Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 10 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CJS View Post
    Thanks for posting!

If available, could you post the first picture in a higher resolution? I am interested in the part numbers of the integrated circuits on the PCB.
    not really better
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by chschind View Post
    not really better
    Thanks, this picture is actually much better in my opinion. Apart from the ESP32 WRover module I see:

• Silicon Labs CP2104 USB to UART Bridge
    • 2 x NSIWay NS4160 Class AB /Class D audio amplifiers

These audio amplifiers have an analog input. But I don't see an Audio DAC chip. Did you happen to see IC's on the backside of the PCB?
    Last edited by CJS; 2022-02-02 at 10:24.
    | LMS 8.3.0 | Squeezebox Boom | RPi0W + pCP 8.1.0 + HiFiBerry DAC Zero | SqueezeAMP | ESP Muse Luxe |

Did you happen to see IC's on the backside of the PCB?
    no photos of the backside, but the dac sits there

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    One thing for led battery if you happened to have used my builds, it is not handled yet
    I flashed my ESP Muse Luxe with the squeezeliteML.bin that is made available by Raspiaudio, following instructions on the Raspiaudio technical forum. Latest build of the firmware binary is V0.4 according to their github page, but the ESP Muse web interface reports: fw:local.500.cmake-master, and LMS reports: Firmware: v1.0-. Hmm...

@phillippe_44, could I use the Updates tab of the ESP Muse web interface to update to the latest 16-bit I2S version of squeezelite-esp32 (that would be version 1.960)? Will the NVS parameters for the ESP Muse survive this update? Or maybe the ESP32 Download tool should be used to flash the latest squeezelite-esp32 binary to address 0x0?

Btw, I just noticed that you have committed a few updates on https://github.com/sle118/squeezelite-esp32 for support of the ESP Muse. Interesting. Will there be separate firmware releases for the Muse?
    Maybe it is better then to wait until the next release of squeezelite-esp32 for the Muse becomes available. Right?
    | LMS 8.3.0 | Squeezebox Boom | RPi0W + pCP 8.1.0 + HiFiBerry DAC Zero | SqueezeAMP | ESP Muse Luxe |

I flashed my ESP Muse Luxe with the squeezeliteML.bin that is made available by Raspiaudio, following instructions on the Raspiaudio technical forum. Latest build of the firmware binary is V0.4 according to their github page, but the ESP Muse web interface reports: fw:local.500.cmake-master, and LMS reports: Firmware: v1.0-. Hmm...

@phillippe_44, could I use the Updates tab of the ESP Muse web interface to update to the latest 16-bit I2S version of squeezelite-esp32 (that would be version 1.960)? Will the NVS parameters for the ESP Muse survive this update? Or maybe the ESP32 Download tool should be used to flash the latest squeezelite-esp32 binary to address 0x0?

Btw, I just noticed that you have committed a few updates on https://github.com/sle118/squeezelite-esp32 for support of the ESP Muse. Interesting. Will there be separate firmware releases for the Muse?
    Maybe it is better then to wait until the next release of squeezelite-esp32 for the Muse becomes available. Right?
    I've just pushed a release of 4.0 that should support fully MuseLuxe. You should see a dedicated "Muse" build and I've updated the README of our project with specific NVS parameters in case you prefer to use the plain I2S binaries. The 4.3 is available as well, but not as an official release, so you have to manually get the artefacts of 4.3 builds, no OTA updates.
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

I've just pushed a release of 4.0 that should support fully MuseLuxe. You should see a dedicated "Muse" build and I've updated the README of our project with specific NVS parameters in case you prefer to use the plain I2S binaries. The 4.3 is available as well, but not as an official release, so you have to manually get the artefacts of 4.3 builds, no OTA updates.
    Thank you very much Philippe for the "Muse" build!
    I suppose that the 4.0 branch that you mention is the master-cmake branch, right?

When I want to flash firmware 1.995-16#v4.0#Muse#master-cmake to my Muse Luxe, I suppose I need to download the zip file and flash the firmware partitions with the ESP32 Download tool to the addresses that are given in the first post of the Squeezelite-ESP32 thread. So that would be:

• ota_data_initial.bin at 0xd000
    • bootloader.bin at 0x1000
    • partition-table.bin at 0x8000
    • recovery.bin at 0x10000
    • squeezelite.bin at 0x150000

Please correct me if I am wrong.
    Last edited by CJS; 2022-01-25 at 13:50.

