Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

LMS 8.2.0 on fresh Ubuntu 20.04 missing perl modules

I hate having to ask this here -- this feels like it should be easy to fix.

I've installed a new server, using Ubuntu Server 20.04.3.

I used dpkg to install logitechmediaserver_8.2.0_i386.deb

On startup, I get:
    Code:
    Jan 17 16:12:13 flax squeezeboxserver[24866]: The following modules failed to load: DBI EV XML::Parser::Expat HTML::Parser JSON::XS Digest::SHA1 Sub::Name
    Jan 17 16:12:13 flax squeezeboxserver[24866]: This is perl 5, version 30, subversion 0 (v5.30.0) built for x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi
    Jan 17 16:12:13 flax squeezeboxserver[24866]: (with 50 registered patches, see perl -V for more detail)
    I've installed these perl modules, in hopes of getting rid of at least some of those load failures:
    Code:
    libdbi-perl:amd64 (1.643-1ubuntu0.1),
    libyaml-perl:amd64 (1.30-1),
    libjson-xs-perl:amd64 (4.020-1build1),
    libev-perl:amd64 (4.32-1),
    libdigest-sha-perl:amd64 (6.02-1build2),
    libxml-parser-perl:amd64 (2.46-1),
    But the errors remain.

I don't recall having this trouble on the server I'm replacing, which was running 18.04, and perl 5.26, and LMS 8.2.0. But I first installed it many years ago, so maybe there were extra steps then, as well.

Am I missing something basic? Like a README, or a sticky thread? (He said, hopefully. ;-)

paul

I think you should have installed the 64 bit version of LMS logitechmediaserver_8.2.1~1641537226_amd64.deb

The modules you installed all show "amd64" which is 64 bit.

I think recent version of Ubuntu no longer have the 32bit compatibility library which you may have been using if you ran 32 bit LMS on a 64 bit Ubuntu.

Quote Originally Posted by pgf View Post
    I hate having to ask this here -- this feels like it should be easy to fix.

I've installed a new server, using Ubuntu Server 20.04.3.

Is this 32 or 64 bit ?

I used dpkg to install logitechmediaserver_8.2.0_i386.deb

this is 32 bit

I don't recall having this trouble on the server I'm replacing, which was running 18.04, and perl 5.26, and LMS 8.2.0. But I first installed it many years ago,

This would have been 32 bit

Am I missing something basic? Like a README, or a sticky thread? (He said, hopefully. ;-)

paul
    HI Paul

first off, I'm a numpty at this , but I have an LMS instance on an old Shuttle which was sold as 32 bit Windows only install.

I could not install LMS because of the Perl version and I am not bright enough to build the correct version

Fortunately the processor supports 64 bit so I was able to install Linux MInt 64 bit and run LMS and Squeezelite

Maybe your problem is similar ?

when installing LMS I did

sudo apt update

sudo apt upgrade

sudo apt ./install logitechmediaserver_8.2.0......... (which pulls in all the bits and pieces, you need the version which includes 64 bit))

I hope this is useful, if not, just ignore me

ronnie

Edit: beaten again (sigh)
    Last edited by Man in a van; 2022-01-18 at 01:50.

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    Edit: beaten again (sigh)
    I didn't know it was a race !

I fudged my answer because I couldn't really understand Ubuntu position on whether 20.04 LTS is available in 32 bit ?
    https://ubuntu.com/blog/statement-on...-and-20-04-lts

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    I didn't know it was a race !

I fudged my answer because I couldn't really understand Ubuntu position on whether 20.04 LTS is available in 32 bit ?
    https://ubuntu.com/blog/statement-on...-and-20-04-lts
    I know

I was eating my Flahavans

Looking forward to the Six Nations this year, should be a cracker; Ubuntu is dull stuff in comparison, it makes my head hurt

Keep safe

ronnie

Auuugh!

Thank you. My entire reason for installing a new server was because the old one was 32 bit, and was going to lose Ubuntu support later this year. While setting up the new machine, I was doing a lot of copying of things from the old box to the new, and along the way, "Oh, look, there's the LMS .deb file... I'll be needing that!"

Sigh. How dumb. And it was all right there in my post.

Thanks again! I haven't yet fetched the right package, but I'm sure this is the problem.

paul