Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Account still required?

Hi, I wondered whether I still need a MySB.com-account? I just can't seem to figure out why this should be the case? Everything syncs locally?
    RPI 3+ with LMS 8.2.0 -- RPI 2 with a Hifiberry DAC+ running PiCorePlayer -- SBR running Firmware 8.0 -- Plugins: Material Skin, MAI, Podcasts, Musik - folge mir, Squeezelite-X, Ratings Light, Exclude Folders -- DSM 6.2.2 (Synology Disk Station 115) has my music

Michael can provide a more complete answer, but it somewhat depends on how you use LMS.

IIRC LMS uses MysB for services like Rhapsody, Deezer and maybe Tune-in. MySB can also be used to resize artwork.

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    Michael can provide a more complete answer, but it somewhat depends on how you use LMS. IIRC LMS uses MysB for services like Rhapsody, Deezer and maybe Tune-in. MySB can also be used to resize artwork.
    Cheers but all I use is Podcasts and the Tune-in Radio app. I was unaware though that I cannot seem to include radio stations just like that (I operate them via the Favorites entry in the menu anyway).
    Besides I'd love to get rid of this empty entry in the menu (see screenshot)

Name:  Screenshot 2021-12-06 102848.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  37.6 KB
    RPI 3+ with LMS 8.2.0 -- RPI 2 with a Hifiberry DAC+ running PiCorePlayer -- SBR running Firmware 8.0 -- Plugins: Material Skin, MAI, Podcasts, Musik - folge mir, Squeezelite-X, Ratings Light, Exclude Folders -- DSM 6.2.2 (Synology Disk Station 115) has my music

AFAIK you require MySB for internet radio, though I'm not exactly sure whether the accessed pages are really shielded. Some of the icons, like `Staff Picks` and `Local`, are also loaded from MySB but you can access these without credentials. I have a feeling that the same may apply to the radio lists but that LMS will simply not load the corresponding modules if no credentials have been entered.

Quote Originally Posted by streifenleopard View Post
    Cheers but all I use is Podcasts and the Tune-in Radio app. I was unaware though that I cannot seem to include radio stations just like that (I operate them via the Favorites entry in the menu anyway).
    Besides I'd love to get rid of this empty entry in the menu (see screenshot)

Name:  Screenshot 2021-12-06 102848.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  37.6 KB
    You can remove the "on mysqueezebox" favourites folder.
    https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?p=1007836

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

There is a command line option for LMS not to use mysb.com - in preparation fot the day that mysb may not be around.

However in your case - deleting the favorites entry would seem to solve your problem. It may come back after an upgrade etc. but simple to delete.

Thank you for your replies.
    Yeah, I could delete the folder and now I have made sure to have the option unticked to keep syncing the players.
    So, in theory it would be possible just to replace the radio streams that are provided by TuneIn by an internet address of this very radio station.
    I would just not take advantage of TuneIn's services. In this case, I could delete my account with no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by streifenleopard View Post
    Thank you for your replies.
    Yeah, I could delete the folder and now I have made sure to have the option unticked to keep syncing the players.
    So, in theory it would be possible just to replace the radio streams that are provided by TuneIn by an internet address of this very radio station.
    I would just not take advantage of TuneIn's services. In this case, I could delete my account with no problems.
    correct. I have many internet radio station URLs saved as favorites and they play just fine. TuneIn not needed for those streams.
    Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP8.x/4TB>LMS 8.2.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP8.x/4TB>LMS 8.2.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>foobar2000
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    correct. I have many internet radio station URLs saved as favorites and they play just fine. TuneIn not needed for those streams.
    For some streams using Tune-in can provide cover art and other metadata.

Thanks for replying! I'll have a look as to how streams behave when streamed directly as opposed to streamed via TuneIn.