS Settings?
    Well for one, LMS is not located within my music folder - which is the issue here, I think.

My LMS is in /usr/local/lms, and music is in /media/disk/Music - two completely separate folders.
    Material debug: 1. Launch via http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json (Use http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json,cometd to also see update messages, e.g. play queue) 2. Open browser's developer tools 3. Open console tab in developer tools 4. REQ/RESP messages sent to/from LMS will be logged here.

No Album No Artist

>> /mnt/musiclibrary/slimserver/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/MaterialSkin/HTML/material/html/audio/silence.ogg
    >
    > That is a 10 seconds of silence file. Its used to allow usage of media
    > controls.

Oh, I see. How do you start it? LMS would add any file to its libray
    unless called using the tmp:// protocol handler.

BTW: LMS comes with a silence.mp3, too
    (http://musicpi.local:9000/html/silence.mp3).

Name:  Screenshot 2022-01-20 20.00.37.png
Views: 67
Size:  24.4 KB

I didn't think I was scanning anything other than my Music Library. The second ticked checkbox as seen above was how LMS/Material initially presented to me. I unchecked the lower box, cleared and scanned from scratch. The OGG file is still there.

Name:  Screenshot 2022-01-20 20.28.03.png
Views: 67
Size:  23.4 KB

But I see there is a child of the music library folder called slimserver - is that the issue?

Name:  Screenshot 2022-01-20 20.16.44.png
Views: 68
Size:  72.0 KB

And I noted a few days ago there is a cache on both the USB drive and on the card. And I noticed there was a move LMS Data button which, being a newbie I have not yet dare to play with.

I guess you are telling me all the LMS data should be on the card. I inherited a part set-up system and just took what was there.

So?

But otherwise everything is working splendidly.
    Brian

In UK: rPi4 running LMS, Chromecast Audio Dongle and Chromecast Video Dongle attached to TV - Beresford DAC - Quad 77 Integrated Amp - AVI Neutron 4 Speakers - Sennheiser HD25 Headphones. Boom in Bedroom.

In Nicosia: LMS running on a small form factor Windows PC, Beresford DAC into Quad 405-2 and MB Quart 980s

Name:  Screenshot 2022-01-20 20.44.22.png
Views: 66
Size:  75.7 KB

But here is what I see on my Chromebook via Samba.

I called the USB drive MusicLibrary but the FLAC collection in SqueezeLibrary/FLAC

So it seems I may be casting my library scan too wide.
    Brian

Brian

I installed LMS for you on a vanilla pCP image, with no USB discs attached, so you must've told pCP to use the USB disc for the LMS cache.

You can keep the cache on the USB disc, (that's where mine is) but you should narrow the scanned music folder down to just "FLAC".
    LMS server/study player - LMS 8.3.0 Pi4B 4GB/NanoSound ONE case/pCP 8.1.0 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on Sata SSD (ntfs)
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 8.1.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > Topping E30 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Echo Show 8
    Garage - Squeezebox Touch > Edifier

Spares - 1xSB Touch, 1xSB3, 4xRPi, 1xDAC32, 1xCORE32