Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 9 of 39 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    Have you used the on/off switch on the back?
    Yes - it was off.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by CJS View Post
    One of the video's shows how the PCB's of the ESP Muse Luxe are tested.
    Using the onboard mic to listen for the tones coming out of the same device is a neat self-test.
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Quote Originally Posted by CJS View Post
    When you scroll down on the raspiaudio homepage there are links to some video's on instagram. One of the video's shows how the PCB's of the ESP Muse Luxe are tested, and in this video you can see the PCB.
    Here is a direct link to that video: https://www.instagram.com/p/CQyjJR4K2hn
    Quite different to proto.
    PCB is approx. size of end panel of speaker.
    Looks like the only cables from the Luxe PCB will be to speakers and battery.
    mems microphone, buttons & LEDs are on the PCB.

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    One thing for led battery if you happened to have used my builds, it is not handled yet
    I'm using the Raspiaudio build squeezeliteML.bin - version in WebGUI is v1.0-

I picked up my ESP Muse Luxe speaker today, and first impressions when playing music via bluetooth connection are good. I have not yet flashed the squeezelite firmware.

I can't say anything yet about the supposed battery drain issue that is mentioned in this thread, but I will keep an eye on it.

One thing to take into account is that after unpacking your speaker you can assume that the battery is fully discharged. According to the text on the package the battery is charged with a current of 0.7A. Assuming a 18650 battery with a capacity of 3000mAh, you will need to charge the battery during 4 to 5 hours before it is fully charged. This is with the speaker switched off. When you charge with the speaker switched on and playing music, charging the battery will take longer than that. So did the people that complain about short battery life make sure that the battery was fully charged before disconnecting their 5V power supply?
    Last edited by CJS; 2022-01-22 at 14:02.
    | LMS 8.3.0 | Squeezebox Boom | RPi0W + pCP 8.1.0 + HiFiBerry DAC Zero | SqueezeAMP | ESP Muse Luxe |

Quote Originally Posted by edwin2006 View Post
    Well it looks like mine is toast. All went well, played ok. Left house and e few hours returned. Player silent.
    Recharged it, no luck. Will continue on the raspiaudio forum.
    After reflashing the speaker is working again and out of the blue the lms plugin also. Not a clue why
    SqueezeBoxes: 1x Transporter (Living room) 1x SB2 (shed), 1x Radio (Kitchen), 1x Boom (Dining room), 1x piCorePlayer (jacuzzi), 1x piCorePlayer (Garden) 1x OSMC + Squeezelite (Movie room), 1x Touch (Study 2), few spare unit's (SB2, SB3, Boom, Touch)
    Server: LMS on Pi3B+ 8.1.2 on PcP 7.0.1
    Network: Draytek, Netgear Smart Switch 24p, Ubiquiti PoE, 3x Ubiquity

Tested the battery off drain. Fully charged at 3pm yesterday. Unused until 1pm today - battery flat.

Hmmm....

???
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by edwin2006 View Post
    After reflashing the speaker is working again and out of the blue the lms plugin also. Not a clue why
    I've just had this situation. Speaker plugged in overnight but switched off. Switched on this morning, no Green LED, internal blue LED flashing.

After reflashing and resetting wifi password , speaker is OK again.

I've just discovered squeezelite continuously sends log info on the USB which is a serial port ( speed 115200 cs8). This may be useful if the speaker goes "dead" again.

Here are a few photos of the inside:

Name:  PXL_20220124_103223906_Kopie4.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  90.8 KBName:  PXL_20220124_103202899_Kopie4.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  90.3 KBName:  PXL_20220124_103127835_Kopie4.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  90.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by chschind View Post
    Here are a few photos of the inside:
    Thanks for posting!

If available, could you post the first picture in a higher resolution? I am interested in the part numbers of the integrated circuits on the PCB.
    | LMS 8.3.0 | Squeezebox Boom | RPi0W + pCP 8.1.0 + HiFiBerry DAC Zero | SqueezeAMP | ESP Muse Luxe |