Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29373839
    Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    It is OK to turn it off and let the battery discharge
    Is it supposed to be turning off when I click the button on the Material Skin player selection drop down menu? It is not turning off then.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    Regarding battery draining speed ů is your one of the original batch that does not have the circuit board modification to remove a trace?
    I assumed that mine wasn't as I was ordering it only when it reappeared on the amazon homepage. It had been taken off it due to this issue and claims were this issue would be solved if the device returned to amazon.
    RPI 3+ with LMS 8.2.0 -- RPI 2 with a Hifiberry DAC+ running PiCorePlayer -- SBR running Firmware 8.0 -- Plugins: Material Skin, MAI, Podcasts, Musik - folge mir, Squeezelite-X, Ratings Light, Exclude Folders -- DSM 6.2.2 (Synology Disk Station 115) has my music

Quote Originally Posted by streifenleopard View Post
    Is it supposed to be turning off when I click the button on the Material Skin player selection drop down menu? It is not turning off then.

I assumed that mine wasn't as I was ordering it only when it reappeared on the amazon homepage. It had been taken off it due to this issue and claims were this issue would be solved if the device returned to amazon.
    To turn it off and avoid recovery mode you need to use the switch on the speaker. Not ideal. I plug a USB power pack into it to increase the operating time.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

To turn it off and avoid recovery mode you need to use the switch on the speaker. Not ideal. I plug a USB power pack into it to increase the operating time.
    Yes this is far from satisfactory.
    Also I wonder if it is a standard feature that the volume buttons are non-operational? I can adjust the volume in the interface but not using the buttons.
    RPI 3+ with LMS 8.2.0 -- RPI 2 with a Hifiberry DAC+ running PiCorePlayer -- SBR running Firmware 8.0 -- Plugins: Material Skin, MAI, Podcasts, Musik - folge mir, Squeezelite-X, Ratings Light, Exclude Folders -- DSM 6.2.2 (Synology Disk Station 115) has my music

Yes this is far from satisfactory.
    Also I wonder if it is a standard feature that the volume buttons are non-operational? I can adjust the volume in the interface but not using the buttons.
    Which firmware are you using?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I can adjust the volume in the interface but not using the buttons.
    I just tried and it worked,
    Takes a lot of presses to increase significantly though.
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Which firmware are you using?
    I don't know how to find that out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    I just tried and it worked, Takes a lot of presses to increase significantly though.
    Oh I didn't realises you have to press several times. I just had one long continuous push and waited...

I don't know how to find that out.
    When connected to LMS you can see it in the LMS web interface Settings/Information
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

The buttons are configured (I think) by the config item "boutons" (via actrls_config)

(I realigned it for display here)

Code:
    [
     {"gpio":32, "type":"BUTTON_LOW", "pull":true, "debounce":10, "normal":{"pressed":"ACTRLS_VOLDOWN"}}, 
     {"gpio":19, "type":"BUTTON_LOW", "pull":true, "debounce":40, "normal":{"pressed":"ACTRLS_VOLUP"}},
     {"gpio":12, "type":"BUTTON_LOW", "pull":true, "debounce":40, "long_press":1000,
            "normal":{"pressed":"ACTRLS_TOGGLE"},
            "longpress":{"pressed":"ACTRLS_POWER"}}
    ]
    It does not seem to have a defined long_press action for vol-up and vol-down.
    I assume that the difference in the "debounce" setting for up and down is to allow for a repeat with it going down faster than it goes up.
    Perhaps that should result in a repeat - but I don't know.
    Paul Webster

Hi just to give you an update, Squeezelite is now supported by Home Assistant see this video :

And there is a new very easy way to install Squeezlite in to the Muse (Luxe or Proto) from a Chrome browser without the need to install anything.

See website here
    Name:  2022-05-09 18_07_14-Squeezelite-ESP32 installer.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  28.2 KB

This as been implemented by Paulus Schoutsen creator of Home Assistant. This will help many people to access to this great Squeezelite project.
    Last edited by RoscoP13; 2022-05-09 at 09:15.