Great work Philippe - thank you. I've just done an OTA update from the Raspiaudio V0.4 binary to Muse.16.995.master-cmake, and it seems to be working perfectly. Even the 'magic' graphic equaliser still works

A few questions while I'm here:
    1) What's the difference between the 4.0 and 4.3 builds?
    2) Any idea why it always takes me two goes to get the Muse Luxe connected to my local wifi? After loading the full binary it starts to broadcast it's own AP, so I choose my wifi and enter the password. It then reboots, and sometimes it connects to LMS, but immediately drops off my wifi and starts to broadcast its own AP again. If I enter my credentials again it reboots and stays connected to my wifi. This has been completely repeatable over quite a few reloads of the Raspiaudio .bin files in the last few days. I haven't done a SqueezeAMP complete update recently, so I don't recall whether I saw the same behaviour there. I guess this should be less of an issue now that I can do an OTA update to get the latest ESP32 version onto my Muse Luxe.

Quote Originally Posted by chill View Post
    Great work Philippe - thank you. I've just done an OTA update from the Raspiaudio V0.4 binary to Muse.16.995.master-cmake, and it seems to be working perfectly. Even the 'magic' graphic equaliser still works

A few questions while I'm here:
    1) What's the difference between the 4.0 and 4.3 builds?
    2) Any idea why it always takes me two goes to get the Muse Luxe connected to my local wifi? After loading the full binary it starts to broadcast it's own AP, so I choose my wifi and enter the password. It then reboots, and sometimes it connects to LMS, but immediately drops off my wifi and starts to broadcast its own AP again. If I enter my credentials again it reboots and stays connected to my wifi. This has been completely repeatable over quite a few reloads of the Raspiaudio .bin files in the last few days. I haven't done a SqueezeAMP complete update recently, so I don't recall whether I saw the same behaviour there. I guess this should be less of an issue now that I can do an OTA update to get the latest ESP32 version onto my Muse Luxe.
    1) 4.3 mainly includes Ethernet (no interest here) and Spotify, in addition from using an updated version of espressif's framework. This is also the version we will use in the future, 4.0 will be "deprecated" soon
    2) Is this with 4.0? With 4.3, the connection manager is different and such things might happen (I know @sle118 is working on it). Now, it also might be because you should update to a full squeezelite-esp32 system (recovery + OTA) where the RaspaudioML.bin is a single application
    Last edited by philippe_44; 2022-01-25 at 14:42.
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

When I want to flash firmware 1.995-16#v4.0#Muse#master-cmake to my Muse Luxe, I suppose I need to download the zip file and flash the firmware partitions with the ESP32 Download tool to the addresses that are given in the first post of the Squeezelite-ESP32 thread. So that would be:

• ota_data_initial.bin at 0xd000
    • bootloader.bin at 0x1000
    • partition-table.bin at 0x8000
    • recovery.bin at 0x10000
    • squeezelite.bin at 0x150000

Please correct me if I am wrong.
    To answer my own question, with the addresses mentioned above I successfully updated the firmware of my Muse Luxe to version 1.995, using the ESP32 download tool. See also screenshot below.

Name:  ESP32_Download_tool_Muse_Luxe.png
Views: 205
Size:  20.6 KB

After the firmware update I powered off the Muse Luxe with the power switch at the back of the device, waited a few seconds, and powered it on again.
    The Muse Luxe then started up in recovery mode and did not appear in LMS. I then opened the web interface of the Muse Luxe in the web browser on my PC, and hit the "Exit Recovery" button. Then the Muse Luxe started up in normal operating mode, and appeared as player in LMS. And it works fine.

Firmware reported on the information page of LMS is v1.0-995-16, see screenshot below:

Name:  LMS_ESP_Muse.png
Views: 210
Size:  3.8 KB
    Last edited by CJS; 2022-01-25 at 14:49.

2) Is this with 4.0? With 4.3, the connection manager is different and such things might happen (I know @sle118 is working on it). Now, it also might be because you should update to a full squeezelite-esp32 system (recovery + OTA) where the RaspaudioML.bin is a single application
    This was with the .bin file supplied by Raspiaudio - not sure which branch that is. But perhaps you should disregard this as I haven't yet tried the full reflash with the new build (as CJS has). A job for tomorrow evening.