Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 8 of 39 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Have you tried reloading the bin file?

Is there any way to check the battery status?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by castalla View Post
    Is there any way to check the battery status?
    Nothing obvious. However in WebUI Setting/Information there is a "Voltage" reading which is zero.

I wonder if there needs to be some more customisation to support some sort of battery indication.

LED is green when battery is OK and I think goes White when battery is low.

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    LED is green when battery is OK and I think goes White when battery is low.
    This forum post says that the LED goes green/yellow/red.

I've also had an occasion where I thought I'd left it with a good charge but came back to a flat battery. Didn't think anything of it at the time, but I'll keep an eye on it now.

So @bpa - you've not ventured further than the front grille? Go on - you know you want to undo those screws!

I've now got a couple of Muse Proto boards. Quite impressed so far, but they're too new to have any experience with battery life. But I can potentially check for a current draw when switched off, and for a speaker build I was planning to use a toggle switch in the battery cable.

Quote Originally Posted by chill View Post
    It looked an off-white to me - so perhaps it was yellow.

So @bpa - you've not ventured further than the front grille? Go on - you know you want to undo those screws!
    It's tempting (and I do take things apart). I'd like some more info from Raspiaudio, the delicate connections I saw when I opened my Boom means I'm a bit cautious.
    I've now got a couple of Muse Proto boards. Quite impressed so far, but they're too new to have any experience with battery life. But I can potentially check for a current draw when switched off, and for a speaker build I was planning to use a toggle switch in the battery cable.
    Nice to have another source of small ESP32 boards for projects.

I've also had an occasion where I thought I'd left it with a good charge but came back to a flat battery. Didn't think anything of it at the time, but I'll keep an eye on it now.

The battery drain happened to me. Hardly makes the unit portable.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It looked an off-white to me - so perhaps it was yellow.

It's tempting (and I do take things apart). I'd like some more info from Raspiaudio, the delicate connections I saw when I opened my Boom means I'm a bit cautious.

One thing for led battery if you happened to have used my builds, it is not handled yet
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

Quote Originally Posted by castalla View Post
    The battery drain happened to me. Hardly makes the unit portable.
    Have you used the on/off switch on the back?
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

Indeed. It's not quite as compact as a SqueezeAMP, and the amplifier section is lower power, but it's plenty for a little portable device. And it plays nice with the ESP32 project - out of curiosity, after I'd loaded Raspiaudio's squeezebox binary, I tried an OTA update to the latest (960) 16-bit I2S-4MFlash, and after I'd reconfigured the NVS settings it all seems to work properly.

It can be powered by a 1S battery pack, and will charge that pack. I'm certainly interested to know how similar the PCB inside the Luxe is to a Proto.

I'm certainly interested to know how similar the PCB inside the Luxe is to a Proto.
    When you scroll down on the raspiaudio homepage there are links to some video's on instagram. One of the video's shows how the PCB's of the ESP Muse Luxe are tested, and in this video you can see the PCB.
    Here is a direct link to that video: https://www.instagram.com/p/CQyjJR4K2hn
    | LMS 8.3.0 | Squeezebox Boom | RPi0W + pCP 8.1.0 + HiFiBerry DAC Zero | SqueezeAMP | ESP Muse Luxe |