Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Raspberry pi 4 with PiCorePlayer HDMI hiss

Ran into an issue with Transporter down sampling everything to 96 kHz when I synchronize. Transporter is connected via coax to Krell Digital Vanguard integrated amp. LMS is 8.2. Decided to try moving one of my Raspberry pi 4 with piCorePlayer 8.0 to replace the Transporter to see if that would fix the problem. Well, it did... however, .dsf files play, but with a hiss in the background. HDMI is connected to Raspberry pi slot 0 next to power connection. I've run through all the output settings with no success. Also tried changing DSD settings in piCorePlayer to 3:32be, 3:16be and 3:u8.

Appreciate any help.

You specifically call out HDMI in the subject.
    Is that where you are hearing the hiss?
    If not then does the hiss disappear when you remove the HDMI cable or disconnect the other end of it?
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    You specifically call out HDMI in the subject.
    Is that where you are hearing the hiss?
    If not then does the hiss disappear when you remove the HDMI cable or disconnect the other end of it?
    HDMI is what I using to send sound to the DAC and amp. So, yes, if I unplug the HDMI cable there is no hiss. If I use the coax connection to the DAC and amp from my Transporter, there is no hiss.

And the hiss, noise, static.... Call it what you will is only there with hi-res .flac or .dsf. If playing regular .flac files at 44kHz, there is no noise underlying the music.