Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Lms

Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    In Windows it’s \\ipaddress in the location bar in File Explorer
    whereas in Linux it’s SMB://ipaddress
    How very odd. I was expecting a network folder to appear in the Windows File manager when I was messing earlier, but after your \\ipaddress prompt I got one and have added a quicklink for future use!

So, I have LMS on the rPi accessed from this Chromebook, and have got into its attached USB drive via Samba on this Chromebook; and from this same Chromebook with Remote Desktop I have set up a Samba link to the rPi from the old Tower PC that has no monitor! Pretty amazing for me! As I said a steep learning curve.

Thanks for the prompt.
    Last edited by Labarum; 2022-01-19 at 14:24.
    Brian

In UK: rPi4 running LMS, Chromecast Audio Dongle and Chromecast Video Dongle attached to TV - Beresford DAC - Quad 77 Integrated Amp - AVI Neutron 4 Speakers - Sennheiser HD25 Headphones. Boom in Bedroom.

In Nicosia: LMS running on a small form factor Windows PC, Beresford DAC into Quad 405-2 and MB Quart 980s

Quote Originally Posted by Labarum View Post
    @Paul Webster

Ref: MAI (Music and Artist Information)

Plugin now installed and library rescanned. I initially thought its purpose was not what I wanted as the "Information" clicky in the uninstalled plugin list returned an empty page and I had not much to go on.

But the plugin has now been installed and the library cleared and rescanned. Lots more data in there and some more album covers display, but by no means all. Many of the CDs without cover art were privately published by Cathedrals, so the data may not be in the general database, and many of those CDs were bought and ripped 20 years ago. A couple of Albums display the rear and not the front of the case artwork! I must have an old and very untidy library which will never be cleaned up fully. Some of the flacs were given me by others sourced goodness know where. I have two or even three copies of some albums!

Is it possible to edit the raw files from within the Raspberry Pi, or will I have to figure out how Samba works and edit from another machine? Or else plug the USB drive back into my PC and edit there.

Many, but not all of my CDs I will have ripped on Foobar.

Are there plans to add a CD ripper to the PiCorePlayer suite. It would be rather good to plug a USB CD drive into my rPi and rip to default settings and default folder.

So many questions. So much to learn. Thanks for your patience.
    One of the great features of MAI if you haven't already discovered it, is the Artist/Album/Lyric info you get by clicking the "i" on the toolbar.

Name:  MAI.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  240.4 KB
    LMS server/study player - LMS 8.3.0 Pi4B 4GB/NanoSound ONE case/pCP 8.1.0 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on Sata SSD (ntfs)
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 8.1.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > Topping E30 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Echo Show 8
    Garage - Squeezebox Touch > Edifier

Spares - 1xSB Touch, 1xSB3, 4xRPi, 1xDAC32, 1xCORE32

Quote Originally Posted by Labarum View Post
    How very odd. I was expecting a network folder to appear in the Windows File manager when I was messing earlier, but after your \\ipaddress prompt I got one and have added a quicklink for future use!

So, I have LMS on the rPi accessed from this Chromebook, and have got into its attached USB drive via Samba on this Chromebook; and from this same Chromebook with Remote Desktop I have set up a Samba link to the rPi from the old Tower PC that has no monitor! Pretty amazing for me! As I said a steep learning curve.

Thanks for the prompt.
    My network shares used to appear as folders under Network in Windows Explorer (or whatever it is called now) until a couple of months ago. Now they don't and I have no idea why.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    My network shares used to appear as folders under Network in Windows Explorer (or whatever it is called now) until a couple of months ago. Now they don't and I have no idea why.
    Yes, my expectations were raised by a Youtube training video, but I could see nothing. All very odd, but I got there - or I stumbled on a solution! I always thought networking was a black art!

I had seen the (i) information button - I wonder if that is more useful for popular music. I have presently uninstalled the plugin while try and tidy up my 20 year old flac collection. What a mess!
    Brian

In UK: rPi4 running LMS, Chromecast Audio Dongle and Chromecast Video Dongle attached to TV - Beresford DAC - Quad 77 Integrated Amp - AVI Neutron 4 Speakers - Sennheiser HD25 Headphones. Boom in Bedroom.

In Nicosia: LMS running on a small form factor Windows PC, Beresford DAC into Quad 405-2 and MB Quart 980s

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    One of the great features of MAI if you haven't already discovered it, is the Artist/Album/Lyric info you get by clicking the "i" on the toolbar.

Name:  MAI.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  240.4 KB
    Sometimes it works for me and sometimes it produces very strange results. Here is a good example

Name:  Screenshot 2022-01-20 07.10.34.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  182.3 KB

But my music library is very old and very raggy.
    Brian

Lms

> Sometimes it works for me and sometimes it produces very strange
    > results. Here is a good example

Classical music is hard to get right. And the sources the plugin uses
    certainly are not optimized for classical music.

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    Classical music is hard to get right. And the sources the plugin uses
    certainly are not optimized for classical music.
    Agreed. I remember reading years ago an article about how the tagging system generally adopted is pretty useless for classical music. I think there are music services that work round the problems, to a degree.

And, as I said, the other problem is the untidiness of my database.

The Brandenburg example I show illustrates the lack of album art in one linked album - but that album was a free download collected years ago from some record company. Naxos? It has only track numbers and no concerto numbers or movement names - I expect it was offered for download without those data. The Cathedral CDs are probably not in the main catalogue and that's why they have no art.

Nevertheless, the plugin is a great resource. Thank you.
    Brian