I had to restore a Win 10 backup due to one of the regular problems with it not working!
After which I noticed the Tray Icon was not appearing after restart any more.
As everything looked fine I decide to uninstall then reinstall.
I know from previous issues with LMS that I first need to install 7.7.6 then update or later versions won't work.
But now I can't get anything working.
Here are some things I have tried from a full uninstall:

Install 7.7.6 works with the taskbar icon with no 'admin rights' notice.
Updating to 8.2.0 stops the taskbar icon at start.

Install 8.2.0 allows the taskbar icon but doesn't work. You can't open the program when you click on it.
After reboot can't find 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Squeezebox\server\squeezeboxcp.exe'

Install 8.0.0. system tray works but states 'you don't have administrator privileges for the background service' but the service is running:
C:/PROGRA~2/SQUEEZ~1/server/SqueezeSvr.exe. Right click the tray 'run as administrator works'.
Set admin rights on 'SqueezeSvr.exe' does not remove warning (then removed rights).
Set admin rights on 'Start-Up | Logitech Media Server Tray Tool' does not remove warning.
After reboot LMS is missing from tool tray. Service is running. Click the start menu option and LMS appears in the tool tray without the warning.
It appears the options are:
1. Run in the tool tray then select right click admin mode each time.
2. Pre-set admin rights and don't run in the tool tray until selected.

Install 7.8.0 works with the taskbar icon with no 'admin rights' notice.
After reboot the taskbar doesn't work at all.
The startup link states 'you don't have administrator privileges for the background service', apply admin rights to the startup.
Taskbar still doesn't work.

Install 7.7.6 works with the taskbar icon with no 'admin rights' notice but not after reboot!
Cannot update as waiting for the LMS to close never happens'.

Before I could just install 7.7.6 then update to 8.2.0 and it worked (I had to do this as 8.2.0 doesn't install all the necessary files and without 7.7.6 the squeezebox output power is halved)
I am using Revo uninstaller and clear the registry of all 'squeezebox' references safe mode.

Does anyone have a proven method of getting LMS to work or a working version?
Thanks in advance.