Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

LMS Fails to Start - Config Lost?

Running LMS on a W10 box since Synology support ended. Had no issue until today when it appears as though config is lost as CP is now asking for a name for the Media Library & sign in to MySqueezebox. Login fails repeatedly with "Unexpected error validating MSB account". Not an issue with MSB.com as I've logged into that successfully via a browser.

Not sure which version of LMS as there seems to be no reference anywhere when it's not running.

Can't find any log files.
    Last edited by rbz5416; 2021-11-30 at 05:48.

LMS Fails to Start - Config Lost?

> Not sure which version of LMS as there seems to be no reference anywhere
    > when it's not running.

Once started you can check Settings/Information. But if you don't know,
    then likely it's not recent. Please give the 8.2.1 nightly build a try:

https://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly/?ver=8.2

Anyone able to shed any light on this? Re-installed 8.3 last time but just gone to use it & got the same error. Uninstalled & re-installed again but this time the error persists.

This is getting horribly reminiscent of the Logitech days when every time you want to kick back & listen to some music, you have to spend an hour or two dicking around trying to make the server work instead.

As a starting point can someone point me to where I find log files on W10?

Quote Originally Posted by rbz5416 View Post
    Anyone able to shed any light on this? Re-installed 8.3 last time but just gone to use it & got the same error. Uninstalled & re-installed again but this time the error persists.

This is getting horribly reminiscent of the Logitech days when every time you want to kick back & listen to some music, you have to spend an hour or two dicking around trying to make the server work instead.

As a starting point can someone point me to where I find log files on W10?
    C:\ProgramData\Squeezebox\Logs\server.log

ProgramData is a hidden folder,
    Server - LMS 8.3.0 Pi4B 4GB/Argon one case/pCP 8.1.0 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on Sata SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi4/Pi screen/pCP 8.1.0 > HiFiBerry DAC HAT > Edifier
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 8.1.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > Topping E30 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Echo Show 8
    Garage - Rpi4/pCP/AP mode > Touch > Edifier

Spares - 1xTouch, 1xSB Radio. 1xSB3, 6xRPi, 1xDAC32, 1xCORE32

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    C:\ProgramData\Squeezebox\Logs\server.log

ProgramData is a hidden folder,
    Thanks, does this mean anything?

[21-12-19 21:42:01.0028] main::init (390) Starting Logitech Media Server (v8.3.0, 1637794470, Thu Nov 25 00:17:13 WEST 2021) perl 5.014001 - MSWin32-x86-multi-thread
    [21-12-19 21:42:49.9776] Slim::Web::JSONRPC::requestWrite (516) Context not found in requestWrite!!!!

This is on trying to launch CP as admin which produces the error referenced in the OP.

Bizarrely, I seem to be able to access the web page & initiate a scan, despite the error & Windows Services having no entry for LMS.

Edit
    So the scan completed & LMS eventually appeared in Services. So I can now play some music 2 1/2 hours after I wanted to. See how long it lasts this time...
    Last edited by rbz5416; 2021-12-19 at 16:30.