• streifenleopard
    • Dec 2010

Account still required?

> server. The more people.that use mysqueezebox also makes it less likely
    > to be discontinued by Logitech. As far as privacy goes mysqueezebox is

And please note that this important piece of information is not only
    about shutting down mysb. But Logitech is paying for this forum, too. As
    well as for the build host, mailing list, etc. Keeping the community on
    these platforms is probably more important for many than mysb itself.
    Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 2GB​ with LMS 8.3.2 and a Hifiberry DAC+ -- Plugins: Material Skin, MAI, Podcasts, Musik - folge mir, Ratings Light et al. -- 2x UE Smartradios running Firmware 8.0 sth -- Win10 PC with Squeezelite-X ​-- Raspberry Pi 4 Model B has my music on an attached SSD
  • streifenleopard
    • Dec 2010

Account still required?

Hi, I wondered whether I still need a MySB.com-account? I just can't seem to figure out why this should be the case? Everything syncs locally?
    Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 2GB​ with LMS 8.3.2 and a Hifiberry DAC+ -- Plugins: Material Skin, MAI, Podcasts, Musik - folge mir, Ratings Light et al. -- 2x UE Smartradios running Firmware 8.0 sth -- Win10 PC with Squeezelite-X ​-- Raspberry Pi 4 Model B has my music on an attached SSD

Comment

• bpa
      • Oct 2005

Michael can provide a more complete answer, but it somewhat depends on how you use LMS.

IIRC LMS uses MysB for services like Rhapsody, Deezer and maybe Tune-in. MySB can also be used to resize artwork.

Comment

• streifenleopard
        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by bpa
        Michael can provide a more complete answer, but it somewhat depends on how you use LMS. IIRC LMS uses MysB for services like Rhapsody, Deezer and maybe Tune-in. MySB can also be used to resize artwork.
        Cheers but all I use is Podcasts and the Tune-in Radio app. I was unaware though that I cannot seem to include radio stations just like that (I operate them via the Favorites entry in the menu anyway).
        Besides I'd love to get rid of this empty entry in the menu (see screenshot)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2021-12-06 102848.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	1573805

Comment

• gordonb3
          • Dec 2020

AFAIK you require MySB for internet radio, though I'm not exactly sure whether the accessed pages are really shielded. Some of the icons, like `Staff Picks` and `Local`, are also loaded from MySB but you can access these without credentials. I have a feeling that the same may apply to the radio lists but that LMS will simply not load the corresponding modules if no credentials have been entered.

Comment

• slartibartfast
            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by streifenleopard
            Cheers but all I use is Podcasts and the Tune-in Radio app. I was unaware though that I cannot seem to include radio stations just like that (I operate them via the Favorites entry in the menu anyway).
            Besides I'd love to get rid of this empty entry in the menu (see screenshot)

[ATTACH]36352[/ATTACH]
            You can remove the "on mysqueezebox" favourites folder.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
            Living Room: Touch or Squeezelite (Pi3B) > Topping E30 > Audiolab 8000A > Monitor Audio S5 + BK200-XLS DF
            Bedroom: Radio
            Bathroom: Radio

Comment

• bpa
              • Oct 2005

There is a command line option for LMS not to use mysb.com - in preparation fot the day that mysb may not be around.

However in your case - deleting the favorites entry would seem to solve your problem. It may come back after an upgrade etc. but simple to delete.

Comment

• streifenleopard
                • Dec 2010

Thank you for your replies.
                Yeah, I could delete the folder and now I have made sure to have the option unticked to keep syncing the players.
                So, in theory it would be possible just to replace the radio streams that are provided by TuneIn by an internet address of this very radio station.
                I would just not take advantage of TuneIn's services. In this case, I could delete my account with no problems.

Comment

• garym
                  • May 2008

Thank you for your replies.
                  Yeah, I could delete the folder and now I have made sure to have the option unticked to keep syncing the players.
                  So, in theory it would be possible just to replace the radio streams that are provided by TuneIn by an internet address of this very radio station.
                  I would just not take advantage of TuneIn's services. In this case, I could delete my account with no problems.
                  correct. I have many internet radio station URLs saved as favorites and they play just fine. TuneIn not needed for those streams.
                  Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP8.2.x/4TB USB>LMS 8.5.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
                  Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP8.2.x/4TB USB>LMS 8.5.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
                  Office: Win11(64)>foobar2000
                  The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP7.x/4TB USB>LMS 8.1.x>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
                  Controllers: Material Skin, iPhone14Pro & iPadAir5 (iPeng), or CONTROLLER
                  Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

Comment

• bpa
                    • Oct 2005

Originally posted by garym
                    correct. I have many internet radio station URLs saved as favorites and they play just fine. TuneIn not needed for those streams.
                    For some streams using Tune-in can provide cover art and other metadata.

Comment

• streifenleopard
                      • Dec 2010

Thanks for replying! I'll have a look as to how streams behave when streamed directly as opposed to streamed via TuneIn.

Comment

• slartibartfast
                        • Jan 2010

Thanks for replying! I'll have a look as to how streams behave when streamed directly as opposed to streamed via TuneIn.
                        There is a TuneIn plugin for LMS which is independent of mysqueezebox. What benefit do you expect to see from not using mysqueezebox?

Living Room: Touch or Squeezelite (Pi3B) > Topping E30 > Audiolab 8000A > Monitor Audio S5 + BK200-XLS DF

Comment

• streifenleopard
                          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by slartibartfast
                          There is a TuneIn plugin for LMS which is independent of mysqueezebox. What benefit do you expect to see from not using mysqueezebox?

Hi I just thought that it might be one service less connecting to the internet and cutting ties to anything requiring a registration always sounds good - in a data transfer reduction privacy-sort of way. But frankly I don't know too much about it. I just thought oh well why not.

Comment

• slartibartfast
                            • Jan 2010

Hi I just thought that it might be one service less connecting to the internet and cutting ties to anything requiring a registration always sounds good - in a data transfer reduction privacy-sort of way. But frankly I don't know too much about it. I just thought oh well why not.
                            One benefit of using mysqueezebox.com is that it performs artwork resizing which otherwise would be done (generally more slowly) by your server. The more people.that use mysqueezebox also makes it less likely to be discontinued by Logitech. As far as privacy goes mysqueezebox is probably one of the most benign of the online services.

Comment

• P Nelson
                              • Nov 2012

Thank you to Michael and Logitech

Originally posted by mherger
                              > server. The more people.that use mysqueezebox also makes it less likely
                              > to be discontinued by Logitech. As far as privacy goes mysqueezebox is

And please note that this important piece of information is not only
                              about shutting down mysb. But Logitech is paying for this forum, too. As
                              well as for the build host, mailing list, etc. Keeping the community on
                              these platforms is probably more important for many than mysb itself.
                              While I am unhappy about Logitech’s decision to stop making squeezebox hardware, I continue to buy Logitech accessories such as the tiny wireless mouse I use when I travel. My view of Logitech is favorable considering the continued support for this community. I am confident I can speak for many on this forum the appreciation we have for Michael’s dedication to keep the platform going. As always, thank you!

Comment

Working...