Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Songs don't play, just advance to end

I'm using 8.2.1 with a Duet on a Windows 7 laptop. I can navigate wherever I want on local files or TIDAL or Qobuz. But each song just advances to the end without playing, even the local files. There are no entries in the server log for the time period when this is happening. Help much appreciated!

Also: a local radio station will stream and everything looks normal on the controller, but there's no sound. Although one odd thing is that the time starts at 7:24, which is a time that certain songs start with before they skip to the end without playing.
    Last edited by basslover99; 2021-11-30 at 03:55.

...and you did check volume and the connection to the amp/speakers?
    Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
    (LMS: Settings/Information)

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    ...and you did check volume and the connection to the amp/speakers?
    I just double checked and the volume and connections are fine. This happened in the middle of a playlist where the song ended and nothing happened and then I couldn't get anything else to play so the volume and connections were never even touched. Also, with everything but the streaming radio (local files, TIDAL, Qobuz) the controller does not indicate that anything is playing. Each song goes right to the end without playing anything. And then nothing advances unless I manually advance it. Please further advise. Thanks!

I installed 8.2 on a Windows 10 laptop and it works.

I shut off LMS in the W7 laptop before I turned it on in the W10 laptop. Is this necessary?

When scanning in my library on the W10 laptop, it's not scanning in the subfolders or the files in subfolders. I thought it did that on the old computer. Is it supposed to do that?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by basslover99 View Post
    When scanning in my library on the W10 laptop, it's not scanning in the subfolders or the files in subfolders. I thought it did that on the old computer. Is it supposed to do that?
    It should - if the account that it is running under has access rights to the folder contents.
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin