Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Tagging Raise the Roof

I have a copy of Raise the Roof by Robert Plant and Alison Krauss that does not seem to display Artist Biobraphy or Album information. seems to be true for my copy of Raising Sand also. I have tried tagging Artist as Robert Plant and Alison Krauss, Robert Plant / Alison Krauss , Robert Plant | Alison Krauss,Robert Plant & Alison Krauss. It does not seem to matter. has anyone a fix for this. I must be overlooking the obvious
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Logitech Media Server Version: 8.3.0 - 1645717927 @ Thu 24 Feb 2022 05:23:32 PM CET
    Operating system: Debian - EN - utf8
    Platform Architecture: x86_64-linux
    Perl Version: 5.30.0 - x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi
    IO::Socket::SSL: 2.067
    Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.58 (sqlite 3.22.0)

One SB Touch connected by Ethernet - Denon AVR -1912 Receiver, Paradigm 4.1 speakers
    SB Touch connected by Optical to Sabaj A4
    amp and Energy bookshelf speakers
    Two SB Radios wireless

Quote Originally Posted by SlimChances View Post
    I have a copy of Raise the Roof by Robert Plant and Alison Krauss that does not seem to display Artist Biobraphy or Album information. seems to be true for my copy of Raising Sand also. I have tried tagging Artist as Robert Plant and Alison Krauss, Robert Plant / Alison Krauss , Robert Plant | Alison Krauss,Robert Plant & Alison Krauss. It does not seem to matter. has anyone a fix for this. I must be overlooking the obvious
    In Settings -> My Music, what's the current value of the option, "Separator for Multiple Items in Tags"?

Name:  multiple_separator.png
Views: 162
Size:  2.7 KB

As you can see, I use a double backslash, which is one of the usually recommended options. Another is a semicolon.
    Usually running latest beta LMS nightly on Raspberry Pi OS with virtual players (Squeezelite and Airplay bridge). Occasionally using SB Radio, Boom or Classic.

@RobbH Thanks, worked a treat
    Logitech Media Server Version: 8.3.0 - 1645717927 @ Thu 24 Feb 2022 05:23:32 PM CET
    Operating system: Debian - EN - utf8
    Platform Architecture: x86_64-linux
    Perl Version: 5.30.0 - x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi
    IO::Socket::SSL: 2.067
    Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.58 (sqlite 3.22.0)

One SB Touch connected by Ethernet - Denon AVR -1912 Receiver, Paradigm 4.1 speakers
    SB Touch connected by Optical to Sabaj A4
    amp and Energy bookshelf speakers
    Two SB Radios wireless

On this topic it is well worth having a look at how the LMS database is actually structured and what the scanner does with AlbumArtist, Artist and similar tags e.g. Composer

In summary, there is only one database table called "contributors" - the scanner will read the tags and insert entries into this table with a numeric type indicator that determines what the entity is in human terms. A contributor can appear more than once if it has multiple types associated with it. I can't recall what the numeric inicators are for each contributor type off hand but they are pretty obvious when you look.

The multi-tag delimiter referred to above simply tells the scanner to create multiple entries in the database for the tag/type in question if it finds the delimiter.

When you do More, the first level of info you see is data from the database but if you then do More Info / View Tags then LMS reads the the actual file and shows you the tags

To look at your database do the following.

STOP LMS
    Copy library.db locally to your PC
    Use https://sqlitebrowser.org/ (Windows/Mac) to open the local db copy and then interrogate the tables
    Jim
    https://jukeradio.double6.net

VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
    Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
    Dining Room SB Radio
    Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
    Guest Room Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes