Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Thread: QNAP vs TOUCH

QNAP vs TOUCH

I have a QNAP ver S212. Does anyone know which version of LMS I wil need to install and where to find it ????

Thanks guys.

Have a read through this thread https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...6-X86-support-!

I'm not sure the TS-212 is really powerful enough in which case the best option is a Raspberry Pi with piCorePlayer and LMS pointed to the music files on your NAS
    Jim
    https://jukeradio.double6.net

VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
    Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
    Dining Room SB Radio
    Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
    Guest Room Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes

Yes...another friend pointed me to that thread which is why I joined. The conclusion I reach is that my Qnap TS212 aand LMS are incompatible. Everyone recomends a raspberry pi but that's not the way I want to go.

Do you know you can use the Touch as a LMS server? Just connect a USB disk to the USB input (check compability) and there you go

I've have QLogitechMediaServer V2.21 running on QNAP TS-119 TS-112P and TS-221 devices (All running QTS 4.3.3)

They have the same CPU architecture as your TS-212, (armV5tel) only difference I can see is your 212 only has 256MB or RAM whereby my 3 all have 512MB

Just checked the 112P and LMS is on that device at the moment is 8.1.0

Not the fastest setup in the world but works fine, Why don't you try QLogitechMediaServer and see if it works and suits your needs?

Kev
    Last edited by KeBul; 2022-01-22 at 05:53. Reason: More info

Thanks Kebul...a version of LMS that might work...I'll try it

Quote Originally Posted by Madmike View Post
    Thanks Kebul...a version of LMS that might work...I'll try it
    Note - though - it is limited in functionality and has been removed from the Community Firmware version of the software for Touch.
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Update.....I am successfully using Qsync to play flacs from my Qnap to the Chromecast Audio...no need to buy an SBT