Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Menus on SB Controller Screen

I recently signed up for a premium account on jazzgroove.org which entitles me to straight music streaming with no talk. This requires that I insert a special URL into my Duet system using MSB.com as described on the jazzgroove.org website. (See https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...I5bAC7rK4/edit) That instruction says to paste the URL into the appropriate box on the remote control window>Internet Radio>Tune in URL. When I follow this procedure I first note that my SB Controller does not have an Internet Radio Menu item in its list and that the Internet Radio item in the Home menu list on the MSB.com player control window is greyed out. Thus following this procedure seems to do nothing.

Net result is I can't get this URL location into my Controller menu and can't benefit from the available stream. Anyone have any recommendations ?

Quote Originally Posted by greywing View Post
    I recently signed up for a premium account on jazzgroove.org which entitles me to straight music streaming with no talk. This requires that I insert a special URL into my Duet system using MSB.com as described on the jazzgroove.org website. (See https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...I5bAC7rK4/edit) That instruction says to paste the URL into the appropriate box on the remote control window>Internet Radio>Tune in URL. When I follow this procedure I first note that my SB Controller does not have an Internet Radio Menu item in its list and that the Internet Radio item in the Home menu list on the MSB.com player control window is greyed out. Thus following this procedure seems to do nothing.

Net result is I can't get this URL location into my Controller menu and can't benefit from the available stream. Anyone have any recommendations ?
    Do you want to add the URL to your Controller or the Receiver?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I'm not sure why the "Internet Radio" item is greyed out on your MSB account, seems fine on mine. (pics below).

If you run LMS then try pasting the URL into the Tune-in menu item there. (3rd pic)

Name:  remotecontrol01.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  50.8 KB

Name:  remotecontrol02.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  39.5 KB

Name:  remotecontrol03.jpg
Size:  41.1 KB
    LMS server/study player - LMS 8.3.0 Pi4B 4GB/NanoSound ONE case/pCP 8.1.0 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on Sata SSD (ntfs)
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 8.1.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > Topping E30 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Echo Show 8
    Garage - Squeezebox Touch > Edifier

Spares - 1xSB Touch, 1xSB3, 4xRPi, 1xDAC32, 1xCORE32

Amendment to Original post

When in MSB.com and clicking Remote Control, the resulting window does not show my SB Player (Living Room) when I click "Current Player". It does show when I click "Players" from the main screen although it shows as "Not Connected".

When in MSB.com and clicking Remote Control, the resulting window does not show my SB Player (Living Room) when I click "Current Player". It does show when I click "Players" from the main screen although it shows as "Not Connected".
    Do you normally use MYSB.com to play JazzGroove or LMS?

Please answer.
    LMS server/study player - LMS 8.3.0 Pi4B 4GB/NanoSound ONE case/pCP 8.1.0 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on Sata SSD (ntfs)

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    I'm not sure why the "Internet Radio" item is greyed out on your MSB account, seems fine on mine. (pics below).

If you run LMS then try pasting the URL into the Tune-in menu item there. (3rd pic)

Name:  remotecontrol03.jpg
Size:  41.1 KB
    Actually, that's what I did, but no joy. Internet Radio looks the same on MSB as what you show (image seems greyed out). It just doesn't exist on the SB Controller screen as a menu item so I have no way to select it on the controller. I assume nothing has happened when I enter the URL

Do you normally use MYSB.com to play JazzGroove or LMS?

Please answer.
    No. Just the controller.

No. Just the controller.
    C'mon, don't be funny.

Your Squeezebox receiver must be connected to either LMS running on a computer on your network, or mysqueezebox.com.

C'mon, don't be funny.

Your Squeezebox receiver must be connected to either LMS running on a computer on your network, or mysqueezebox.com.
    SB Receiver is hardwired to my network. LMS is running but I do not run MSB.com. My music listening is principally from the internet.

SB Receiver is hardwired to my network. LMS is running but I do not run MSB.com. My music listening is principally from the internet.
    On the LMS web UI go to Home > Music > Tune in URL (as in my picture earlier) paste the URL you've been given from Jazzgroove and press the play button alongside it.