Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Release 1.2.0

Release 1.2.0 Includes:

New Features :
    • A Radio Favourites folder can not be set as a standard LMS favourite (requires LMS 8.2.0 or later). This enables you to have your LMS favourites all in one place, if you prefer.
    • There is now a Radio Favourites Editor in the settings. This allows you to more easily manage your radio favourites, you can :
      • Edit the station name
      • Set the folder
      • Delete the favourite
      • Delete a folder

Name:  RadioStationsEditor.png
Views: 79
Size:  47.2 KB
    • There is now the concept of the "Custom URL", if you have another url for a station that you prefer to the one provided by the plugin (e.g. it has a higher bitrate) then you can set that in the preferences. This enables you to have the benefit of the programme information but play the audio from your preferred url. (thank you @staresy for the suggested feature).
    • You can now explicitly set a station to be in the top level of the plugins menu out of a folder.

See the readme for full details.

The update is available now from the standard LMS 3rd party repository.
    Stuart McLean

ExpectingToFly Plugins :
    BBC Sounds, Global Player (UK), Times Radio, UK Radio Player, Virgin Radio (UK) and the Radio Favourites Plugin

For BBC Sounds help see the BBC Sounds Wiki.

Quote Originally Posted by expectingtofly View Post
    Release 1.2.0 Includes:

[*]There is now the concept of the "Custom URL", if you have another url for a station that you prefer to the one provided by the plugin (e.g. it has a higher bitrate) then you can set that in the preferences. This enables you to have the benefit of the programme information but play the audio from your preferred url. (thank you @staresy for the suggested feature).

Just to confirm, "Custom URL" working for me, thanks Stuart!
    Location 1: LMS 8.3 on Win 10 Brix Server, x3 SB Radios, x1 Touch, x1 Controller : Location 2: LMS 8.3 on Win 10 Brix Server, x2 SB Radios, x1 Duet Receiver, x1 Controller : Alexa Mediaserver Smart Skill, Material Android, SqueezeliteX control

As an FYI for anyone else trying it, I was a bit confused originally because when I tried to add (say) my existing "Radio Favourite BBC 6Music" as an LMS Favourite, the only option presented on the menu was "remove favourite". It seems this was because I already had a "normal" LMS Favourite for 6Music, and presumably the same key is being used for the "Radio Favourite" version. After removing the existing one, I could then add the new one.

I'm not sure it's quite working properly for me though. In the LMS favourites menu, the text for the added Radio Favourite reflects the programme that was playing when the LMS Favourite was added, not the current live programme. The Radio Favourite accessed directly is correct.
    Last edited by tw99; 2022-01-25 at 06:20.

Quote Originally Posted by tw99 View Post
    As an FYI for anyone else trying it, I was a bit confused originally because when I tried to add (say) my existing "Radio Favourite BBC 6Music" as an LMS Favourite, the only option presented on the menu was "remove favourite". It seems this was because I already had a "normal" LMS Favourite for 6Music, and presumably the same key is being used for the "Radio Favourite" version. After removing the existing one, I could then add the new one.

I'm not sure it's quite working properly for me though. In the LMS favourites menu, the text for the added Radio Favourite reflects the programme that was playing when the LMS Favourite was added, not the current live programme. The Radio Favourite accessed directly is correct.

Ah, I think you have got a bit confused, I'm not sure I found a good way of explaining it clearly.

The LMS favourites and Radio favourites are completely separate. The "LMS favourites" are static, the "Radio Favourites" update everytime there is a new programme. So, if you add a "Radio Favourite" as an "LMS favourites" it will become static when you view it in LMS favourites and never change. Which is the situation you have got yourself in. You should not add an individual station from Radio Favourites into LMS Favourites

What you can do, is create a folder in "Radio Favourites" move the stations into that folder in "Radio Favourites", then, add the whole folder as an "LMS Favourite". That folder will then be viewable in "LMS Favourites" and be dynamic, it will show the latest programmes. Does that make sense? it is confusing I know and not entirely logical!
    Stuart McLean

ExpectingToFly Plugins :
    BBC Sounds, Global Player (UK), Times Radio, UK Radio Player, Virgin Radio (UK) and the Radio Favourites Plugin

For BBC Sounds help see the BBC Sounds Wiki.

Quote Originally Posted by tw99 View Post

In the BBC Sounds app "Add to Radio Favourites" is under "More". Name:  Screenshot_20220125-135323.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  33.1 KBName:  Screenshot_20220125-135410.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  14.2 KB

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by expectingtofly View Post
    Ah, I think you have got a bit confused, I'm not sure I found a good way of explaining it clearly.

The LMS favourites and Radio favourites are completely separate. The "LMS favourites" are static, the "Radio Favourites" update everytime there is a new programme. So, if you add a "Radio Favourite" as an "LMS favourites" it will become static when you view it in LMS favourites and never change. Which is the situation you have got yourself in. You should not add an individual station from Radio Favourites into LMS Favourites

What you can do, is create a folder in "Radio Favourites" move the stations into that folder in "Radio Favourites", then, add the whole folder as an "LMS Favourite". That folder will then be viewable in "LMS Favourites" and be dynamic, it will show the latest programmes. Does that make sense? it is confusing I know and not entirely logical!
    OK, that makes sense. Thanks.