X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Labarum
    • Sep 2008

No Album No Artist

> 'html/audio/silence.ogg'

Ok, I believe the OP's issue was down to his music folder configuration.
    If that was a general problem with Material, we'd have had tons of
    reports before.
    Brian

In UK: rPi4 running LMS, Chromecast Audio Dongle and Chromecast Video Dongle attached to TV - Beresford DAC - Quad 77 Integrated Amp - AVI Neutron 4 Speakers - Sennheiser HD25 Headphones. Boom in Bedroom.

In Nicosia: LMS running on a small form factor Windows PC, Beresford DAC into Quad 405-2 and MB Quart 980s
  • Labarum
    • Sep 2008

No Album No Artist

I 've been trying to tidy up my SqeezeLibrary after nearly 20 years of filling it with junk!

There was an item displaying as "No Album" which was full of corruptions. I have finally cleansed it apart from an OGG silence that is not in may FLAC folder but in a cache associated with the Material Skin (which I love).

What do I do with this?

/mnt/musiclibrary/slimserver/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/MaterialSkin/HTML/material/html/audio/silence.ogg

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-01-20 19.21.15.png
Views:	1
Size:	185.1 KB
ID:	1574277

Do I delete it? How? Presumababy with Samba. Or is it an essential part of the skin? I seem to remember reading somewhere a silence is inserted.
    Brian

In UK: rPi4 running LMS, Chromecast Audio Dongle and Chromecast Video Dongle attached to TV - Beresford DAC - Quad 77 Integrated Amp - AVI Neutron 4 Speakers - Sennheiser HD25 Headphones. Boom in Bedroom.

In Nicosia: LMS running on a small form factor Windows PC, Beresford DAC into Quad 405-2 and MB Quart 980s

Comment

• mherger
      Babelfish's Best Boy
      • Apr 2005

No Album No Artist

> What do I do with this?

Don't scan your cache folder! Why would you do so?
      Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
      (LMS: Settings/Information)

Comment

• kidstypike
        • Feb 2007

I have the same file, same modified date. I don't have a "No Album" entry though.

I'd leave it, or ask Craig in the Material thread.

Name:	silence.jpg
Size:	15.2 KB
ID:	1574278
        Pi5 .. pCP 9beta5 .. LMS 8.4 -- nomysqueezebox
        Study - Pi2B .. S.M.S.L SU-1 .. Q Acoustics M20
        Snug/TV .. DAC32 .. Audio Engine B2
        Spares - 1xSBTouch, 1xSB3, 4xRPi, AVI DM5 speakers

Comment

• cpd73
          • Mar 2017

Originally posted by Labarum
          /mnt/musiclibrary/slimserver/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/MaterialSkin/HTML/material/html/audio/silence.ogg
          That is a 10 seconds of silence file. Its used to allow usage of media controls. For these to be active the web page (i.e. Material) needs to be playing a file, so Material plays this in a loop. (But only if you elect to use media controls)

But, why are you even indexing this folder as part of your music collection?
          Material debug: 1. Launch via http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json (Use http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json,cometd to also see update messages, e.g. play queue) 2. Open browser's developer tools 3. Open console tab in developer tools 4. REQ/RESP messages sent to/from LMS will be logged here.

Comment

• RobbH
            • Jun 2017

Originally posted by mherger
            Don't scan your cache folder! Why would you do so?
            Originally posted by cpd73
            But, why are you even indexing this folder as part of your music collection?
            How do you have your Media Folders set up in LMS Settings?
            Usually running latest beta LMS nightly on Raspberry Pi OS with virtual players. Occasionally using SB Radio, Boom or Classic.

Comment

• cpd73
              • Mar 2017

Originally posted by RobbH
              How do you have your Media Folders set up in LMS Settings?
              Well for one, LMS is not located within my music folder - which is the issue here, I think.

My LMS is in /usr/local/lms, and music is in /media/disk/Music - two completely separate folders.
              Material debug: 1. Launch via http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json (Use http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json,cometd to also see update messages, e.g. play queue) 2. Open browser's developer tools 3. Open console tab in developer tools 4. REQ/RESP messages sent to/from LMS will be logged here.

Comment

• mherger
                Babelfish's Best Boy
                • Apr 2005

No Album No Artist

>> /mnt/musiclibrary/slimserver/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/MaterialSkin/HTML/material/html/audio/silence.ogg
                >
                > That is a 10 seconds of silence file. Its used to allow usage of media
                > controls.

Oh, I see. How do you start it? LMS would add any file to its libray
                unless called using the tmp:// protocol handler.

BTW: LMS comes with a silence.mp3, too
                (http://musicpi.local:9000/html/silence.mp3).
                Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"

Comment

• Labarum
                  • Sep 2008

Name:	Screenshot 2022-01-20 20.00.37.png
Size:	24.4 KB
ID:	1574279

I didn't think I was scanning anything other than my Music Library. The second ticked checkbox as seen above was how LMS/Material initially presented to me. I unchecked the lower box, cleared and scanned from scratch. The OGG file is still there.

Name:	Screenshot 2022-01-20 20.28.03.png
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	1574281

But I see there is a child of the music library folder called slimserver - is that the issue?

Name:	Screenshot 2022-01-20 20.16.44.png
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	1574280

And I noted a few days ago there is a cache on both the USB drive and on the card. And I noticed there was a move LMS Data button which, being a newbie I have not yet dare to play with.

I guess you are telling me all the LMS data should be on the card. I inherited a part set-up system and just took what was there.

So?

But otherwise everything is working splendidly.
                  Brian

Comment

• Labarum
                    • Sep 2008

Name:	Screenshot 2022-01-20 20.44.22.png
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	1574282

But here is what I see on my Chromebook via Samba.

I called the USB drive MusicLibrary but the FLAC collection in SqueezeLibrary/FLAC

So it seems I may be casting my library scan too wide.
                    Brian

Comment

• kidstypike
                      • Feb 2007

Brian

I installed LMS for you on a vanilla pCP image, with no USB discs attached, so you must've told pCP to use the USB disc for the LMS cache.

You can keep the cache on the USB disc, (that's where mine is) but you should narrow the scanned music folder down to just "FLAC".
                      Pi5 .. pCP 9beta5 .. LMS 8.4 -- nomysqueezebox
                      Study - Pi2B .. S.M.S.L SU-1 .. Q Acoustics M20
                      Snug/TV .. DAC32 .. Audio Engine B2
                      Spares - 1xSBTouch, 1xSB3, 4xRPi, AVI DM5 speakers

Comment

• cpd73
                        • Mar 2017

>> /mnt/musiclibrary/slimserver/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/MaterialSkin/HTML/material/html/audio/silence.ogg
                        >
                        > That is a 10 seconds of silence file. Its used to allow usage of media
                        > controls.

Oh, I see. How do you start it? LMS would add any file to its libray
                        unless called using the tmp:// protocol handler.
                        It's played via Javascript in the browser.

Comment

• Labarum
                          • Sep 2008

Post #11 is too technical for me, but I think I have this sorted by moving the cache to the memory card.

Name:	Screenshot 2022-01-20 21.20.52.png
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	1574283

I'll get there in the end - it'll just take me longer than you Linux Gurus!

Thanks all. Do doubt I will have more daft questions later!

What I fear is breaking the installation in a way I cannot mend, for it really is developing beautifully for me
                          Brian

Comment

• mherger
                            Babelfish's Best Boy
                            • Apr 2005

No Album No Artist

> It's played via Javascript in the browser.

Sure, but what URL are you using? Any reason why you're not using the
                            built-in file (there might be some code to not add it to the library -
                            haven't verified!).
                            Michael

Comment

• cpd73
                              • Mar 2017

> It's played via Javascript in the browser.

Sure, but what URL are you using? Any reason why you're not using the
                              built-in file (there might be some code to not add it to the library -
                              haven't verified!).
                              'html/audio/silence.ogg'

I located LMS's silence.mp3 - oddly this will not play in VLC. Using ffprobe it states its 26 seconds long. Its also a much larger file, my is very low bitrate and only 10 seconds.

Comment

Working...