Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My squeezebox keeps interrupting internet radio playback - need help

i have 4 internet radios a pure, noxon, revo, the only one with this issue is the squeezebox. moreover it wont resume playback unless i press stop/play buttons.
    i need it to keep playing and when/if it stops to resume playback by its own without having to press stop/play 10 times per hour. is that possible ?

Are you using mysqueezebox.com and not LMS?

Can you give some examples of radio stations that this happens with?
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    Are you using mysqueezebox.com and not LMS?

Can you give some examples of radio stations that this happens with?
    i don't know what do you mean, i just power the radio a select stations. thats all.

any station i select from bbc to any other station will give this issue.

very annoying issue, i'd really like to keep the radio but if this thing goes on i'll have to get rid of it and sell it

thanks

As an experiment ů can you connect the Squeezebox Radio by Ethernet or move it closer to the WiFi access point?
    If it then works without problems then it implies it has having too many signal drop outs where it is at present.
    Solutions might still be found but first need to understand the root cause.
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

ok i can try doin so and let you know...but i wonder why all the other radios don't have this problem, plus if they disconnect for any reason they will re-connect by their own while the squeezebox will have 80% of the times permanent disconnection...those radios working more reliably are cheaper ones...

Squeezebox Radio launched in 2009 and stopped manufacturing in 2012.
    The UE Smart Radio launched in 2012 and is largely the same as Squeezebox Radio.

So you are using technology that is probably more than 10 years old.
    The WiFi hardware in the device might be going faulty with age.

However, there are plenty of people still running Squeezebox Radio and connecting exclusively over WiFi without problems.

You might be suffering from interaction with a nearby modern WiFi6 access point / mesh network.
    Last edited by Paul Webster; 2022-01-15 at 12:44. Reason: SBR launch date fixed
    Paul Webster

Squeezebox Radio launch date needs edit.
    LMS server/study player - LMS 8.3.0 Pi4B 4GB/NanoSound ONE case/pCP 8.1.0 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on Sata SSD (ntfs)
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 8.1.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > Topping E30 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Echo Show 8
    Garage - Squeezebox Touch > Edifier

Spares - 1xSB Touch, 1xSB3, 4xRPi, 1xDAC32, 1xCORE32

Senior Member Percival Sweetwater's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    Squeezebox Radio launch date needs edit.

Quote Originally Posted by batsam View Post
    ok i can try doin so and let you know...but i wonder why all the other radios don't have this problem, plus if they disconnect for any reason they will re-connect by their own while the squeezebox will have 80% of the times permanent disconnection...those radios working more reliably are cheaper ones...

did not try it for long but it seems working better now connected with ethernet to the access point.

my configuration was previously: access point-----ethernet cable-----router))))) wifi ((((squeezebox
    since the squeezebox have no manual dns, gateway settings. i think that was cousing the disconnections from from the radio streams.

is there a way to force the squeezebox to accept manual dns and gateway settings ? tx

if the wifi hardware turned bad with age it did that by its own, cuz i never really used the radio till now
    forgot also to mention that the revo blik, noxon i300, pure one flow are much as old and have plenty more usage than the squeezebox
    Last edited by batsam; 2022-01-15 at 13:30.

anyone knows if i can set dns, gateway manually ??