Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

JiveLite and PiCore player, several issues

Hello all,

I want to make a Jivelite player for my daughter in law, I has already put her a RP2B with piCorePlayer 7.0 without screen.

I do all my test at home with a RPI4B+ PiCorePlayer 8.0
    I have bought a WaveScreen 7' LCD (C) for this. With a fresh install, I add directly into the config.txt what is written in the waveshare documention :

max_usb_current=1
    hdmi_group=2
    hdmi_mode=87
    hdmi_cvt 1024 600 60 6 0 0 0
    hdmi_drive=1

Even if the boot takes the full screen resolution, when i install Jivelite and reboot, the logo piCorePlayer takes the full screen and is centered..but Jivelite display is disturbed.. like the display is displaced on the right like 2/3 of the screen and what is out of the screen is shown on the left side. But anyhow.. i have taken back the RPI2B+ at home to make some test.. I added into the config file and install Jivelite (remember it's on a pcp 7.0), and the screen look perfect.
    I have tried to run the SD card with pcp 8.0 that was running on the RPI 4B+, the display is also displaced. Have you an idea why ?
    But as the target is on RPI2B/pcp 7 I let this issue aside and i am facing some new issues. I have searched over the forum and didn't find something that works.
    I select the Touch Skin (1024x600)

- The calibration is not correct and change from boot to boot. To try calibration I used these commands :
    sudo su
    export TSLIB_TSDEVICE=/dev/input/event0
    export TSLIB_FBDEVICE=/dev/fb0
    ts_calibrate
    The process is running but nothing happens, I have still jivelite displayed
    - I see that the mouse pointer is hidden after some seconds, can i reduce this time ? can i totally hide the cursor ?
    - I have set to display the clock when the player is off... once it is, how can i turn it off on touching the screen ? the only way is to turn it on by the LMS.
    - The VuMeter is not centered.

thank you for your help

yves
    Last edited by ygi; 2021-12-02 at 08:43.

Have you followed any of the waveshare installation threads. Here is a basic how-to.

https://docs.picoreplayer.org/projects/add-a-display/

The screen resolution is going to be a problem for skins. Everything is designed around the resolution of the rpi 7" display.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    Have you followed any of the waveshare installation threads. Here is a basic how-to.

https://docs.picoreplayer.org/projects/add-a-display/
    No I didn't try it, but I did it now..

first of all here is the restult of the input devices.

cat /proc/bus/input/devices | grep N:
    N: Name="WaveShare WS170120"
    N: Name="YSPRINGTECH USB OPTICAL MOUSE"
    N: Name="ADS7846 Touchscreen"

then I replace the string "/ADS7846 Touchscreen/" by "/WaveShare WS170120/" in the jivelite.sh

The issue is that when trying to calibrate i still get the 3.5 screen default resolution :
    xres = 480, yres = 320

The Crosshairs are not displayed, but the touchscreen is responsive and shows me proper positions..
    And no display on restarting the pcp => black screen.

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    The screen resolution is going to be a problem for skins. Everything is designed around the resolution of the rpi 7" display.
    the default 7 inch screen is lower that 1024*600 ?

thx
    Last edited by ygi; 2021-12-04 at 10:05.

Quote Originally Posted by ygi View Post
    The issue is that when trying to calibrate i still get the 3.5 screen default resolution :
    xres = 480, yres = 320

The Crosshairs are not displayed, but the touchscreen is responsive and shows me proper positions..
    And no display on restarting the pcp => black screen.
    Ok I have found why, the screen is /dev/fb0
    I could have calibrated and tested it.

But, on the reboot process.. any reboot after having installed the "pcp-jivelite_default-wav35skin.tcz” extension, it hangs on "Loading Extensions", the bar also stopped spinning, but the RPI is still responding on the network and SSH.

I have tried to remove the extension... it boots normaly, I add it back.. it hangs again.

Have you an idea why ?

thx

yves
    Last edited by ygi; 2021-12-04 at 13:59.

I have restarted with a brand new version of pcp 8 for the rpi 2b.
    After several tests.. i could get it to work...

But a question is still open :
    When the player is Off, i choose to display the clock, or black screen..

How can i turn the player (squeezelite) on, the touch screen doesn't respond, and i can't see the power icon.. The only solution is to turn it on via LMS to have access to the menus.

On the other hand, Can i grammatically (locally on the rpi) to turn it on ? by a gpio ? or a command ?

best regards, and thank your for your great work and help

yves
    Last edited by ygi; 2021-12-05 at 07:31.

I have restarted with a brand new version of pcp 8 for the rpi 2b.
    After several tests.. i could get it to work...

But a question is still open :
    When the player is Off, i choose to display the clock, or black screen..

How can i turn the player (squeezelite) on, the touch screen doesn't respond, and i can see the power icon.. The only solution is to turn it on via LMS to have access to the menus.

On the other hand, Can i grammatically (locally on the rpi) to turn it on ? by a gpio ? or a command ?

best regards, and thank your for your great work and help

yves
    Just touch the screen, the power on button should appear top left, touch it.
    Server - LMS 8.3.0 Pi4B 4GB/Argon one case/pCP 8.1.0 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on Sata SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi4/Pi screen/pCP 8.1.0 > HiFiBerry DAC HAT > Edifier
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 8.1.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > Topping E30 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Echo Show 8
    Garage - Rpi4/pCP/AP mode > Touch > Edifier

Spares - 1xTouch, 1xSB Radio. 1xSB3, 6xRPi, 1xDAC32, 1xCORE32

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    Just touch the screen, the power on button should appear top left, touch it.
    It doesn't... I have 2 squeezeboxes touch, and i know this is the way it works....
    but here.. i touch the screen every where.. the screen saver won't move

yves

It doesn't... I have 2 squeezeboxes touch, and i know this is the way it works....
    but here.. i touch the screen every where.. the screen saver won't move

yves
    On your screen > Settings > piCorePlayer > "Enable Power On Button when Powered Off".
    Server - LMS 8.3.0 Pi4B 4GB/Argon one case/pCP 8.1.0 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on Sata SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi4/Pi screen/pCP 8.1.0 > HiFiBerry DAC HAT > Edifier
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 8.1.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > Topping E30 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Echo Show 8
    Garage - Rpi4/pCP/AP mode > Touch > Edifier

Spares - 1xTouch, 1xSB Radio. 1xSB3, 6xRPi, 1xDAC32, 1xCORE32

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    On your screen > Settings > piCorePlayer > "Enable Power On Button when Powered Off".
    Great, thank you kidstypike

I didn't think about a parameter... thank you it works fine now.

Anybody knows the way i can turn it on programmatically ? In fact I have written anappliccation running in the background checking through GPIO if the Hi-Fi is On/Off, and to pulse it On when the player turns On (for the wake functionality), and I imagine to turn the Player On / Off, following the Hifi Status.

best regards

yves