Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

uPNP - Adding Squieezelite to Loxone

Hello,

I'm new to LMS, but v impressed so far.

I would like to integrate a SqueezeLite player with my Home Automation kit - Loxone. Loxone uses uPNP, I have tried to configure LMS to use uPNP but Loxone and LMS do not see each other.

I have tried similar set-up with Volumio and they seemed to connect ok, but I was not a huge fan of the Volumio interface. I really like SqueezeLite, but can't connect it via uPNP to the Loxone Miniserver / App.

Has anybody managed to add any the LMS or Logitech players Loxone? Any tips on settings on either side?

Thanks in advance for any tips.

D

Are you trying to make Loxone act as a controller or as a player?

If as a controller then you probably need to install "UPnP/Media Interface" plugin on your LMS.

If as a player (which I doubt - but I see that they do have audio capabilities) then try "UPnP/DLNA Bridge" plugin.
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

I'm trying to get Loxone to act as a controller, Squeezelite as a player.

I have enabled both UPnP/Media Interface and UPnP/DLNA Bridge but Loxone does not see the player in the uPNP list.

Should I be enabling only one? Or, is there another trick to get Loxone to see the LMS/Squezzelite player?

Loxone sees my Sonos, Volumio no problem. Just can't see LMS / Squeezelite.

Thanks again.

The Bridge plugin primary function is to make a remote UPnP-AV renderer appear in LMS as a player. So that is not what you want.

The other plugin should make LMS appear as a UPnP-AV Media Server ... allowing controllers to browse content and queue it to renderers.

You can enable logging via Settings/Advanced/plugin.xxxxx - the change is dynamically applied and the results can be seen in the LMS logs.
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Thank you Paul.

I have enabled logging, and I think I see the request from the Loxone:

Code:
    Slim::Plugin::UPnP::Discovery::_read (197) M-SEARCH from aaa.aaa.aaa.aaa:yyyyy for urn:dial-multiscreen-org:service:dial:1 (mx: 1)
    Slim::Plugin::UPnP::Discovery::_read (197) M-SEARCH from aaa.aaa.aaa.aaa:yyyyy for urn:dial-multiscreen-org:service:dial:1 (mx: 1)
    Slim::Plugin::UPnP::Discovery::_read (197) M-SEARCH from bbb.bbb.bbb.bbb:xxxxx for upnp:rootdevice (mx: 5)
    Slim::Plugin::UPnP::Discovery::__ANON__ (500) Replying to bbb.bbb.bbb.bbb:xxxxx: "HTTP/1.1 200 OK\r\nCache-Control: max-age=1800\r\nDate: Tue, 17 May 2022 10:26:38 GMT\r\nExt: \r\nLocation: http://ccc.ccc.ccc.ccc:zzzzz/plugins...A72\r\nServer: Linux/x86_64-linux UPnP/1.0 DLNADOC/1.50 LogitechMediaServer/8.2.0/1627922070\r\nST: upnp:rootdevice\r\nUSN: uuid:A4CB5B8A-6C80-324F-FE77-A1EFCACA1198::upnp:rootdevice\r\n\r\n"
    I then see lots of other M-SEARCH records. It seems the LMS (ccc.ccc.ccc.ccc) is replying to other devices (such as plex on bbb.bbb.bbb.bbb). But, it does not seem to be replying to Loxone, the first two records above (aaa.aaa.aaa.aaa).

Is this what I am looking for? Does this help with diagnosis at all? Its a bit mumbo-jumbo to me.
    Last edited by dsew; 2022-05-17 at 03:59.

I assume this means that the LMS plugin does not recognise
    urn:dial-multiscreen-org:service:dial:1
    as something that it is supposed to deal with.

This is a legacy plugin with no active maintainer as far as I know ... so someone would have to open up the code and take a look.
    The good news is that it is open source.
    https://github.com/Logitech/slimserv...covery.pm#L197

it looks like https://github.com/Logitech/slimserv...covery.pm#L228 would find
    search: dial-multiscreen-org:service:dial sver: 1

Code:
    my $st = 'urn:dial-multiscreen-org:service:dial:1';
    if ( $st =~ /urn:(.+):(\d+)/ ) {
    # A device or service matching this urn, or a prior version
    my $search = $1;
    my $sver   = $2;
    print("search: $search sver: $sver\n")
    }
    returns
    dial-multiscreen-org:service:dial sver: 1

The subsequent code would need some more debug statements inserted to try to work out where it goes next.
    Perhaps the device did not respond to a discover sent out by LMS so it does not recognise who the request came from.

You might have to tell LMS to save the logging setting - and then restart LMS and see what the plugin reports soon after startup.
    Paul Webster

uPNP - Adding Squieezelite toLoxone

Isn't there native support for LMS available on Loxone? There at least
    are some oldish discussions and announcements out there which would make
    me believe so.

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    Isn't there native support for LMS available on Loxone? There at least
    are some oldish discussions and announcements out there which would make
    me believe so.
    You would think so because Loxone Music Server is built on LMS. But, natively, Loxone can not see my LMS or SqueezeLite players, but can see Sonos and Volumio.

Unless, there is a setting somewhere to help Loxone discover LMS? There used to be "uPNP Modes" in Loxone. But, it is unclear how to use the modes and I raised a support ticket with Loxone to ask but they were unable to advise how to select a specific mode. Loxone support put this down to a network issue, but I have now spent around a month with Unifi support trying to troubleshoot but there appears to be no network issue.

I think it comes down to telling Loxone to send another message type (per the Modes), which I don't seem to be able to change (despite the manual suggesting you can select) or getting LMS to respond to the message outlined above. Rather tricky for me as I have no idea how to code this.

Perhaps something in this 3 year ol blog post might help (I have not been through it all)
    https://smarthome.exposed/loxone-mul...-and-max2play/
    Paul Webster