Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 15 of 15
  1. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2022
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Erskine View Post
    Are you referring to pCP 6.1.0 to 7.0.0?
    I was running 6.1.0 trying to upgrade to 7.0.0, just as the OP. When I ran the 7.0.0 insitu_update_stage2.cgi it would render a page with just a header. After correcting the typo in insitu_update_stage2.cgi it ran successfully.

  2. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2022
    Posts
    3
    The error is in line 242 of https://repo.picoreplayer.org/insitu...ate_stage2.gz:

    Broken: [ "$PCP_REPO" = "" ] && PCP_REPO="https://repo.picoreplayer.org/repo
    Corrected: [ "$PCP_REPO" = "" ] && PCP_REPO="https://repo.picoreplayer.org/repo"

  3. #13
    Senior Member Greg Erskine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    2,531
    Hi makegofast,

    The error doesn't exist in newer versions of insitu_update_stage2.cgi

    What version do you have? (Found at top of code)

    insitu_update_stage2.cgi is downloaded during the insitu-update process. It is not initially installed. So it is possible for people to have different versions of this file downloaded.

    If you start the insitu-update process from the pCP GUI, the second step will download the latest version.

    If you want to keep the old version for testing, rename it first.

    regards
    Greg

  4. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    8
    Hey Greg,

    I'm facing the same issue. I started at v5, sequentially upgrading to v6.1.0. When trying to go from 6.1.0 to 7, the update process stopped as described by the other two users. I've tried quite a few things via the gui and got nowhere. Seems whatever script is misbehaving persists.

    Of course, I could wipe the card and reinstall, but what fun is that? Instead, I'm trying to follow along with the group to troubleshoot what is going wrong. I'm pretty solid with Linux, but I'm not a web developer, so I'd need a bit of pointed guidance on how the update process moves through the cgi scripts if anyone wants my input / logs on troubleshooting.

  5. #15
    Senior Member Greg Erskine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    2,531
    hi ndemarco,

    Check that the directory /home/tc/www doesn't exist. If it does, delete it and reboot.

    regards
    Greg Erskine

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •