Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    Album Artist list shows albums from compilations

    I am using Logitech Media Server after a long many years.
    I was using Plex and the transcoding from lossless to lossy put me off but the transmission was very reliable.

    Tried LMS and it was spectacular.

    I have ALBUM ARTIST menu which shows albums under a certain artist. But i do not want it to show albums where the artist is part of a compilation.
    For example:
    Looking under Album Artist, there is a band called "10cc" and under it are all the albums listed but also an album called "Slow Rock Collection" shows up with only their 1 song under that albums.

    How can I ensure only albums from the artists are shown and not compilations.

    FYI, all my compilations have "ITUNESCOMPILATION", COMP" and "COMPILATION" = 1
    Latest version: LMS 8+

    LMS installed on latest Windows 10 and using iPeng to access on iPad

  2. #2
    Any responses or help on this ?
    I am sure this is a common issue.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    326
    Have you looked at Server Settings > Behavior > Filter Contributor Roles at the Album & Track Level?

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    9,422
    I have a feeling there is nothing you can do about this. I can see it could be annoying if you have a lot of compilations.

    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    3,682
    Quote Originally Posted by HerculePirate View Post
    I have ALBUM ARTIST menu which shows albums under a certain artist. But i do not want it to show albums where the artist is part of a compilation.
    Yeah, that annoys me too. I can sort of understand its reasoning - as the list is of album-artists, and then you see the albums that album-artist appears on.

    The only way I think that you can resolve this is to create a new 'AlbumArtist' browse mode. If you go to server settings, 'Additional Browse Modes' you can define a new mode and set the 'Contributor Roles' to ALBUMARTIST, and 'Browse By' to 'Artists'
    Material debug: 1. Launch via http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json (Use http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json,cometd to also see update messages, e.g. play queue) 2. Open browser's developer tools 3. Open console tab in developer tools 4. REQ/RESP messages sent to/from LMS will be logged here.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    9,422
    Quote Originally Posted by cpd73 View Post
    Yeah, that annoys me too. I can sort of understand its reasoning - as the list is of album-artists, and then you see the albums that album-artist appears on.

    The only way I think that you can resolve this is to create a new 'AlbumArtist' browse mode. If you go to server settings, 'Additional Browse Modes' you can define a new mode and set the 'Contributor Roles' to ALBUMARTIST, and 'Browse By' to 'Artists'
    I can see that would work but in my case I don't always use the Album Artist tag so many albums don't show up.

    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Cheshire, UK
    Posts
    6,613
    Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    I can see that would work but in my case I don't always use the Album Artist tag so many albums don't show up.

    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    You are mixing up file tagging with what ends up in the database. After the scan phase tags are irrelevant. At scan time LMS adds a Contributor type that equates to Album Artist either when it finds a relevant tag or where there is no such tags but all tracks of an album are by the same artist.
    Jim
    https://jukeradio.double6.net


    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
    Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
    Dining Room SB Radio
    Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
    Guest Room Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    9,422
    Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    You are mixing up file tagging with what ends up in the database. After the scan phase tags are irrelevant. At scan time LMS adds a Contributor type that equates to Album Artist either when it finds a relevant tag or where there is no such tags but all tracks of an album are by the same artist.
    I tried it though and it didn't work. The albums with only an Artist tag were missing.

    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •