Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    For the curious- Speaker with grill removed.
    So the square in the middle is a woofer? Or maybe a passive radiator?
    Last edited by CJS; 2022-01-21 at 04:42.
    | LMS 8.3.0 | Squeezebox Boom | RPi0W + pCP 8.1.0 + HiFiBerry DAC Zero | SqueezeAMP | ESP Muse Luxe |

After much hesitation and checking each step, Muse is now up and running.

Volume is a little too low for my taste, but decent sound quality. Any way to adjust the base volume level?

Next step is to try the plugin.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by castalla View Post
    After much hesitation and checking each step, Muse is now up and running.
    Volume is a little too low for my taste, but decent sound quality. Any way to adjust the base volume level?
    Low volume was first impression but enough for my intended use - background in a quiet room not competing with other noises.
    I'm using to replace a DAC32/Logitech Mini Boombox combo. The Boombox although smaller seems preferable to Muse but it may just be volume.
    Name:  miniboombox2.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  25.6 KB

Low volume was first impression but enough for my intended use - background in a quiet room not competing with other noises.
    I'm using to replace a DAC32/Logitech Mini Boombox combo. The Boombox although smaller seems preferable to Muse but it may just be volume.
    Name:  miniboombox2.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  25.6 KB
    I've got one of those! Unopened... So many speakers, so little time left!
    Last edited by castalla; 2022-01-21 at 07:48.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've got one of those! Unopened... So many speakers, so little time left!
    Try it out - good sound for size, battery and BT. It was maybe Ç60-80 when it was released

Quote Originally Posted by CJS View Post
    So the square in the middle is a woofer? Or maybe a passive radiator?
    Raspiaudio confirm it is passive radiator.

Try it out - good sound for size, battery and BT. It was maybe Ç60-80 when it was released
    I guess it could use the pcp Bluetooth feature.

I never opened it when, many years ago, I realised it couldn't be used with LMS. How things have moved on.

Raspiaudio confirm it is passive radiator.
    Cool, thanks for confirmation. I ordered one of these on Amazon.de (Amazon Germany). Unfortunately this product is not delivered to The Netherlands. But since I live close to the German border, I opted for delivery at a pick up location in Germany, just over the border with The Netherlands. I expect I can pick up the product there in the weekend.
    | LMS 8.3.0 | Squeezebox Boom | RPi0W + pCP 8.1.0 + HiFiBerry DAC Zero | SqueezeAMP | ESP Muse Luxe |

Next step is to try the plugin.
    Well, boosting the volume at low frequencies should be possible with the graphic equalizer that in included in the SqueezeESP32 plugin.
    After successful installation of the plugin, you will find the graphic equalizer under LMS Player tab => ESP Muse player name => ESP32 settings.

I advise not to boost the low frequency range too much, to avoid clipping of the amplifier, or hitting the excursion limit of the drivers, when increasing the overall volume level.
    With such small size drivers it is simply impossible to reach high SPL levels at low frequencies.

Well it looks like mine is toast. All went well, played ok. Left house and e few hours returned. Player silent.
    Recharged it, no luck. Will continue on the raspiaudio forum.
    SqueezeBoxes: 1x Transporter (Living room) 1x SB2 (shed), 1x Radio (Kitchen), 1x Boom (Dining room), 1x piCorePlayer (jacuzzi), 1x piCorePlayer (Garden) 1x OSMC + Squeezelite (Movie room), 1x Touch (Study 2), few spare unit's (SB2, SB3, Boom, Touch)
    Server: LMS on Pi3B+ 8.1.2 on PcP 7.0.1
    Network: Draytek, Netgear Smart Switch 24p, Ubiquiti PoE, 3x Ubiquity