Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    On the LMS web UI go to Home > Music > Tune in URL (as in my picture earlier) paste the URL you've been given from Jazzgroove and press the play button alongside it.
    OK, thanks. I now have the URL playing through the system. My problem is that I don't see any menu item on the SB controller from which I can select this URL from a cold start just from the controller. I don't want to have to go to my computer every time I want to listen to this stream. Is there a way to insert a menu item on the controller for this stream?

Quote Originally Posted by greywing View Post
    OK, thanks. I now have the URL playing through the system. My problem is that I don't see any menu item on the SB controller from which I can select this URL from a cold start just from the controller. I don't want to have to go to my computer every time I want to listen to this stream. Is there a way to insert a menu item on the controller for this stream?
    LMS web UI > Favourites > click the pencil icon alongside > scroll down to the bottom > Click "New Favourite" > paste the Jazzgroove URL in the URL box, give it a name in the "Name" box, click save.

On your controller go to > Home > Favourites > you should see the favourite you've just made. Select it and play it.
    Server - LMS 8.3.0 RPi4B 4GB/NanoSound ONE case/pCP 8.1.0 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on Sata SSD (ntfs)

Lounge - DAC32 - AudioEngine B2
    Office - RPi 3B+/HiFiBerry DAC HAT/RPi screen - Edifier D12
    Bedroom - Echo Show 8

Spares - 1xSB Touch, 1xSB3, 3xRPi, 1xCORE32, AVI DM5 speakers

LMS web UI > Favourites > click the pencil icon alongside > scroll down to the bottom > Click "New Favourite" > paste the Jazzgroove URL in the URL box, give it a name in the "Name" box, click save.

On your controller go to > Home > Favourites > you should see the favourite you've just made. Select it and play it.
    Works a treat. Thanks much. LMS is not a user friendly program. I appreciate your inputs.

Works a treat. Thanks much. LMS is not a user friendly program. I appreciate your inputs.
    Good to hear.
    Server - LMS 8.3.0 RPi4B 4GB/NanoSound ONE case/pCP 8.1.0 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on Sata SSD (ntfs)

Bedroom - Echo Show 8

Not many programs are truly user friendly. The trick is to remember a feature once you've found it and that isn't always easy. That's why this forum is so useful

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    Not many programs are truly user friendly. The trick is to remember a feature once you've found it and that isn't always easy. That's why this forum is so useful

Couldn't agree more. Thanks everyone.

I purchased the "Duet" when it first came out, it was the only Squeezebox that I couldn't really take to and sold it on.

However, from memory it did have an Internet Radio menu item on the Homepage.

I found this image among my pictures. (Ignore the yellow border, image was used elsewhere).

I wonder why/how/when it was removed?

Name:  controller.jpeg
Views: 24
Size:  62.0 KB

Bedroom - Echo Show 8

I purchased the "Duet" when it first came out, it was the only Squeezebox that I couldn't really take to and sold it on.

However, from memory it did have an Internet Radio menu item on the Homepage.

I found this image among my pictures. (Ignore the yellow border, image was used elsewhere).

I wonder why/how/when it was removed?

Name:  controller.jpeg
Views: 24
Size:  62.0 KB
    It still does but now it is called Radio. It doesn't have a "Tune in" feature though. If it did could you imagine entering the URL using the wheel

It still does but now it is called Radio. It doesn't have a "Tune in" feature though. If it did could you imagine entering the URL using the wheel

Oh god no. The wheel is a PITA. My users manual shows the Internet radio item also. I assume it was removed on one of the firmware updates.

Ha ha, no. That was the thing I didn't like about it. I always seemed to overshoot the item I was intending to use, or selected the correct item but transferring thumb to the centre button would usually result in selecting a different menu item. Pressing the back button often left me wondering what I was going to do in the first place.....

Bedroom - Echo Show 8